The Las Vegas Thread and MSE guide

Comments

• nvh
    nvh Posts: 1,652
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    May
    ferf1223 wrote: »
    Kahunaville at TI (though last I checked they were no longer participating)
    oh Kahunaville is one of my fave places :( shame... might drop them an email to see if they're likely to do it again soon :)
  • Steff
    Steff Posts: 473 Forumite
    July
    ferf1223 wrote: »
    We tried Blondie's last trip - also with a restaurant.com voucher. With the voucher I think it was good value, without the voucher it's overpriced. The fish and chips were really good. When we were there service was really quick.

We've also tried a few others that were good -

Quark's at LV Hilton (great for Star Trek fans)
    :)

Hi ferf - after seeing this I just tried to buy a cert for Quarks as we are definately going to LV Hilton - it was on our list last time, but we ran out of time- but this one isnt listed there either! What a shame.

We will be going anyway, just thought Id let you and everyone else know.
    Thanks for your advice about Blondies - will go there one lunchtime.
    Steff
    :hello:My name is Steff and I am a Vegas Addict :j
  • Steveswift
    Steveswift Posts: 256
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    August
    Hi all.

Thamks for you help on my link problems. I will try your suggestions after i finish wining some money on poker :)

Incidentally the links work ok from work so must be my settings here AOL.........
    £100 to £10k in 2010 using the magic of internet poker (Don't play poker unless you know what you are doing)

Lowest fig £25.00
    Current Balance £7000 :( Fail
  • niceday999
    niceday999 Posts: 1,058 Forumite
    coolio wrote: »
    I have tried my last gen GHDs at Caesars, PH, MGM, JW, and wouldn't work in any. I take a voltage convertor that i got from maplin for £20
    Would this be similar
    http://www.morgan111morgan.com/electrical-2/uk-to-usa-240-220-to-110v-voltage-converter-100w-59.html?zenid=76aaea47c0aab018f440d2ba9997ff7e

£10 and its only £2.50 delivery
    would this work with my straighteners ?
  • pennylane99
    pennylane99 Posts: 5,783
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    May
    niceday999 wrote: »
    Would this be similar
    http://www.morgan111morgan.com/electrical-2/uk-to-usa-240-220-to-110v-voltage-converter-100w-59.html?zenid=76aaea47c0aab018f440d2ba9997ff7e

£10 and its only £2.50 delivery
    would this work with my straighteners ?

I think you need the USA to UK one
  • niceday999
    niceday999 Posts: 1,058 Forumite
    I think you need the USA to UK one
    jez......i havnt a clue.Thanks Penny
    jez maybe i should stick to going to spain ...lol
    So to get my straightners (uk ones ) to work i need a usa to uk adaptor ? can anyone confirm this ?
  • pennylane99
    pennylane99 Posts: 5,783
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    May
    jez......i havnt a clue.Thanks Penny
    jez maybe i should stick to going to spain ...lol
    So to get my straightners (uk ones ) to work i need a usa to uk adaptor ? can anyone confirm this ?

this one should be ok

http://www.morgan111morgan.com/electrical-2/usa-to-uk-voltage-convertor-45w-stepup-transformer-57.html?zenid=76aaea47c0aab018f440d2ba9997ff7e

Converts 2 pin USA voltage to 3 pin UK voltage.
    Converts 110v to 230v.
    Plug into USA mains and converts for equipment using three pin.
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,955
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    May
    Luci did you just hand over the pasport card and $20 or did you ask were there any complimentary upgrades ?

I handed them over and very politely asked if there were any complimentary upgrades available. The guy at the Bellagio actually said, "I'm sure there are"! At PH they said they would check and came up trumps every time.

I'm hoping to be even bolder at the MGM and ask if there is a suite available. :eek: Well that's the plan, but I may chicken out.

2 more sleeps!! I have been up since 4am and was up at 5.15am yesterday. I'm always like this a few days before Vegas and must be more excited than I realise.

luci
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    March
    Steff wrote: »
    Hi ferf - after seeing this I just tried to buy a cert for Quarks as we are definately going to LV Hilton - it was on our list last time, but we ran out of time- but this one isnt listed there either! What a shame.

That is a shame...it's sort of like Blondie's - decent food but a bit overpriced...at least at Quark's you have the whole theme which makes it worth a visit anyway, at least once. You can sometimes find a voucher in the monorail guides for a free mini-Warp Core Breach drink with purchase of an entree...I've always meant to try it but have never gotten the nerve. :)
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    March
    luci wrote: »
    I'm hoping to be even bolder at the MGM and ask if there is a suite available. :eek: Well that's the plan, but I may chicken out.

2 more sleeps!! I have been up since 4am and was up at 5.15am yesterday. I'm always like this a few days before Vegas and must be more excited than I realise.

Have a great trip and good luck on the upgrade! I had a look at frontdesktip and it does seem like quite a few managed a suite upgrade, so will have my fingers crossed for you...and if it works for you, maybe it will give me the courage to be more bold than 'are there any complimentary upgrades available?' I'm alway so nervous that if I at least get that question out I feel like I've achieved something great. :)
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure