Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• Morning all,

My plan for today is ...

B- natural yoghurt with strawberries, blueberries and honey 2
    L- egg salad with ryvita

D- leftover Katsu veggie stir fry with courgettes, carrot, onion, pepper, green bean and sugar snaps (8 syns for the sauce but worth it and I have had very few syns this week)

Snack - baked apple with sultanas, cinnamon, honey 2 and quark

Syns honey 4, Katsu sauce 8
    HeA Alpro milk, yoghurt
    HeB Ryvita, dried fruit

Yummy food day!

Last night I made my old favourite, SW fried rice. It always goes down a treat, my husband and my niece loved it and I sent some home with her to my sister who has also restarted SW. I'm trying really hard to encourage her to do it, she has about 4 stone to lose but when she does it she loses it really quickly.

Had a sneaky peak on the scales and I am still moving. I'm def on a roll at the moment.

MRS RYAN, that is a total bargain for your dress, 8 weeks is a long time so you will definitely be able to make a difference, just keep doing what you are doing. Lots of water and keep active with your steps. You will look and feel fab! I agree with the shapewear, its great for smoothing you out and doesn't have to be the horrible restrictive kind.

KATHRYN, Sorry to hear you're still struggling with eating. What ginger sweets do you eat? I love anything ginger but have never seen sweets except for chocolate ginger which I adore. I hope a change in menu works for you.

WHIP, I used to WI at 1730 after work. I stupidly didn't eat or drink anything all day and then I would cram hifi bars in group after the scales. I would not recommend this!!!! Now I am doing SW on my own and WI first thing on a Saturday morning. There is a Sat morning group in my area but it's tricky to get to and I find the support I get on here enough for me at the moment.

GETTINGTHERE, where do you do your kayaking (at a club, on your own etc?). My husband and I would love to get into it but no idea how to start. I'd love some advice if you could spare a moment?

ESMY, Have a fab holiday you lucky thing.

MISS TEACH, keep plodding, I was having tiny losses and STS for ages but now I seem to be dropping good amounts each week. Have faith and keep making good choices, lots of water and speed. It will happen.

Gotta run, have a good day all, keep plodding x
    Weight loss 2017/2018 - 49 lbs
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    MoneySaverMe, they are some I buy at a Chinese supermarket. No idea how many syns in them, because only some of the packaging is translated in to English, but they definitely aren't sugar free.

Currently new menu aint good. Weetabix is not going down very easily.
    Zebras rock
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    greentiger wrote: »
    I was out for lunch today too but I didn't behave. But I am still stuffed and I haven't had anything to eat since.

I felt like that after my lunch yesterday but later in the evening (about 10.30) I had a bowl of berries with yogurt and some cold chicken.:)
    Whiplashy - I tend to go swimming on a Friday (I go to a Saturday class) as this stopped me drooling when hubby & son had their Friday night curry. However as son has now left home, I'm not sure whether hubby will still have his (especially as he always managed to persuade son to go for it) but as Friday is a quiet night in the pool I'll still go I think.

I really would recommend the Aldi Lamb Rogan Josh for 1.5 syns. My DH has one of the chicken ones (much more synful). They're as good as any take away. I do my own (free) pilau rice with it but for not many extra you could have a microwave pouch. It might be nice when you get back from swimming.:)

Hopefully you'll be able to find a salad or something else low syn at a service station missteach. Some of them have M&S or Waitrose so you might be lucky. You could use them to buy a few bits for next week too. Expensive but perhaps worth it. Couldn't you find a late night supermarket tonight to get something in? Any Subways around for a salad?

I've done surprisingly (and unusually) well for Body Magic this week. I've danced (energetically) on Tuesday and Wednesday for 2 hours each time and a good long walk this morning. I feel better for it too whether it's done any good on the weightloss front or not.

Today's a new week for me even though I haven't been to WI so 105 syns to use!:D I'm looking forward to my corned beef hash. I bought the Princes lean corned in Morrisons. I like this recipe with extra Speed.
    https://theenglishkitchen.blogspot.co.uk/2010/09/baked-corned-beef-hash.html
    I thin the horseradish down with a bit of milk (from HEA) instead of cream to mix and add tomatoes (and if possible some grated cheese) on top. It's really yummy.:drool:

Today's EE plan:
    B: NA grapefruit, HEB toast, egg, mushrooms, tomatoes
    L: JP (small) with veggie chilli, pickled cabbage and cottage cheese
    D: corned beef hash (potato, carrot, onion, red pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes) with cabbage
    Syns: corned beef (1.5), horseradish sauce (1)
  • The creamy Cajun chicken I had for dinner last night was amazing. Going to have it again tonight. Have it made up already and I'll microwave it when I get home from weigh in. Definitely need to work on my portion sizes though. It's massive :eek: I went on calorie counting earlier in the year and I switched to small plates. Had to get the big plates back out for this and it's over flowing! Told myself last night that I wouldn't eat it all....but I did :o

I've eaten pretty lightly so far today. Apple and yogurt for breakfast and turkey, cucumber, lettuce, tomato sandwich for lunch. No snacks. I'll probably stick to the same every weigh day to get a more accurate result. Have the same outfit as last week ready to go also. It's not going to be too practical for the winter, but a woman I spoke to at group last week suggested putting a jumper and coat over it and stripping down for weigh in. Think I might just do that.
    Back on the slimming world wagon 04.01.18
    Total lost 1st 3.5lbs :j Week 4
  • maman
    Good luck for tonight whiplashy. It's very common to see people stripping off for WI. Isn't that what the chair next to the scales is for? ;) I always wear leggings and a thin top but then layer up accordingly for the outside weather conditions.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    maman wrote: »
    Good luck for tonight whiplashy. It's very common to see people stripping off for WI. Isn't that what the chair next to the scales is for? ;) I always wear leggings and a thin top but then layer up accordingly for the outside weather conditions.

The chair is there for me to lean on so I dont fall over getting on the stairs :rotfl: :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Whiplashy wrote: »
    The creamy Cajun chicken I had for dinner last night was amazing. Going to have it again tonight. Have it made up already and I'll microwave it when I get home from weigh in. Definitely need to work on my portion sizes though. It's massive :eek: I went on calorie counting earlier in the year and I switched to small plates. Had to get the big plates back out for this and it's over flowing! Told myself last night that I wouldn't eat it all....but I did :o

I've eaten pretty lightly so far today. Apple and yogurt for breakfast and turkey, cucumber, lettuce, tomato sandwich for lunch. No snacks. I'll probably stick to the same every weigh day to get a more accurate result. Have the same outfit as last week ready to go also. It's not going to be too practical for the winter, but a woman I spoke to at group last week suggested putting a jumper and coat over it and stripping down for weigh in. Think I might just do that.

Good luck for tonight:D
    I have huge portions too :rotfl: when i saw some pics of food of people from group first thing i said was i must be a pig:rotfl::rotfl: i have twice as much as them literally, but then i have twice as much speed and aint done me no harm;)

I would like to report a 2 1/2lb loss also SOTW :dance::D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Thanks maman.

The problem is I live about 150 miles away from my family so have to drive to pick my sister up, then another hour to get to Legoland. The arrangements are me collecting them from my nan's house but dropping them home to my mum's place and then at the hospital the next day so I won't be going back to my nan's which is the only place I could leave stuff in the fridge for the weekend.

Gettingtheresometime internet shop isn't really an option as I'm not here all weekend to have it delivered! Won't get home until around 10pm ish on Sunday night then leave for work at 7am on Monday as need to be there for 7:30. The supermarket on the way to work only opens at 7:00 so I don't have time to get in there either. No Subways nearby work and even if there were I'm on lunch time duty so will only get 20 mins to actually eat it!

I've picked up a bag of salad in the hope it won't be too manky on Monday.
  • maman
    That's great news bubbs . Well done! I'm another greedy pig!:D

That sounds a very hectic weekend missteach . I wondered if you could pick something up at the motorway services on the way back then you wouldn't need to store it. Hope the trip goes well. :)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    maman wrote: »
    That's great news bubbs . Well done! I'm another greedy pig!:D

That sounds a very hectic weekend missteach . I wondered if you could pick something up at the motorway services on the way back then you wouldn't need to store it. Hope the trip goes well. :)

Thanks, love my food:rotfl::rotfl: but i very rarely snack now have my meals and thats it as a rule
    The lady that weighs says bubbs can really see the weight loss now but cant remember what you looked like before, i said fat:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: she said didnt we all:rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure