* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    GYD- hopefully things will start to move soon x

Chrissy- brilliant news, and breathe......xx

046- hope the visit to the Dr gave definitive answers.

Vulpix- does much work need the Vulpix touch in the new bungalow if you get it? Hard landscaping or just pottering this time? I feel your pain about DDs phone, my DD has written off 2 phones through water damage too, once taking her friends dogs for a walk through a stream ( a flippin DEEP stream!) and once skiing where she put the phone in the top pocket of her backpack, she thought it was waterproof.

Free- a winter wonderland sounds gorgeous! I thought there might be something on QVC as well, I agree with Peppa, its all a bit meh now.

Mrs G- hiya!

Princess Kitty- good to 'see' you! Hopefully dairy free will be the way to go for Squeak and he will start to settle soon x.

Weather is OK here so have pottered abut in the garden tidying things up etc. I thought abut getting some bulbs to plant this morning , then thought again- nah cba yet. That's a job for late September.

I am trying to decorate my bedroom piecemeal at the mo. We have a new bed being delivered next week and I decided that I will decorate, get carpet and new wardrobes when DH is in the US at the end of September. I have been painting and filling holes in frames, skirting boards etc in areas that he cant see so that he doesn't notice. I want it to be a nice surprise for when he comes home. Plus I can get rid of a mountain of his crud bit by bit so that he doesn't twig its gone! He is such a hoarder! I have been to the tip and the cs multiple times this week and have finally decided to give my dolls house to the cs. It nearly broke my heart as its the first one we made but I would rather someone else get joy from it than it being stuck on top of my wardrobe gathering dust as it has been for years now.

I went upstairs a while ago and found a large birds beak (like a seagull) at the top of the stairs that Bailey has kindly decided we need- Ive had a look round in the bedrooms and there is nothing, but Im panicking abut where he has left the rest of the bird.........
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Evening everyone, I have got the lurgy so haven't even got out of my pjs today just sat watching catch up tv and films. Both DDs have gone to Reading Festival and were glittering up this morning, needless to say there is glitter everywhere :DI cannot believe that we are nearly out of August and into September :eek:its frightening how quick this year has gone

MSGIGGLEWICK ooh I'm going to have a look after this, thankyou

LAZYSHEEP thankyou I thought I was right but doubted myself, what a shame I used to love watching each month, like you I watch more than I buy but it is the Christmas spirit of it all like you say

MURIE ooh I am going to watch out for that Alison Cork show then I love her stuff after you got me into watching her. Oh that sounds lovely what DD bought you bless her. OMG a large beak ewww that makes me cringe I hope you don't find the rest of the bird :o

PEPPAPIG yes I do agree with you there it does seem to be all fashion and jewellery now, I used to love watching Dawn Bibby and I remember the collectibles show. I must admit I did like a few things in the Christmas in July shows this year but not enough to buy them :D

VULPIX oh what a shame about the Chilli Jam especially when you have used the recipe before! Oh how annoying for DD2, at least she has got one to use for now. The dog flap isn't the size of the door :rotfl: but its a large one and my god does the wind blow in through it

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • mrsinvisible
    mrsinvisible Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    Vulpix, yes, you can lose hours in the garden! Poor DD and her phone, water is such a stupid thing, thinks it is welcome everywhere, ceilings, walls, floors, luggage, phones, open car windows,.....
    Free, sorry you have a lurgy, hope it is short lived and you feel better soon. l never saw the QVC Christmas programmes, feel like l have missed out.
    Murie, what a splendid idea for a surprise. Are you sure he will notice it when he comes back? MrI was the most unobservant male. Handy, when l wanted to change things, but bl00dy annoying when he didn't notice my hair/dress/perfume.
    l have been busy getting the fences sanded down and painted before winter, just one to do, but it needs the hedging cut back first, that's todays job. Yesterday was DGNs 2nd birthday party, at a 'soft play' place. Lovely noisy busy. Nursed a 2 week old baby boy, (yumm).
    She had a 'room on the broom' birthday cake, so clever, the confectioners who do these things.
    DGS, DD, DGS dad and DGS girlfriend have all gone away for the weekend to Duxford, so l am a free agent.
    l have new neighbours, with 3 small people, lovely little family, it will be lovely to have little ones playing outside again.
    Better go and make sure the dishwasher is behaving still, xxx
  • sammy_kaye18
    sammy_kaye18 Posts: 3,656 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning all

I am back on fish and budgie watch for the in laws so have been over there this morning, dogs out and sorted, gotten hubby dressed and out the door and now have 2 out of 3 children awake. Teenage monster is still in his pit. Kitchen and bathroom have remained clean and tidy. Ben is slightly pained - he went to a trampoline park UV night and somehow managed to land on his neck and is in a bit of pain so hes slightly delicate this morning and has just gone back to bed to rest and watch films on his phone.
    Holly and I have decided to finish breakfast and then we will go out blackberry picking. Walked past loads of bushes by the road full of big fat blackberries but was always taught not to pick next to a road. :( but I have a few good spots where I know there are blackberries so I will enjoy them - might even sneak to my mother in laws and steal her bird net to get some of the higher riper ones.

MrsI - hope your hedge cutting goes well. I cant get the petrol lawnmower started so no gardening for me today.
    Free - I hope you feel better.

Think dinner will be slow cooked sausage casserole tonight and I will crack on with some more cleaning.....might look at the matalan christmas stuff first though ;)
    Making Changes To Save My Life
    April step goal ~ 25,021 of 130,000 steps complete so far
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I thought my Christmas obsession had rubbed of on DVD when she said she had put Christmas books on her wish list but when I've gone to order them they are all about murder ! May need to work on her a bit more.

Christmas wise I'm on a roll got lots of items ordered also got what I think will be a big hit with Dad , she has a massive crush on William Beack ( Dylan in casualty) and I've managed to find a t shirt with him on .

GYD. hope your sale progresses smoothly and quickly.
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,302 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi,
    hope your sons neck has stopped hurting Sammy.I am pained to say I have no time to go blackberrying.I am frantically cleaning and doing fiddly time consuming diy jobs before the estate agent comes tomorow.perhaps DD2 will go when she finally gets up.

Free,hope you are feeling better enough to enjoy the peace and quiet and this unusually nice bank holiday weather.

Murie:eek: I don't know if finding a large beak in the house is hilarious or scary.Will it be the start of the cat bringing bird body parts as gifts for you.A sort of bird Mr potato head.

I am totally out of touch with what young children are into these days.No grandchildren and no littlies to talk to in reception any more:(As I only got DD2 when she was 8 there are tv things she watched when she was little that I have no clue about.

I have just been in the loft to shove some stuff out of the way.Now i would never say that my house was cluttered but I have hidden loads so the house will look clean and empty erm I mean spacious for tomorrow.

I had better get on with it.Enjoy the weather all

Vx
     :
  • sammy_kaye18
    My dog seems to be on a mission to wind me up today - he is driving me stupid. Ive stepped on him and fallen over him already today. I think he knows my husband is away and feels the need to be extra protective but short of locking him in a cupboard I dont know what else I can do! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Either way it is me and the kids for the evening. Husband is covering in Worcester and seems to be suffering from exhaustion with all the overtime he has been given lately and seems a bit down so I seriously started looking into holidays for his birthday next year - like a long weekend and I think we might head to Amsterdam for a few days. Although I am so scared of flying but I think an hour and 20 minute flight should be do-able without crying all the way there - its also a nice trial - seeing that you can get to Spain etc in like an hour and a half but me and my husband don't really do heat so I think Amsterdam is a nice change and compromise.
    It also means I have 10 months to lose some weight. I weighed in at 15st 8lbs this morning :(:(:(:( by far the heaviest I've ever been so something needs to change and there's no way I'm having a photo taken if I don't feel happy in myself.

I got 4 lots of blackberries portioned out so I will keep them in the freezer for pies, crumbles etc when the colder weather rolls around.

So husband is away for the evening, I have chocolate and 7up Free to enjoy my Game Of Thrones finale with tonight and I am thinking some Xmas planning might be in order.

Vulpix - he seems ok today thankfully.

Murie - I hope the rest of your seagull hasnt appeared :eek:
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Hello, :santa2:

I wondered if it would be ok to join you, please?

I love Christmas, have two smallish kids (6 and 3) and need to plan better for it. Also because I hate it when it all such a rush and over in a flash.

Got a few targets for Christmas. Hoping to be debt free (ultimate goal is my 40th in February), get some money together for Christmas from surveys again, have a comprehensive gift list (at least the ideas) by October 31st. The kids started asking to put stuff on their list so will need to start one soon.

Also might have Christmas dinner at ours again this year, so better start planning.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • sammy_kaye18
    Hello, :santa2:

I wondered if it would be ok to join you, please?

I love Christmas, have two smallish kids (6 and 3) and need to plan better for it. Also because I hate it when it all such a rush and over in a flash.

Got a few targets for Christmas. Hoping to be debt free (ultimate goal is my 40th in February), get some money together for Christmas from surveys again, have a comprehensive gift list (at least the ideas) by October 31st. The kids started asking to put stuff on their list so will need to start one soon.

Also might have Christmas dinner at ours again this year, so better start planning.

Welcome Thriftylass, Everyone is more than welcome here :-) :j:j:j
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Welcome to the thread thriftylass! :)

Hope everyone is well.

Sammy_kaye I don't like the heat either therefore tend to holiday in the UK.
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family