Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,684 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Quick question - feel free to answer or not.
    I've been reading about BPD and have also seen it referred to as Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder as borderline almost makes it sound like there's not that much wrong if you're only on the borderline of it. If that makes sense. As an outside observer, I think emotionally unstable almost has harder connotations to it. Just wondering how much difference people feel the label itself makes to how they see themselves and how they are perceived by others, and which label/diagnosis is preferable if you have to have one?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Thanks for all the encouragement everyone :) This would probably be something I'd start autumn / winter when I'm not spending so much of my time cutting back hedges and taking garden waste down the tip (seems to be all I've done in the last month and I still have a huge pile that hasn't made it to the tip). Would also have to re-learn how to read music, since I haven't needed to in over 30 years. :eek:
    tea_lover wrote: »
    Thinking more about the music thing... am in awe of piano players. Have always been very impressed by the fact that you're effectively reading and playing (at least) two different pieces of music at the same time. That's some impressive brain work, and hand work.

You're scaring me off now :rotfl:. I'm not a touch typist, but can type a section of text with minimal glances at the keyboard, only an occasional "reset" when I forget where my fingers have ended up :o , so in principle I ought to be able to learn to do the same for a piano keyboard (famous last words).

Bristol violin shop hires cellos for £30/month. Bit of a journey for you though I think.

http://bristol-violin-shop.co.uk/instrument-hire-scheme/

Doubtless there are other places around that do it as well.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Well I am in Bristol a lot for work but as it involves a very busy train journey I may not hire a cello from there :D

Might well have a look for something closer to home though. Although no idea where I'd find the time. I'm terrible at putting in the flute practice at the moment.
  • tea_lover wrote: »
    My unfulfilled music dream is the cello. I've never even touched one but have always really wanted to learn to play it. Now I just need to find somewhere I can try one without having to actually buy it first! Is musical instrument hire a thing - outside of schools?

Ah, the Cello! My Mam has fond memories of that....not! When I landed home one day from school with one, she was not impressed, and spent weeks trying her best not to trip over it and/or bruise herself, neither were very successful....and neither was the Cello playing! :rotfl:

We have a local (well about 16 miles away) music shop that hires out all sorts of different instruments.
  • Wellyboots6
    Wellyboots6 Posts: 2,735 Forumite
    I'm on holiday from work and Escapette is at the childminders. Would it be awful to spend the day Pok!mon-ing?

Sorry to hear about MF WaS, although once she is patched I'm sure she'll enjoy having a good natter with all the other patients.

Elsien, I think EUPD describes it better whereas BPD dies sound less serious. But then maybe that is not a bad thing? Neither are particularly snazzy terms though!
  • Would it be awful to spend the day Pok!mon-ing?
    If it's awful, I'm going to be awful too! It's a beautiful day here, so I'm going for a walk / Pokemon hunt at lunchtime :D
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    I had a day off yesterday (was supposed to be in London but obviously that didn't pan out!) The only thing I managed to achieve was a pokewalk :D
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,684 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I took Gitdog for an early morning walk. He managed to keep his feet on the floor to say hello to 4 dogs but his stock of sensible had run out by the time we got to number 5, resulting in a vertical take-off and landing onto its rather bemused head. He's now quite keen to go out again, I am rather less so.
    How is LS, welly?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • I haven't been out Pokemon hunting for ages, infact I've been hatching an egg for about a week now and it's only 5k! The last 5k I hatched was a cute one, it was a Diglett.
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Welly, I think that if you can be outside on a day like today then it's almost your duty to enjoy it on behalf of those of us who are stuck inside an office. If you happen to catch some Pokemon while you're out then that's just an added bonus :D

Penguin post, annoying whinge about trying for a baby Even though we've been trying for over a year, due to IzHe's ridiculously low libido we've not even come close to having a chance for at least half of that time and I still end up disappointed every time my period starts.
    This month's particularly harsh because, for once, we actually did everything right at the right time and my normal 25-26 day cycle decided to be 28 this time so, despite having every single indicator that I was due on, I've spent the past 2 days failing to convince myself not to get my hopes up. Gah, I hate my body and want to curl up in a ball and cry but that's generally frowned upon in work :(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback