Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I hope you have had a lovely start to the week.

@2010 – I do completely understand where you are coming and 12 months is much longer than we would hope and we are doing what we can to get the cashback to you. As you have mentioned the merchant is no longer on site but the cashback network still has ways to query outstanding transactions. We can't disclose regular updates when the cashback network are looking into outstanding payments but do tell members what we can.

@deanos – Thank you very much for sharing your findings with everyone. I am glad to hear you can now use our site with ease. If you ever do have any future problems please do let me know.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    2010 Posts: 5,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

You might like to read our latest Cashback sites news story: Are you a cashback site loser?

Thanks Andrea,
    A good article and explanation and I`m certainly a cashback loser because they didn`t pay up.

Maybe you could also do an article of why the likes of Topcashback lures people onto their website, promising cashback, and when the retailer doesn`t pay the cashback, even though it`s been tracked and all conditions have been met, TCB doesn`t seem concerned or can do nothng about it.
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I hope you have had a lovely start to the week.

@2010 – I do completely understand where you are coming and 12 months is much longer than we would hope and we are doing what we can to get the cashback to you. As you have mentioned the merchant is no longer on site but the cashback network still has ways to query outstanding transactions. We can't disclose regular updates when the cashback network are looking into outstanding payments but do tell members what we can.
    Best wishes,
    Matt

More words Matt what`s needed is a bit of action.
    Here is Shearings number 01942 823322
    as you ask TCB members to refrain from contacting the company direct.
    Just phone them up and ask them what`s going on.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    2010 wrote: »
    Thanks Andrea,
    A good article and explanation and I`m certainly a cashback loser because they didn`t pay up.

Maybe you could also do an article of why the likes of Topcashback lures people onto their website, promising cashback, and when the retailer doesn`t pay the cashback, even though it`s been tracked and all conditions have been met, TCB doesn`t seem concerned or can do nothng about it.
    I second this, as it seems to happen more and more. Again, I have had legit claims that have met all conditions and yet have been refused. Certainly needs to be examined and perhaps with so much money involved should now come under regulation as its effectively a 'bait and switch' trick which is clearly against any trading regulations.
    Options
    Hi 2010 and Boatman,

I hope I can help you with both of your comments.

@2010 – As I have explained the money does not go from the merchant straight to us. There is a key player in the middle of the merchant and us who are the cashback network. Only they can query the outstanding cashback as they are the ones who the merchant pay. The merchant does not pay us and does not have a direct relationship with us.

We do try to manage our member’s expectations with cashback as much as we can. We explain where we can that cashback is not an incentive and should not be seen as one. All we do is open you up to earn the commission available for making a purchase. Otherwise this money would go to another source without you even knowing about it. If you have any ideas or feedback on how we can make this clearer to members please do let me know as I will be more than happy to pass your feedback on.

@Boatman - It is not possible for a member to be absolutely sure they are eligible for the cashback as they don’t know what the cookies on their device is telling the cashback network. A transaction has to be eligible for cashback - which a member can normally make sure of but it also has to be related back to us as being the referrer of the transaction. Clicking through to our site before purchasing does not always override the cookies already on your web browser and therefore there is a chance of us not being credited as the last referrer of the purchase. This is likely to be the cause of your cashback being declined. Therefore it is important to reduce the chance of cookies being on your device or any other referees being active within your web browser and this can include voucher codes not on our site.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    edited 28 October 2015 at 1:51PM
    Options
    Hi 2010 and Boatman,

I hope I can help you with both of your comments.

@2010
    We explain where we can that cashback is not an incentive and should not be seen as one.
    Best wishes,
    Matt

The ONLY reason that me and most others go onto TCB is for cashback.
    No other reason.
    Now you`tre trying to say join TCB but don`t expect any cashback.
    If people didn`t expect cashback you wouldn`t have a business.
    They just wouldn`t bother with you.
    I think you`re losing credibility by saying that.

What has your network been doing for the last twelve months in regards to my Shearings cashback? (very little, in fact, nothing)
    How could it possibly drag on twelve months with no conclusion?
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    Re - Emails that TCB send out promoting/advertising that cashback is being offered/is available for purchasing something and or taking out something e.g a policy from UK Companies via TCB website

How about stating in large type/big letters at the top of the cashback offers that "cashback is not guaranteed"

If my memory serves me correct you have previously stated words to effect that cashback sites all operate in same/similar way.

If this cashback site operator can contact merchant direct re rejected transaction, TCB can phone Shearings re 2010 long outstanding non payment of cashback ;)

http://www.imutual.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=58474&sid=57563635ee36286d6a9843a83a0c216e&start=10#p145150
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,090 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 28 October 2015 at 11:34PM
    Options
    Hi Part of our role it to alert our members about what cashback is. As I have explained previously all cashback sites are doing is opening up the chance for you to earn the commission that other sites have been able to earn in the past. If you did this through a non cashback site you wouldn’t know that the website is benefiting from you making the purchase, all we are is one of those sites who give the money back to you.

Reality is lots of companies are using Cashback Sites as an alternative marketing channel to in house/via there own websites/branches etc, equally e.g Nationwide and prior to that Scottish Power, pun not intended branched out further by offering cashback via Moneysupermarket.com in addition to via Cashback Sites.

All companies would expect advertised/promoted Cashback to be honoured/paid to its customers as opposed to hiding behind " cookies", "networks", "tracking"

Note the comment by Y.B re difference in time scales to payment via M.S.M as opposed to via a Cashback Site, I havent seen a complaint/problem re tracking of Nationwide Current Account switch offer via M.S.M, I have seen such complaints when done via a Cashback Site - Offered/Paid higher amount (100.00) than I have ever seen via Quidco/TCB as well, Cheque sent out by a 3rd party company in reality from my own experience around 2 weeks after the switch took place.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=69393339&highlight=#post69393339

Following on from my last post, TCB contacting the merchants directly when procedures with Network have been exhausted re unpaid cashback would appear to be reasonable expectation of TCB customers, as I said if one cashback operator can contact a merchant directly re declined/unpaid cashback than others like TCB can do so as well

Companies/Merchants will always view unpaid/declined valid transactions as an error/mistake as they would always expect Cashback incentives/promotions to be honoured/paid.

Of course TCB members can contact the merchant/company themselves, it is TCB who are supposed to be providing a Cashback service and make a large amount of money for doing so.
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I hope you are all looking forward to the end of the week. We’re not far away now!

@2010 – People do go through TopCashback to earn cashback and people do earn cashback with us. However, cashback like with any cashback site is bound by the commission process that it runs off. What I was bringing to your attention is that cashback cannot be guaranteed and so a member should be aware of this. Not telling members this would be dishonest. Only a tiny minority of transactions don’t track as we would hope and this is normally because of an issue with the device that was used to purchase and how it interacts with the cashback system.

I can’t disclose what has been done between the merchant and the cashback network for your transaction but that’s not to say that nothing has been done. People work hard to run the cashback process and it is in their best interests to progress the cashback as soon as possible. If they can’t do this they have to keep on trying until they can get a resolution.

@bristolleedsfan – Each cashback site works differently and so I can’t tell you exactly why a particular cashback site has been able to speak with the merchant direct about an individual cashback transaction. I can only re-iterate the cashback process further for you and go over the process itself that we have to follow. I can only tell you the process we have to follow.

A merchant who is unreliable leads to unhappy members and this is not something we want. This is why we keep on eye on situations like this and take action where we can. But it is important to recognise that a member writing a negative post doesn't necessary mean the merchant and their cashback network weren't fair with deciding their transaction eligibility. You may find examples of where a merchant has a high amount of negative reviews but their cashback tracking is no different to any other merchant.

I am sorry you both do not appear to be happy with the wider cashback process.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I hope you are all looking forward to the end of the week. We’re not far away now!

@2010 –
    I can’t disclose what has been done between the merchant and the cashback network for your transaction but that’s not to say that nothing has been done.
    Best wishes,
    Matt

Nothing has been done in one year.

Matt, you come on this thread for a few minutes each weekday to pay lip service but are not really concerned about resolving member`s problems.

Hiding behind the smokescreen of "we have to go through our networks and can`t contact the companies direct" is not good enough and is just “passing the buck”.

By saying “cashback is not an incentive and should not be seen as one” further damages your credibility.

I`ve got news for you, cashback is the only incentive people use TCB for, full stop.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback