My Side Hustle

Comments

• PKaurK
    PKaurK Posts: 52 Forumite
    I'm interested in starting a Blog. May I ask where you blog please?

I use Wordpress, as a beginner I find it very easy to use, I would definitely recommend it. What are you thinking of blogging about? Do you intend to monetise your blog in any way?
  • immuno
    immuno Posts: 240 Forumite
    Do you think that writing a non-fiction e-book on a niche topic can still be profitable without a means of promoting it? eg. a blog?
  • Reue
    Reue Posts: 569 Forumite
    Excellent work so far! You're certainly on the right course.

I've been matched betting for a couple of years now and still pull in £300-£500 each month on a single set of accounts.

I also run a blog which brings in about £300-£400 each month without much interaction.

Remember that your betting income is tax-free however you'll need to do a self assessment for anything made elsewhere and pay tax on it.

Good luck!
  • Reue
    immuno wrote: »
    Do you think that writing a non-fiction e-book on a niche topic can still be profitable without a means of promoting it? eg. a blog?

Yes; I have a friend who does this as a full time occupation. He uses paid-writers though rather than write the content himself.
  • immuno
    Reue wrote: »
    Yes; I have a friend who does this as a full time occupation. He uses paid-writers though rather than write the content himself.

Thanks. Do you mind telling us a bit more about your blog and how long it took you to start making that much money? Is it mostly through affiliate sales? You say it doesn't require much interaction?
  • immuno
    I've been matched betting for a couple of years now and still pull in £300-£500 each month on a single set of accounts.

!

Is this through reloads? I was wondering how feasible it is to continue long term, especially if you get gubbed...

Mostly wondering whether it's wise to pursue a blog and/or e-book whilst MBing. Do you have a day job as well? I'm guessing you do the MB on Saturdays?
  • Reue
    Thanks. Do you mind telling us a bit more about your blog and how long it took you to start making that much money? Is it mostly through affiliate sales? You say it doesn't require much interaction?

Its been going about 2 years now, all the money is through affiliates. I usually only post once or twice a month.
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Is this through reloads? I was wondering how feasible it is to continue long term, especially if you get gubbed...

Mostly wondering whether it's wise to pursue a blog and/or e-book whilst MBing. Do you have a day job as well? I'm guessing you do the MB on Saturdays?

There is a section on the board for MB'ing I believe?

While it isnt risk free - the odds are very much in your favour as long as you dont actually start gambling....for example bet365 the horse offer where you get a risk free for every winner you back over 4/1. If you back it at £25 and lose £1 per race - or lets say your terrible and lose £2 a race...You need one winner every 8 races to come out in profit. Which when a horse is 4/1 the odds suggest you would get 2 winners every 8 races.

I use profit accumulator myself, though I have stopped recently as moving house and jobs have taken over. I was making £600-700 a month easily.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • Reue
    I guess what confuses me (just out of curiosity) is how you get affiliate links if the bookies are against MB?

Not all of my affiliates are with bookies.

For most of the bookie ones I bounce it through a 3rd party marketing company so the bookies don't see the original source of traffic.
  • immuno
    Not all of my affiliates are with bookies.

For most of the bookie ones I bounce it through a 3rd party marketing company so the bookies don't see the original source of traffic.

Ah, I guess there's also affiliates like OM and PA?

Thanks for sharing! I imagine having a MB blog is easier if you're actually MBing. I did some MB a couple of years ago and now want to get back into it...(technically, I want to get my partner into it. Would you advise me to do some of the reloads I still get and get her to not sign up for those bookies and only do those once I'm gubbed with them?). However, my blog would have nothing to do with MB, so just wondering how many things I should pursue at once. Not sure if I should devote all of my spare time to MB. However, I do like the idea of having a passive income...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure