Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    molerat wrote: »
    2 of mine from 24 & 25 Sep have now tracked. Still missing some from 2 Oct though.
    The 2 Oct ones have now tracked. ;)
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey @molerat,

That is great news to hear :) They are catching up and so hopefully we will back to usual tracking soon.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • MrChips
    MrChips Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi everyone,

@MrChips – I am afraid when we’re not related back as the last referrer someone else’s cookie or a voucher code has got in the way and they will be paid. There’s nothing we can do to convince the tracking network otherwise. As much as we’d like to help you further, unfortunately, this is not something we can do.

I appreciate you taking the time to discuss this issue. In my case, TCB have told me that there is no other third party - Expedia are simply claiming I clicked through to them directly. But TCB have a record of the click through so not sure how to breach this impasse :wall:
    If I had a pound for every time I didn't play the lottery...
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    MrChips wrote: »
    I appreciate you taking the time to discuss this issue. In my case, TCB have told me that there is no other third party - Expedia are simply claiming I clicked through to them directly. But TCB have a record of the click through so not sure how to breach this impasse :wall:

Taking TCB out of the equation as they've already said there's nothing they can do (or won't take it further), your best bet is to go direct with your issue.
    As above, the path your transaction took, can easily be confirmed.
    You also have proof of the trace from TCB, forward that.
    Resolve is definitely worth a shot.

It won't help you now, but in future see if there's a cashback site that gives a similar cashback and guarantees it.

example - http://www.imutual.co.uk/expedia
    (see the tick)

But, generally you can get an instant 10% discount code from the likes of Vouchercodes and Vouchercloud etc and IMHO, an immediate 10% discount is far, far better than taking a chance of a 12% or so cashback from a cashback site.
    You can always click through from a cashback site and still use the code. Normally it will be declined, but nothing to lose.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • thor
    thor Posts: 5,483 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi everyone,

@MrChips – I am afraid when we’re not related back as the last referrer someone else’s cookie or a voucher code has got in the way and they will be paid. There’s nothing we can do to convince the tracking network otherwise.

So no further checks will be made by the merchant? They'll blindly pay out to the referrer of the last cookie?
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    thor wrote: »
    So no further checks will be made by the merchant? They'll blindly pay out to the referrer of the last cookie?

That's the way affiliate marketing works. If the merchant has recorded the sale as being referred by party A, the are going to reject a claim for commission on the same sale by party B.

What else do you expect the merchant to do?
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 15 October 2017 at 6:44PM
    thor wrote: »
    antrobus wrote: »
    That's the way affiliate marketing works. If the merchant has recorded the sale as being referred by party A, the are going to reject a claim for commission on the same sale by party B.

What else do you expect the merchant to do?

Let's not forget, Expedia aren't claiming another referrer, they are stating the purchaser (MrChips) went direct.
    Easy enough to check where the link came from, giving exact time and date.

I've just found out today I've had a genuine and valid financial purchase declined on my TCB account. No reason given, but I have an idea due to the stupidity of the offer.
    Tomorrow morning I'll start my mis-selling complaint.
    Screenshots and tracking history saved.
    I'll update accordingly. But I'll be chasing for my £84 and compensation.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    B_M wrote: »
    Let's not forget, Expedia aren't claiming another referrer, they are stating the purchaser (MrChips) went direct. Easy enough to check where the link came from, giving exact time and date...

Well I was replying to Thor. But that would be the same difference.
    B_M wrote: »
    ...I've just found out today I've had a genuine and valid financial purchase declined on my TCB account. No reason given, but I have an idea due to the stupidity of the offer.
    Tomorrow morning I'll start my mis-selling complaint.
    Screenshots and tracking history saved.
    I'll update accordingly. But I'll be chasing for my £84 and compensation.

Good luck.
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 16 October 2017 at 9:16AM
    antrobus wrote: »
    Well I was replying to Thor. But that would be the same difference.

I agree, it would be similar.
    Between the merchant, Affiliate Network and cashback site (TCB here), someone is stating there was no affiliate link.
    Yet, the TCB history shows a link to the merchant.

I had a similar issue with another site (not TCB), when they stated they couldn't see a click from their site to the merchant.
    I sent a copy of the affiliate link (from my history) and they sobered up and paid up.
    Where's there's money, there will always be 'skullduggery', there always has been and always will be.
    Cover your back and take evidence.

Thanks for the 'good luck', but I've been here many times with TCB financial transactions and won every single one.
    Potentially I have another couple of iffy financial transactions I'm monitoring with (taken via TCB) and one via Quidco (their exclusive).
    A positive is, there are some honourable merchants out there.
    The dodgy ones will always be challenged though, when needed.

Update: - on the ball this morning and my mis-selling complaint has been raised.
    Surprisingly, I wasn't given the 'it's not us Guv' garbage, but I was asked why TCB declined my cashback. I informed them it was either them or their agents that declined it.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi everyone.

@MrChips, I am sorry that there is nothing further we can do to progress your claim further, I do hope that any further transactions you make are much smoother.

@B_M I do hope that your claim is resolved positively and swiftly. If you do have any further issues we’re always here to help.

Best wishes,
    Kee
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback