PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2008 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• :hello: Hello!
    Im a real BRAND NEW newbie! And this is my very first post!
    Iv been reading, and am very interested in this challenge. Do we just nip in and out every now and then and tell you how Im doing?
    You'll have to excuse the hyperness - Iv just got a new dog today!! :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • bertiebots
    bertiebots Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Hello can I be part of this months gc again....Please put me down for £220 again this month, well actually I am already into my 3rd week omg!!:eek: I am doing really well so far and am sticking to my list like glue so coming in under with each shop. Its all helping towards the summer hols!:j
    My budget includes 2 adults , 3 kids and 2 cats and 2 dogs , smellys ,household/cleaning stuff and all packed lunches!:D
    JAN GC- £155.77 out of £200:D FEB GC £197.31 out of £180:o. MARCH GC - out of £200
  • Anitaj73
    Anitaj73 Posts: 155 Forumite
    Evening all :D

MrT delivery in and put away. Delivery charge was just 3.75 for weds nite which i think is a bargain as we don't have a local MrT only MrS which is way over priced. Total spend 40.59 which included loads of stuff to allow me to get on with baking and a special on fresh whole chickens which have gone in the freezer and will cover quite a few meals. I also had the £6 off a £40 shop, every little helps ;)
    also spent 7.14 at local londis on a few bits i forgot :rolleyes: so total for today is 47.73....I really shouldn't need anything else for a whole week if i can stay out of the shops for that long :D

SFT .... enjoy your break in sunny Suffolk :D its nice here give us a knock for a twink & a cuppa hehehe :rotfl:

Well i'm off to bed now and dream of shopping eermmm i mean baking ;)
    Keep those pennies in your purses :A
    May GC £350/ spent so far

family life = 2 adults DS x3 & DD1 + dog :)
  • Lula-Hula
    Lula-Hula Posts: 7,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I had to go down town today to get a prescription. Having been told it was about a 15 minute wait before it would be ready, I decided to sit and wait in the pharmacy rather that look round the shops down town - I didn't trust myself looking round the shops - I might have bought something!

That really made me laugh as I did exactly the same thing today ;) I was miffed enough that I had to pay 40p to park which blew my NSD so I just hovered & watched the assistant dust the shelves - she was very thorough :D . Glad to know I'm not the only person unable to trust themselves :rolleyes: .
  • Flylady_Flower
    Flylady_Flower Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    rossrumble wrote: »
    :hello: Hello!
    Im a real BRAND NEW newbie! And this is my very first post!
    Iv been reading, and am very interested in this challenge. Do we just nip in and out every now and then and tell you how Im doing?
    You'll have to excuse the hyperness - Iv just got a new dog today!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hi Rossrumble,

Welcome to the thread! :hello:

As you can see, we are a friendly bunch and you (and your new dog:D ) are more than welcome to pop in and out to tell us how you're doing or ask anything you want to know.

Mrs M is the lady who keeps a count of what we want to budget and what we actually spend, so if you wish to join in, just type in red and bold what you want your budget to be and she will pick it up, although I would suggest reading the very first post on this thread first, as it gives you all the info you will need to do this challenge.

Welcome, and we look forward to hearing more from you soon!:beer:
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • Hi all
    I find I haven't had time to post once I 've caught up with all the reading. But this week isn't going too bad updated signature abit over budget but I did stock up on some things this week ( now have 6 bottles of washing up liquid stashed away:rotfl: )so should even itself up over month (I hope!!)
    I spent more than I would have done using my get £5 off when you spend £30 voucher out of the sun (But as I said now have 6 bottles of washing up liquid which were technically free:) :), rice, tinned toms and bread flour- none of it will go off so.....)
    Hoping not to spend too much in butchers tomorrow and will try to be good when I go down town:A

Thanks for all the great recipes and hints I used soda crystals for the first time and nappies came out lovely and not too much foam so thinking I got dosage right, we are a hard water area here on the east coast, so anything that helps save the pennies;) on washing liquid

Can I just ask I have always used liquid but I notice powder is more economical but does anyone find powder leaves white marks on clothes due to it not dissolving or has powder advanced since I last used it 16 years ago!!!!!!!!!! I find fabric softner also makes my dispenser tray a bit manky and drum is smelly not unpleasently so but not as fresh as it used to be so will try cleaning it out with soda crystals and a hot empty wash.
    Thanks to MSE savings we got to go to Disneyworld Florida.

• SAV3R
    SAV3R Posts: 222 Forumite
    Argh.... just checked all the prices on my Tesco delivery. The bread I ordered was on at 90p per loaf, (sorry don't like cheap bread, however I do make some of my own when time is available) I was charged £1.16. I only ordered last night at 23:40. Also guide price for carrots 84p, actual £1.57, think they picked the largest they could find. Anyway, I have sent them an email. This may sound petty, but I can't believe the supermarkets get away with this. I now know why I started shopping instore again.

Rant over, I'm off to bed. Bye...
  • newgran_2
    newgran_2 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Hi all
    I find I haven't had time to post once I 've caught up with all the reading. But this week isn't going too bad updated signature abit over budget but I did stock up on some things this week ( now have 6 bottles of washing up liquid stashed away:rotfl: )so should even itself up over month (I hope!!)
    I spent more than I would have done using my get £5 off when you spend £30 voucher out of the sun (But as I said now have 6 bottles of washing up liquid which were technically free:) :), rice, tinned toms and bread flour- none of it will go off so.....)
    Hoping not to spend too much in butchers tomorrow and will try to be good when I go down town:A

Thanks for all the great recipes and hints I used soda crystals for the first time and nappies came out lovely and not too much foam so thinking I got dosage right, we are a hard water area here on the east coast, so anything that helps save the pennies;) on washing liquid

Can I just ask I have always used liquid but I notice powder is more economical but does anyone find powder leaves white marks on clothes due to it not dissolving or has powder advanced since I last used it 16 years ago!!!!!!!!!! I find fabric softner also makes my dispenser tray a bit manky and drum is smelly not unpleasently so but not as fresh as it used to be so will try cleaning it out with soda crystals and a hot empty wash.

i find that powder does leave marks on clothes, but if you dissolve it in hot water in a jug before pouring it into washer draw i find that helps. i have also noticed that draw is manky but never knew what it was, i too am on the north east coast, maybe it is the water?
  • Had a good day here, recently redundant OH had some work today, I managed to walk 2 miles at lunch time, made some cheesy biscuits (as per this thread) which were absolutely fantastic , cost pennies and are just as good as the hideouslly expensive ones I usually buy. Quick wander to MrT this evening added to the walking total and netted reduced full fat milk 25p (which I will water down), reduced nectarines 32p, bananas 42p, red onoins 25p, rolls 20p, bread 22p, and treated myself to a flan dish.
    Eat food, not edible food-like items. Mostly plants.
  • hello everyone

Yesterday I went shopping in waitrose for some reduced meat with my pigsback vouchers and managed to buy some cheap veal mince, 50% off. Today I went to cook the mince and was sorting out my spending diary and noticed that instead of £1.49 they charged me £2.99 so had to go into brent x waitrose to complain and ask for a refund.

Well they gave me £2.00 back and gave me a new packet of mince, so I ended up paying £ 0.99 for a 450 g mince which I was really pleased with.

Cheers
    Casper
    x x x
    LBM Feb 09[STRIKE] £64 427.32[/STRIKE] £13 700.59! Sub £15 000!
    DFD July 2018
    GC 01Dec ~ 30Dec £40.00 SSF £00.00
    NSD 00/20 WSC (08~14) £13.59 SSF £00.00 DFW Nerd 319 Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts!
    "Captain Jack Harkness! When will you learn that you can't solve every problem by shagging it?!"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure