PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Comments

• Soran wrote: »
    I think they should have tried to build a bigger fireplace in this house(pic 4):
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43345111.html?premiumA=true

Perhaps I'm being picky, but for that price I'd be expecting an indoor swimming pool too!
  • sleepymans
    sleepymans Posts: 902 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29138535.html

It seems some folk still use brylcreem!!

I'd rather sleep under the pier, would be less of a health hazaed
    :A Goddess :A
  • sleepymans
    sleepymans Posts: 902 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Corelli wrote: »

I love the exterior and grounds....hate the house though;)
    :A Goddess :A
  • Starbrite
    Starbrite Posts: 947 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    One for the retro lovers...

Look at those Kitchen Cupboards... and the Bathroom oh and the cupboard in the living room wowzers....

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-45242243.html
    Aspiring to be financially independent.... from my parents!
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-45310718.html

Pics 11 & 16 make me gag!!! The bath and the bed/headboard......euggggh! smiley-sick009.gif

Have you read the property description? I honestly can't believe they are talking about the same house as the pictures I'm looking at!

"It has been newly redecorated and is in good order throughout.

There is a bathroom upstairs with modern white suite with shower and a downstairs toilet in the laundry room.

There are useful built in cupboards in 2 of the bedrooms and a large airing cupboard on the landing.

The gardens front and rear are mainly lawned with mature trees which gives a very attractive outlook from the lounge particularly in summer with the foliage and blossom.

It is carpeted and curtained throughout and ready to move in without any effort."
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• pinkladyof66
    pinkladyof66 Posts: 1,829 Forumite
    Slinky wrote: »
    Have you read the property description? I honestly can't believe they are talking about the same house as the pictures I'm looking at!

"It has been newly redecorated and is in good order throughout.

There is a bathroom upstairs with modern white suite with shower and a downstairs toilet in the laundry room.

There are useful built in cupboards in 2 of the bedrooms and a large airing cupboard on the landing.

The gardens front and rear are mainly lawned with mature trees which gives a very attractive outlook from the lounge particularly in summer with the foliage and blossom.

It is carpeted and curtained throughout and ready to move in without any effort."

one word VILE :eek:

Make £200 by end of January... £20.42/£200
    Grocery Challenge £200 pm Jan £0/£200
    January no spend days - 1/31
  • tigsly
    tigsly Posts: 481 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    That write up is worthy of Cubitt and West..

Serioulsy - it does look like they've attached the wrong pictures- did the owners write teh blurb themselves - and do you think they believed it?!
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Slinky wrote: »

"As long as you have very low standards" :D
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Wilma33
    Wilma33 Posts: 681 Forumite
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family