Revealed: Tesco to offer Clubcard holders huge discounts on groceries and more in May - MSE News

Comments

• Conina
    Conina Posts: 393 Forumite
    Yes.

Not because of vegan foods (I'm neither vegetarian nor vegan) but even everyday foods which are popular where my family live 150-odd miles away can't be had in my local Tesco's. Now it's a large Tesco like where they live but they have a bigger variety of bread, rolls & cakes and a bigger variety of fresh meat and fish than I do plus lots more irritating niggles too like fruit & veg.

When I've asked before I was told that it depends on what sells and if there's not enough demand we don't get it.
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 27,949
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Tesco announce that in May price promotions will now only be available to those who are willing to share their personal data....
    I think....
  • eddddy
    eddddy Posts: 16,293
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    callum9999 wrote: »
    So it's exactly the same as the normal offers, but you have the scan a clubcard to get them? Wow, how exciting....

It looks like you just got handed a secret document and got overly excited as you thought you can play at being real journalists!

Tesco's marketing team must be ecstatic about all the free advertising this is getting. For example:

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2019/04/tesco-offer-50-discounts-clubcard-holders-amid-100th-birthday/
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/tesco-clubcard-holders-get-50-14750521
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tesco-clubcard-holders-get-50-per-cent-off-in-may-3221177#comment-37542009

I'd strongly suspect that it was Tesco's marketing team that arranged for this to be 'leaked' to MSE... and will be very pleased that it's gone viral.

I suspect there's a lot of 'high-fiving' and self-congratulation going on at Tesco.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    eddddy wrote: »
    I suspect there's a lot of 'high-fiving' and self-congratulation going on at Tesco.
    Only on their marketing! A bit of honesty wouldn't go amiss.

Customers understand when they are being treated like mugs.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I was in my local Tesco Extra store this morning, asked about this at CSD - not heard anything, spoke to a T/L there too - no not heard anything - thought it was a scam.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    You can be pretty sure of two things:

1 Many, if not all, of the 'reductions' will involve an element of trickery, Tesco-style.

2 Aldi and Lidl prices for essentially the same products will still be lower.
  • Bacman
    Bacman Posts: 537
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Lie to me once, fool is me; lie to me twice, fool is you.

or... Once bitten twice shy.

False price advertising will only backfire on those doing it and of any trying to misled customers. So no, it isn't "brilliant marketing" as if an empty promise is what is on offer people vote with their feet.
  • A._Badger
    A._Badger Posts: 5,848
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I can only agree with the previous two posters. 'Fool me once' is exactly how I feel about Tesco, too. I can't imagine what it would take to tempt me back to playing the weekly round of 'OK, so what are they up to this week?
  • Conina
    Conina Posts: 393 Forumite
    A._Badger wrote: »
    I can only agree with the previous two posters. 'Fool me once' is exactly how I feel about Tesco, too. I can't imagine what it would take to tempt me back to playing the weekly round of 'OK, so what are they up to this week?
    Me too.
    On the odd time I do go it's to buy what I can't get at Aldi/Lidl and because I have no vouchers for Sainsburys.
    From using Tesco monthly or more some years ago I now only use Tesco a few times a year and usually only when they too give me an incentive.
    In other words decent money off a spend vouchers, because I do tend to ignore the high spend requirement ones.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,858
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    Shame its only inshore and not for online orders :(

Hello Mrs XXXXXX,

Last week, we told you about the launch of Clubcard Prices. It’s one of the things we’re doing to celebrate 100 years of great value at Tesco – and a special treat to thank you for being a Clubcard customer.

Clubcard Prices are great discounts that you can only get when you use your Clubcard. They’re available right now on a whole range of products.

To access the Clubcard Prices in-store, just download the app and scan it (or tap your card) at the till. If you shop online, the discounts will be taken off and will show on your final customer delivery note

Thanks again for shopping at Tesco – and for being a Clubcard customer.

Every little helps

Your Clubcard team
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure