Printable vouchers and coupons

janehobdy
janehobdy Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 29 May 2019 at 6:16PM in Supermarket coupons
HELP!! From January this year I can NO longer use printable coupons/vouchers off this site and a few others to help towards my shopping and stockpile as this is what i enjoy doing. Supermarkets told me I was not allowed to use them as they would not get their money back off the coupons from the manufactures. I am so frustrated about this matter as I recently watched Martin Lewis on TV and apparently coupons and vouchers printed are acceptable. I live in Wolverhampton, West Midlands United Kingdom. Has anyone else had this problem or found a problem up and down the U.K? As I am just wandering that I am not the only one as I am passionate about this matter. Please help if you can. Many thanks.:mad:

Comments

• Bougainvillea
    Bougainvillea Posts: 643 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    janehobdy wrote: »
    HELP!! From January this year I can NO longer use printable coupons/vouchers off this site and a few others to help towards my shopping and stockpile as this is what i enjoy doing. Supermarkets told me I was not allowed to use them as they would not get their money back off the coupons from the manufactures. I am so frustrated about this matter as I recently watched Martin Lewis on TV and apparently coupons and vouchers printed are acceptable. I live in Wolverhampton, West Midlands United Kingdom. Has anyone else had this problem or found a problem up and down the U.K? As I am just wandering that I am not the only one as I am passionate about this matter. Please help if you can. Many thanks.:mad:

Waitrose usually accept coupons if you are buying the product. Although more expensive generally, they have a lot of offers, so suggest check if their price is the same as other supermarkets. For other supermarkets, one coupon per shop may be accepted by the cashier if the barcode works. So split up shopping into 2 or 3 items per shop including one coupon. Self service tills tend to only accept the shop's own coupons.

Also cashback aps such as checkoutsmart, quidco, shopmium & greenjinn, give money back with receipts so coupons are not needed.

Hope this helps
  • jaymoe
    jaymoe Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I use to do this at Tesco about 5 years ago and it became popular to the point they stopped coupons unless you were buying the actual item. I was gutted as you could easily get a £75 shop down to about £20, people behind you in the queue weren't so happy though!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure