PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cheapest recipies.

Comments

• nunnygirl
    nunnygirl Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Depends on what I fancy

I make a 2 portion tuna sweetcorn pasta with SP tuna, SP sweetcorn (which lasts me another 2 meals), SP pasta quills, A$da's own mayo and a little diced onion. Costs me 30p a portion and I love it with lots of black pepper on top...mmmmm
    Sealed Pot Challenge Member 1216 -
    2011 Total - £526.62

2012 Total - £503.87
  • l21ynz
    l21ynz Posts: 133 Forumite
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of recipies, cheap to make but home made iykwim

Thank you :D
  • wendy+5
    wendy+5 Posts: 342 Forumite
    Hiya, if you look up to the top of the page you will see 'indexed collections'. Click there and scroll down and there are hundreds of recipes there.
  • l21ynz
    l21ynz Posts: 133 Forumite
    Thank you ;)
  • Morganmoo
    Morganmoo Posts: 103 Forumite
    This is my first post so forgive me if I have posted in the wrong place!

Basically I wanted to know if anyone had any ideas on cheap family recipes, that I can make from scratch that will hopefully save me money on my shopping bill each week. Food prices are so expensive at the moment, I can't afford what I would consider my normal shop, so any help will be gratefully received!

Thanking everyone/anyone in advance:j
  • stefejb
    stefejb Posts: 1,725 Forumite
    our cheapest is fridge debris or freezer gubbins soup. The former is made from all the nasties in the bottom of the veg drawer at the end of the week - just bung in the Sc with a stock cube. The latter is a tuperware in my fridge where all veggie leftovers go - it's amazing how that little spoonful of something left in the pan after the meal mounts up. Again bung in SC and pad out with beans or lentils if there's not enough. Once it's all cooked to beggary and whizzed to unidentifiableness it ussually turns into something quite nice. This is stuff I used to chuck so, apart from the leccie for the SC, I regard it as free food
    I'm going to feed our children non-organic food and with the money saved take them to the zoo - half man half biscuit 2008
  • Morganmoo
    Morganmoo Posts: 103 Forumite
    Hi pink - winged
    Thanks for your help on the cheap recipes, some great threads to get me started, appreciate your help, you have been lovely I was feeling a little lost!
    Morganmoo:D
  • poppyjay
    poppyjay Posts: 460 Forumite
    hi all does anyone have any ideas to help me please.we have just moved house and cupborads are bare i dont get paid till tomorrow and need to find something nice to have for tea for three of us for £2 or under we have no big shops near us just a little co op thank you for any help
  • mossstar
    mossstar Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Do you have all your cooking equipment/cooker etc?

If so frittata - slice enough potatoes to cover a big roasting pan, slice an onion or two and roast in the oven (with balsamic and olive oil if you had it, but don't worry if not). When they're soft (about 20 mins) bung them in your biggest frying pan and pour over six beaten eggs (70p ish?) cook until.... cooked! he he... turn out onto a plate and slice like a cake, should be about 3 inches thick and it's very filling (and very cheap!) serve with something v. cheap like beans or peas or something.

Good luck!
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi poppyjay,

Congratulations on your new home! My first thought was omelettes because they're not only cheap but quick to make if you're up to your eyes sorting things out.

There are lots of ideas on these earler threads that might give you some inspiration:

Cheapest recipes???

Meal for two for 50p. Suggestions?

The Cheapest Healthy Meal Ever!

Feed 6 for £1.62

Cheapest meal

Your Cheapest Evening Meal.

cheap, easy family meals

Show Jamie How To Cook On A Budget Champagne Contest

Meal idea's under £1

I'll add your thread to the most recent one later.

Pink
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport