Best value claims company?

I really dont have time to go back through a myriad of accounts to find what has PPI and what doesnt.

Are any of these claims companies worth it? I understand that some of them will also search for unfair bank charges, punitive interest etc

Recommendations on who should I go to?

Comments

• You do realise that you are opening yourself up to so many replies on this?

As has been pointed out, many hundreds of times.....absolutely NONE of these companies are worthwhile! Oh and you risk having your details shared where you probably don't want them shared.

They will ask you for details of providers where you think you MAY have had PPI and ask you to sign a form for each one. They will then either add a second class stamp to the form ( Which you can do ) or send your name on a spreadsheet to the firms.

Please...if you need to enquire, print off a standard template, buy a book of second class stamps and send them yourself. You will probably be done in less than an hour and you will save yourself 20% plus VAT of any amount awarded
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    "Unfair" bank charges have not been recoverable since the 2009 court case.

No one here will post recommendations of Claim Management Companies, since they charge for the use of a free complaint process. They do not (and cannot) do any "research", they rely solely on information their customers provide.
  • Newnoel
    Newnoel Posts: 378 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Does anyone have any constructive answers?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Yes. Don't use a claims company as it lowers your chances of success, as well as costing you money.

Just send your complaints direct. It's much quicker than giving all the information to a third party and hoping they copy it down correctly.
  • Newnoel wrote: »

Please see posts above. In the time it has taken you to search, post, view and comment on the answers here, you could have sent the enquiries off yourself.

If however you wish to completely waste 20% plus VAT of anything that you MAY receive for a valid complaint, then just Google. The fee is capped for all these [STRIKE]thinly disguised marketing companies[/STRIKE] CMC's now so they will all do the same very small amount of work on [STRIKE]their[/STRIKE] your behalf.
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,809 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Newnoel wrote: »

Yes

Claims firms make you less likely to succeed, make you do all the work yourself and just post your complaint off and in the end take a cut of your refund for doing nothing. Your finance data is not in the public domain so there is no way for a claims firm to find it out without you telling them
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    How many constructive answers do you want :huh:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    If by that, you mean the spam recommendations your thread invited you aren't going to get any I'm afraid.
    The overwhelming position here is that you should not use a Claims Company. Many many will constructively attend that the complaint process is simple and free and many many others constructively rue the day they realised they had to pay thousands of pounds for a stamp.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure