Comments

• edgex
    edgex Posts: 4,177
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    hmmm, couldnt they just extend the rule that applies to finance adverts:
    the advertised rate/price must be available to the majority of customers

or even simpler:
    the advertised price must include all costs & charges, like it does in a shop
  • Cardew wrote: »
    Well of course Pre-paid Mastercards are easy enough to obtain.

However when enough of their customers get these Mastercards they will cancel that arrangement and you will need to pay with a card issued by the First National Bank of Kabul(no postal/on-line applications -apply in Branch)

It could be worth the trip to the First National Bank of Kabul. Look out for a cheap flight to Kabul on Taleban Air. It'll probably land in Helmand but it's an easy camel ride from there if you take the route avoiding the landmines.
  • There should just be restrictions with Ryanair about moving goalposts. I prefer to fly with Ryan air as long as i haven't got caught out with charges!
  • Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Michael O'Leary makes it clear enough that anybody who wants to do business with him has to do it on his terms, not theirs. As long as it's legal, that policy is fine.

Don't like the policy? Fly someone else.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Michael O'Leary makes it clear enough that anybody who wants to do business with him has to do it on his terms, not theirs. As long as it's legal, that policy is fine.

Don't like the policy? Fly someone else.

This is the problem. Sites such as this ("consumer revenge") make people believe that they should have it all on their terms. The problem is that many complaints are from people who can't afford to fly anyone else, yet feel that they should be allowed to have it exactly their way with Ryanair, refusing to accept that Ryanair's business model relies on customers accepting that it's their way or the highway.
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
    books are lying on the floor.
    The books are sitting just there on the floor.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    This is the problem. Sites such as this ("consumer revenge") make people believe that they should have it all on their terms. The problem is that many complaints are from people who can't afford to fly anyone else, yet feel that they should be allowed to have it exactly their way with Ryanair, refusing to accept that Ryanair's business model relies on customers accepting that it's their way or the highway.

Surely the issue is transparency of prices and charges.

There are regulations designed to allow Joe Public to see the total price of a ticket without having to go through the small print in detail to find out.

Ryanair are simply trying to make it as difficult as possible for their customers to find out prices.
  • The charges are listed in a clear manner on their website. If someone can't make sense of a table of charges, there's no hope for them!

Do people really need their hand held when booking flights?
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
  • i might fly with ryanair one day just as an experiment to see if i can get a flight for next to nothing
    things arent the way they were before, you wouldnt even recognise me anymore- not that you knew me back then ;)
    BH is my best mate too, its ok :)

I trust BH even if he's from Manchester.. ;)

all your base are belong to us :eek:
  • i might fly with ryanair one day just as an experiment to see if i can get a flight for next to nothing

You can.

Wait until they have one of the very regular sales, take only hand luggage that fits within the dimensions stated, check in online and print your boarding pass at home, and don't buy anything from Ryanair such as priority boarding, food, drink or insurance.

Very easy to fly for 0.01zl that way (or about a fifth of a penny)
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    What the OFT must realise is that passengers prefer Ryanair's model as it allows them to avoid costs, such as baggage charges, which are still included in the high fares of high cost, fuel surcharging, strike-threatened airlines such as BA

No we don't! Some of us have no choice because RyanAir have forced the opposition out of the local airports leaving ONLY RyanAir as a carrier option. Idiotic, unfair and highly doubvious sales tactics are nothing but another reason to loathe an airline with an extremely poor customer service, poor facilities and overpriced onboard animal feed pretending to be fit for human consumption.

This time to avoid being let down by RA AGAIN we chose to DRIVE for 17hours to get back rather than subject 2 adults and an infant to the hell that is travelling with them normally - let alone at Christmas. I'd pay double what they charge easily IF it was with a half decent carrier!

I hope Santa brought all their executives coal in their stockings this year!
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport