Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • terry.h
    • By terry.h 28th Sep 17, 10:02 AM
    • 37Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Employer Insolvent - Can't Pay Liquidator
    • #1
    • 28th Sep 17, 10:02 AM
    Employer Insolvent - Can't Pay Liquidator 28th Sep 17 at 10:02 AM
    The company I am working for is insolvent and we have had letters from the director stating this. The company is being placed into voluntary liquidation.

    Now, I know employees can claim through the government for pay owed, notice pay and redundancy but to do that you need a reference number from the insolvency practitioner.

    The problem is, the company has not yet been able to pay the insolvency practitioner to liquidate the company so it is not actually official.

    Is there any way to claim for money owed, as it's now been a month since we had a letter but it hasn't moved forward and I still have no reference number.
Page 1
    • lulu650
    • By lulu650 28th Sep 17, 4:24 PM
    • 883 Posts
    • 961 Thanks
    • #2
    • 28th Sep 17, 4:24 PM
    • #2
    • 28th Sep 17, 4:24 PM
    I would recommend that you speak to the insolvency service directly;

    If you haven't already, you also need to be signing on to claim for any benefits youíre eligible for (like Jobseekerís Allowance) as these payments will be deducted even if you donít claim them.
    Saving money right, left and centre
    • redmalc
    • By redmalc 1st Oct 17, 8:35 PM
    • 1,286 Posts
    • 480 Thanks
    • #3
    • 1st Oct 17, 8:35 PM
    • #3
    • 1st Oct 17, 8:35 PM
    Terry H,If the Director cannot afford the services of a Liquidator it could be a big problem for the Employees because it will need a creditor to enforce a winding up petition against the company,normally HMRC will do this but it could take two to three months before the company gets put into the hands of the Official Receiver
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,690Posts Today

9,554Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @samgio1997: So glad you talked about the importance of taking out holiday insurance on this morning as a few years ago my auntie's pare?

  • RT @mmhpi: "Two years ago, I was in the fortunate position to be able to found @mmhpi... I?m incredibly proud of the work the team there is?

  • It means you should either have an annual policy in place, or book a specific single trip policy when you book

  • Follow Martin