Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    This new system of car tax is a government scam - not only do you pay for a full month even if you only buy a car a few days before the end of a month, they also only refund you full months on existing cars from the date that they receive the update, not the date of the sale, so a few days the other way and you lose a month there too. The government are winning at both ends.

As there is no physical tax disc to print, it could very easily be processed pro-rata for the date of either transaction, whether starting or stopping, without any technical issue at all.

Rant over!

Anon
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Anon wrote: »
    Have H4lifax changed how they define different DDs to meet the reward t&cs? In the past 2 to T3sco bank were fine. I now have 2 to PO Savings and meet the deposit requirements but no rewards showing?

Thanks

Anon
    Not that I'm aware of Anon - I used to do the 2 x tesco savings, but now do Hali cc & nationwide cc and every thing is ok.
    I am, however, going to switch to M&S
  • pippo
    michaels wrote: »
    I have been remiss with getting 2 DDs on these accounts but have tried for this month using the remaining saving account with multiple DD draw in settign up one form my account and one from DWs so I will be able to let you know at the start of September.

I had a shock when I last logged into lloyds when I saw a large positive balance...for some reason my Scottish Widows pension fund has now turned up in in my lloyds online banking....

My DKs hfax savings accounts have turned up on my DWs online banking with transactions enabled even though I am the nominee. I wonder if I need compensating for this failure to protect mine and their interests by ensuring that only the correct person can withdraw funds....

Oh Michaels, think you grounds for compen there, just tell them you don't trust your DW with money!! :rotfl:
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Anon wrote: »
    This new system of car tax is a government scam - not only do you pay for a full month even if you only buy a car a few days before the end of a month, they also only refund you full months on existing cars from the date that they receive the update, not the date of the sale, so a few days the other way and you lose a month there too. The government are winning at both ends.

As there is no physical tax disc to print, it could very easily be processed pro-rata for the date of either transaction, whether starting or stopping, without any technical issue at all.

Rant over!

Anon
    that always been the case hasnt it?
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Afternoon all :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • zippydooda wrote: »

I thought that too. I thought the main change was that it was not transferable.

I agree though that they should find a way of changing it so they can run it from a specific date rather than the old start of the month thing.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • pippo
    Sorry, it's me again!

Had a good trip to town
    Started with free coffee and cake at John L's,

Favourite clothes shop in Grainger Market had 50% sale, so bought 2 linen tunics/dresses for the price of one.

Deposited the cheque from an under payment from Friends provident 5+ years ago.

Waities shop - with the combination of RTCs, £6 off wys £30, and 3 4£10 I managed to get a £52 shop down to £22.31. (i know mhoc would do better .. lol)

In that shop I now have 8 x meals for 2 (may need a little veg or store cupboard stuff adding) so I am a very happy pip!:j
    Obviously 'bought' another coffee in that for my bus trip home.

Only extravagance was special cheese for the lovely shop in the market

When I got home and opened the post what do I find? another set of 4 £6 off when you spend £30 for waites!!
    I'm going to have to go twice a week to use them up!!
  • pippo
    bubbs wrote: »
    Afternoon all :D

Hi Bubbs, how you doing?
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    zippydooda wrote: »
    I thought that too. I thought the main change was that it was not transferable.

Yep, but you it was give and take with you being able to buy a car with tax left on it.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,945 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Tosco soft fruit labelled £2 each, 2 for £3 not going through at till, double the difference from CS.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure