No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries April 2018

Options

Comments

• VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    OK the only items left on my PP list are my Bumble & Bumble straightening cream and Liz Earle Skin Repair.

So will add :-

John Frida conditioner
    L'Occitane Pamplemousse Rhubarb shower gel (50 ml)
    BM Intense Serum Sample size
    Flora Mare Illuminatimg eye cream
    Original Nail Envy
    L'Occitane Cherry Blossom hand cream
    Lush Dirty shave cream
    Lush Mask of Magnaminty.

Last night I TA a bottle of Pink Nail Envy. Consistency had changed too much.

Today I UUed the bottle of Banana Boat Aloe Vera gel we took away with us. WDBA.

The top two items are UU. I came home from work yesterday feeling rotten and have seen GP today. I have a skin infection on my face from a scratched insect bite I got on holiday. He's prescribed antibiotic. Anyway, feeling sorry for myself yesterday I ran a bath and used the last of the L'Occitane shower gel. WNBA (not sure I can as Ii was old).

Had a shower just now and finished the conditioner. Need a new one.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One UU from last night:

Noreva Sensidiane Micellar Milk Cleanser 500ml WDBA but not right now as I have plenty of cleansers to work through.This was a lovely gentle cleanser :)

And one UU from this morning:

Oskia Nutri-Active Day Cream sample 2ml WPNB. This was nice and fluid and moisturising. But I won't buy it as the scent is a bit weird for me.
  • sstevo19
    Options
    A few INs today:

La Roche Posay Hydreane Legere Moisturiser 40ml
    Tigi Bed Head Dumb Blonde Purple Toning Shampoo 400ml
    DHC Facial Scrub sample
    DHC Rich Moisture Facial Moisturiser sample
    DHC Extra Nighttime Moisture Facial Moisturiser sample

My Escentual order arrived today and they included a DHC sample card with my order. There was also a sample of the Velvet Skin Coat but I don't wear makeup so I have no need for a primer. I will probably use the samples up in the next few days though.
  • catherinekate
    Options
    I'm in for April - thanks sstevo. Good luck everyone . . .

asajj - I love looking at the I Heart range - they're almost prettier than the Too Faced blushers that I assume they're meant to be copies of. However I must not buy any more blusher.

Necessary Ins would be deodorant and maybe some 2-in-1 shampoo & conditioner, if I can find one that isn't too utilitarian.

UUs: Sanctuary spray oil - LHJ, kept forgetting to use it. Last of a big gift set that I regret buying even thought it was a bargain at the time.
    Macleans toothpaste, HG
    H&M eyebrow powder - I've had this since 2012 and it was perfect. Sad to see it go. Replaced with Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade, bought in about 2014, which may have died in storage.
  • sstevo19
    Options
    Two UUS this evening:

DHC Facial Scrub sample WNB. I don't like face scrubs. Used as a hand scrub.

DHC Extra Nighttime Moisture Facial Moisturiser sample WPNB. This was nice but a bit too rich for me.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Options
    I picked up 4 copies of Marie Clare with the 15ml tubes of Elemis PCMC. Stash replenished a little.

I need to order my Elemis Cleanser too.

My rash is clearing a little. Not tingling anymore so antibiotics are working. Applied Chikds Play lotion yesterday and it helped a little with the dryness. Am hopeful it will start clearing soon.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have some uu

Soap & Glory The Scrub of your Life - WNB, DD got a large S&G gift set for her birthday, she used everything in it a bit but they've all come to me to finish off, this wasn't scrubby and totally pointless to me.

Bio Oil 60ml - this is nice but I would prefer something more natural so WNBA.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • sunny_money
    sunny_money Posts: 361 Forumite
    Options
    UU
    Icelandic mineral intensive cream 30ml

IN
    Loccitane Aqua sample x2 freebies (will save for travel/summer)
  • sstevo19
    Options
    One UU this morning:

DHC Rich Moisture Facial Moisturiser sample WMBA. This was nice and light but moisturising at the same time. I might purchase a full size to test in the future.
  • London_baby
    London_baby Posts: 436 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    UUs:

Me to you body lotion: WNB, part of a Xmas gift many years ago. Re-used as hand cream in the home.

Superdrug baby wipes WMBA, nothing special but cheap.

Ins: Bottle of castor oil, which was going to be thrown away. Will use on my hair as a hot treatment oil.

African braid sheen spray

Mum roll-on anti-perspirant Should not have bought this but I forgot I had a crystal rock in my draw, which I was going to use after my current deodorant finishes.

Acca Kappa Green mandarin body lotion Hotel sample from a recent conference which I will use a handcream.

Waitrose fragrance free baby wipes

Resisted temptation to buy from Superdrug so quite pleased with myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure