In the nick of time

Comments

• thank you Cath

today's mother visit was overtaken by the dreadfulness of cold caller builders. They knew mothers phone number and address and planned to price up work on the rear wall of the house today. This backs onto a car park. Although her memory is terrible, she remembered part of the tale, and let my BIG brothers know, also told me half a tale on our visit. My brothers met them this afternoon and told them they were not needed and would never be due to family contacts.

We feel scared for her, her security being compromised by usurpers. She may not remember this in a day or two, .... unfortunately. Shoddy ethics of awful businesses... there is nothing wrong with her house at all. Rip of britain show came to mind :(

We were trying to hammer home today ... do not open the door to strangers... but we also do not want her to feel uncomfortable in her own home
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Another overtime shift today. Last one I think. I need next weeks days off, or rather our daughters need me to have next weeks days off, one day to babysit and the other to collect DD2 from uni for a week :D

DD2 has a trial shift in a restaurant tomorrow. Thrilled she's actually looked for work :D

Pay day is another week away. I really would like to reach it without spending if possible. My salary will be a lot less than normal due to no OT or enhanced pay.

OP's so far this month are £577.28. We are expecting in another £360 from both rooms, so a bumper month if lodger coughs up all he owes.

Not sure if upstairs wants to stay after the first week in November. I think i'll email him to clarify so I can open up November's bnb calendar.
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Fingers crossed for room money to come through and for DDs job trial.

Great OPs so far this month, even before the room money :T
  • ETE, half there ,lodger is only a week in arrears... but by Friday It will be 2 again, not too bad , us us grown ups know how easy it is to get into debt... He's a daft lad who is easily swayed by anyone who'll be nice to him, but sometimes comes across as a.bit needy.

Another short notice booking for tonight. We had to rush home to put the laundry on. With back to back bookings and working the weekend we thought we had got a night off. Strange things is the guy who booked lives in our town!! Will mention it on arrival and see what the answer is. Strange really... we are very comfortable with complete strangers but worry about a local.

Last nights guests from Denmark flew over for football. The team won so they were happy, but young boy left his ipad behind... so will be looking at P&P for that tomorrow.

Only had today off work .2 more long days then I'm off for 3 days. :T:T:T

DD1 is on her way with the little one, to make Halloween her costume.. could be good or bad

DD2 got her restaurant job in uni town :T:T:T thrilled for her... it all seems to be coming together in time for her to come home next week ;)
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,893
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Perhaps the local guest has had an argument with his partner and needs some space!
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • My thoughts exactly.... NG..... and we are right :(
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,893
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Blimey that's drastic :eek:
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hi Moneyfordreams.I have just spent the last three hours reading your diary from the beginning :eek:.What a ride!

Well done on the Airbnb success,and the overpayments-such a great effort.I would love to tag along on this journey of yours,if that is ok.

I am suddenly feeling motivated to open lots of different bank accounts: do you have seperate accounts for bills,savings,emergency funds,holidays etc?

I am looking forward to following your diary.Good luck with everything-you are working so hard keeping all the balls in the air :A.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• I do not do cars, only by bus.
  • Hi saver-upper , thank you for joining me ... Welcome :) :T

I did have different bank accounts, my CB always went into a old account it was difficult to get access to. So xmas and summer were always looked after separately. This year though my CB has ended and we have new challenges. :(

I did keep my entertainment fund, car fund, and holiday accounts, cash isa and household bills separately. This year I've changed things a bit. do to poor ISA performance and tax free interest on savings allowance. Due to better current accounts with linked higher interest savings accounts I put more cash together. Not huge amounts though. most of spare money goes to mortgage.

I still have non interest FD current (for mortgage change next year) but I keep very little cash there, did get transfer cash :D. I love my T$B currently 5%interest (until january) linked savings account of 5%, and 5% cashback on contactless up to £30 pcm of 5%. I do find that with the balance increasing I'm reluctant to spend. :) I get around £15 per month currently, I got £8 last year from my isa!!

I do try to remember car august and January.. for MOT and service

I could take more control of spending, having a regular cash flow is tempting to treat ourselves a little too much. But just when I think spending is over I can think of more things to buy !!

I am sensible with shopping, we eat simply but well, my OH doesn't like steak :D I only buy special offer or cheaper stuff :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback