Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue

Comments

• i have just left british gas to join this company for my boiler service, think i made a big mistake, i havent had anything in writing sent to me and i have been with them for 2 weeks, i had a phone call from them asking me if i leave 5 star feedback on trust pilot for them they will give me my first month for free, i need to look into cancelling contract with them now and going back to british gas, stupid me, perhaps the price comparison websites need to do their research before they advertise these companys.
  • 247homerescue
    247homerescue Posts: 128 Organisation Representative
    mikep72 wrote: »
    Absolute thieves mate. Need to take them to the small claims court. I can't believe people are signing up for these still. Ignore all of the replies from them on here because they don't get back to you. It's all PR. I have had several comments removed on Facebook.
    I wish they spent more time on customer services and fixing boilers than someone removing comments on Facebook at 10pm.
    9 days without heating and incompetent engineers. Look at the small print etc... I have not seen anyone who has had a repair done without having to pay for parts.
    The only positive reviews i have seen are for new customers who have had a service or the quality of their website. Please feel free to reply to this 24/7 Home Rescue because i have emailed yourselves 4 times now as requested with no reply.

Hi Mike, could you please let me know your reference number so that i can look into why you haven't received an e-mail acknowledging your complaint.

Regards
    Lauren 24|7 Home Rescue
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
    We are verified representatives of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for us to post in response to queries about the company so that we can help solve issues. You can see our name on the Verified Companies list. We are not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe we are, please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of the company or its products by MSE.
  • 247homerescue
    sanjay202 wrote: »
    Called them yesterday (Wednesday) for boiler breakdown. -6 degrees outside newborn baby inside. Received a phone call few hours later to say no one can get to us until (possibly) Friday. Found a local plumber and fixed the problem last night. WHAT A COMPLETE AND UTTER WASTE OF MY PREMIUM. They outsource and get engineers if/when they can. Disgusting service. 24/7 home rescue!

Easy to use website etc etc... but wait till you have to make a claim. Also i read on TRUSTPILOT many policies cancelled when you make a claim. THIS IS A CON.

Luckily we found a local gas engineer who came out within few hours sorted it and cost us less than half the excess 24/7 were charging.

This is at the foot of their complaints procedure so no recourse to an ombudsman. THEY ARE NOT REGULATED.

"The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulate businesses that deal with contracts of insurance. 24|7 Home Assist Limited are not regulated as we do not offer contracts of insurance and therefore complaints are not investigated by the Financial Ombudsman Service."

Hi Sanjay.

Unfortunately due to the adverse weather conditions we had a very high volume of calls and you would have been offered the first available appointment. In regards to outsourcing our engineers, we only do this when absolutely necessary.

Regards
    24|7 Home Rescue
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
    We are verified representatives of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for us to post in response to queries about the company so that we can help solve issues. You can see our name on the Verified Companies list. We are not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe we are, please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of the company or its products by MSE.
  • 247homerescue
    i have just left british gas to join this company for my boiler service, think i made a big mistake, i havent had anything in writing sent to me and i have been with them for 2 weeks, i had a phone call from them asking me if i leave 5 star feedback on trust pilot for them they will give me my first month for free, i need to look into cancelling contract with them now and going back to british gas, stupid me, perhaps the price comparison websites need to do their research before they advertise these companys.

Hi

Could you please let me know your reference number and then i can get your policy documents sent out to you via e-mail and through the post.

Regards
    Lauren 24|7 Home Rescue
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
  • mikep72
    mikep72 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Mike, could you please let me know your reference number so that i can look into why you haven't received an e-mail acknowledging your complaint.

Regards
    Lauren 24|7 Home Rescue
    I have already posted my reference number on this forum and someone said they were going to get back to me as well as on Trustpilot. I have also emailed yourselves 4 times (to 2 different email addresses) without acknowledgement. I even messaged someone through Facebook and surprise surprise they haven't got back to me.
    It's been 10 days since i made my first complaint and no progress at all. Please don't come on here and pretend that you care as i am getting nowhere. My reference number (again) is GC0126964
  • Hi
    Bit of a Newbie to posting on MSE - so please excuse any faux pas

I too have experienced shocking lack of service by this company - and won't bore you all with the details. What i want to do now is get them reported and dealt with. Hopefully with primary aim of exposing them for the sham company they are, prevent others from their dodgy dealings and just maybe re-coup some of my money too.
    I posted on Trust pilot and moderated to adjust some of my 'accusatory language'
    Amazing, how as another poster here has highlighted their legal team is well organised - shame they don't take the same approach with their customer service.
    I have contacted my local trading standards who were as much good as a chocolate tea pot. I maintain this Co are obtaining money under false presences, illegally trading and in breach of contract - as i never received a terms of contract from them - apparently available via their ' customer portal' - which doesn't display anything meaningful
    I too fell foul of the 'beyond economical repair' scam - and directed to the boiler manufacturer for a £220 repair hmmm
    So if anyone can direct me to an industry ombudsman etc i would be most obliged - to take mine (and others) complaints further
    Cheers
  • 247homerescue
    mikep72 wrote: »
    I have already posted my reference number on this forum and someone said they were going to get back to me as well as on Trustpilot. I have also emailed yourselves 4 times (to 2 different email addresses) without acknowledgement. I even messaged someone through Facebook and surprise surprise they haven't got back to me.
    It's been 10 days since i made my first complaint and no progress at all. Please don't come on here and pretend that you care as i am getting nowhere. My reference number (again) is GC0126964

Good morning Mike

I apologise if there has been a delay in somebody picking up your complaint. I have highlighted to a member of our complaints team who is going to get this looked into as a matter of urgency. He will be in touch with you shortly.

Regards
    Lauren 24|7 Home Rescue
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
  • 247homerescue
    Hi
    Bit of a Newbie to posting on MSE - so please excuse any faux pas

I too have experienced shocking lack of service by this company - and won't bore you all with the details. What i want to do now is get them reported and dealt with. Hopefully with primary aim of exposing them for the sham company they are, prevent others from their dodgy dealings and just maybe re-coup some of my money too.
    I posted on Trust pilot and moderated to adjust some of my 'accusatory language'
    Amazing, how as another poster here has highlighted their legal team is well organised - shame they don't take the same approach with their customer service.
    I have contacted my local trading standards who were as much good as a chocolate tea pot. I maintain this Co are obtaining money under false presences, illegally trading and in breach of contract - as i never received a terms of contract from them - apparently available via their ' customer portal' - which doesn't display anything meaningful
    I too fell foul of the 'beyond economical repair' scam - and directed to the boiler manufacturer for a £220 repair hmmm
    So if anyone can direct me to an industry ombudsman etc i would be most obliged - to take mine (and others) complaints further
    Cheers

Good afternoon

Could you please supply me with a reference number so that i am able to have a look into your account.

In regards to the terms and conditions, they can be easily found on the internet by typing in to google '24/7 home rescue terms and conditions' or as you have stated they can be found in your customer portal.
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
  • 247homerescue
    PhilipV6 wrote: »
    247 home "rescue" in a national newspaper for not taking care of their customer....
    I was lucky to be a bit savvy and realised been duped into a useless cover contract.

This guy was an older gentleman and he is lucky not to be dead at home. just awful!!
    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjKvfbMq9rZAhVBDcAKHeRVCC8QFgg5MAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mirror.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fuk-news%2Felderly-man-72-left-without-12110032&usg=AOvVaw1QvJkWJj-VrTzoaPTe1VE3

I set out response of company which was printed in the article referred to.

At 247 we have a clear and transparent vulnerability policy, we prioritise persons in society such as elderly, disabled, single mothers etc in terms of claims management. In this instance the customers claim was prioritised and an engineer was sent to repair the fault within 24 hours during a very busy period, the engineer diagnosed further work which was immediately authorised by the company at which point the customers son chose not to deal directly with 247 but engage an independent repair.

247 attempted on numerous occasions to contact the customer but was advised on the first occasion that their help was not required as an independent repair had been sourced. Despite this the company continued to try and assist but their calls were rejected by the customer. As a last resort 247 instructed the boiler manufacturers to effect the repair on their behalf who also reported back that their services had been rejected by the customer.

247 rejects any assertion that they have failed in their duty of care in relation to the customer concerned and relies up on sequence of events that it went above and beyond their contractual obligations to assist this customer.

Regards
    Lauren 24|7 Home Rescue
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
  • mikep72
    mikep72 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good morning Mike

I apologise if there has been a delay in somebody picking up your complaint. I have highlighted to a member of our complaints team who is going to get this looked into as a matter of urgency. He will be in touch with you shortly.

Regards
    Lauren 24|7 Home Rescue

Ok. Thanks for an actual acknowledgement. I wait with bated breath.........
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback