Stash Busting 2018 - I WILL use my mountains of craft stash before buying more!

Comments

• vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    You put me to shame nimbo.I am useless if I don't have enough sleep.Short tempered and just feel ill.I can't nap ,it makes me feel worse.

I have finished off another 7 items for the craft fair,I feel like I cheated for the target numbers as they were very quick,simple makes and not using much up either.All I have to do now is repair a patchwork cushion which I have been given for the stall! and put some whiskers on a knitted cat.

Friend of friend has just been round to discuss the quilt.Steered her into a simple pattern and chosen material online.

I was offered pears today to make chutney.I said no!!!!!!!!!!! I have enough to do and we don't even eat chutney.In the past I would have said yes then have to buy loads more ingredients and give the stuff away at the end.I am learning.I must say no more often.
     :
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I personally don’t eat chutney - but my partner does and this one is a fave of his mother’s. I do plan to make some jam and also some fruit gin as I do eat / drink these. He at times says yes to fruit and then is goes to waste - so he is trying to get better with this. Mostly now we freeze and make into booze as that’s always a Sure fire winner.

My niece is a fiend for the jams - we may have to get her involved in the making of some as she does like to cook.

The only issue is all the dishes are washed but the kitchen smells of vinegar - I couldn’t open the door as the rain was ridiculous.

It isnt cheating if it’s a small thing to finish. I’ve counted tidying and reorganising my craft room to make it more usable. You can always extend your target if you want to - or not as the case may be.

Aaaarrrrgfgghhh.

I have been trying to make a padded pin board. It has lace and buttons to hold it all in place. I have tried to cover the back with wall paper.

The back was so textured the wall paper wouldn’t stick using pva. I have sewn two of my front buttons in the wrong place and decided - meh. If can stay that way.

The fabric I was using up could have done with being an inch wider.

I’m probably just over half way there. And so far I have nearly thrown it out the window about six times. Haha.

I have decided the rest of the hammering of furniture tacs can wait until tomorrow as I have a banging headache and I don’t want to upset the neighbours.

It WILL be finished tomorrow. Yay.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • nimbo
    Today I have taken 3 bags to the charity shop. There has been a massive clear out. Woo hoo. (Two have been waiting to go for weeks).

I have also finished the pin board. It’s currently sat with pva drying on the back to prevent fraying. (I couldn’t find any fabric glue - I must have used it...)

223 / 500.

Not exactly big jobs but I can hang it tomorrow. I also need to put up other pictures on the craft room. I had to move them when a cupboard was moved.

Whoop whoop. I am hoping to get lots down tomorrow. Haha.

I hope you have all been busy and productive.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
  • vulpix
    Today is the craft Fair.Never done one before,gulp.The remains will go to a charity which sends goods to Chernobyl.

Tomorrow my DD1 and I will do a car boot sale.I may be streamlined one day,especially as there may be a house move on the cards for us.
     :
  • nimbo
    I hope you do really well at the craft fayre and car boot.

I have been doing housework today. I managed to miss a parcel delivery when hanging out washing so my partner is currently screaming and shouting about it in the dining room.

Next time I’ll leave his pants dirty. Haha.

Nothing crafty planned here. Just needing to try to get the housework bottomed.

Hope you’re alll busy and productive.

• vulpix
    Very annoying about delivery nimbo,I have had a card through the door whilst I have been sat in the living room!

Made £50 at the craft fair.Never done one before so don't know if that's good or bad.Must say I seemed busier than the other stalls.It wasn't very busy either.I have orders for 6 things too.

Went to the car boot,cancelled!!!!!!!!!!!! brought everything in and sorted it.Most has been in the shed and not seen the light of day for ages.Big bag sorted for someone local collecting for the homeless,coats n stuff.Already collected.3 bags for the charity shop.In the car.Some clothes and shoes swapped about between DD1,DD2 and myself.Quite a few things put on FB,several sold and some already collected.We will try another carboot in a couple of weeks time.Everything presently piled up in the porch.

Done a few handstitching jobs this afternoon and a bit of kntting.

I think I will make a new number to aim for.16 weeks to Christmas so 16 it is.

0/16
     :
  • nimbo
    We managed to pick 1.5 lb of blackberries. These will be the vary last batch this year.

We also got 4.5 lb of sloes. My partner want to collect some form somewhere else to compare flavour.

I’m going to need to get some gone to set this all off. Woo hoo.

228 / 500

Counting each lb as one item. They took long enough to collect and cost nothing other than a few sandwich bags and a bit of petrol. We would have been going to walk there anyway.

• Just checking back in. I have finally cleared some of my craft room and have two very tidy desks. I didn't do much crafting over the summer but now I'm raring to go. I've made two cards which brings my total to 18/35 im really not sure I'm going to make my total this year. Time has just gone and it's nearly my favourite season. Am I allowed to say the c word yet. Off to read what you've all been up to x
    Comping for christmas x
    Thankyou to all posters:D
  • nimbo
    This is a safe space. And the c word is encouraged.

My partner hates that my family have already started planning Christmas. He also totally missed the fact that his mother had already tried to encourage us to go to his sisters. She lives over 100 miles away and we alternate which family we spend Christmas with.

I have started to plan my Christmas spirits and have been picking fruits already.

I hope you have all been busy and have been enjoying the sun. ��

• vulpix
    I started some elderflower vodka liqueur last June.Today I have taken posession of 2 huge shopping bags of apples from my brothers tree. I shall make things for the freezer from them and take some to the school I do voluntary work at to cook with the children.

I have Christmas more or less planned and quite a lot bought already.

I always make my Mum lots of different types of jam for Christmas.Have already made blackberry,Rhubarb and strawberry and strawberry.I will make some marmalade next.

I have now undone my knitting 3 times.2 times with the same mistake! Not noticed until hours of knitting later!

3 things made ordered at the craft fair.

3/16
     :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family