Easyjet legroom complaint

2»

Comments

• stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Cookiepops wrote: »
    Hi yes, on both flights out (row 12) and back (row 10), we were seated by emergency exits and had the safety talk by a member of the crew. We were also not allowed to have any bags on our laps or under the seats during take off and landing. I should add we specifically chose these rows and paid £25 each per way as they were advertised as extra legroom on the seat plan but with the caveat that we must be physically fit in order to remove the doors in an emergency.

The flights were:

Sat 15 Sep : EZY8253 leaving LGW 09:05 Landing Rome Fiumicino: 1240
    Weds 19 Sept: EZY8254 leaving Rome Fiumicino 13:25 Landing LGW 15:05

Well you must have had more leg room than knees touching the seats in front.

I'm 6'2" and have sat in overwing exit row seats on 737's, A319's and A320's and have never found them to be cramped.

How strange.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • Well if you had an emergency exit next to you, you were in the extra legroom seats, those rows have to have the extra space.

Not really much you can do now about this really.
  • stoneman wrote: »
    Well you must have had more leg room than knees touching the seats in front.

I'm 6'2" and have sat in overwing exit row seats on 737's, A319's and A320's and have never found them to be cramped.

How strange.

I don't know what else to say, I'm just under 6ft and my knees were touching the seat in front on the way out and my husband was struggling. But the way back was fine. Unless we shrunk on holiday, there was definitley a difference in the seat pitch on the way out to the way back. Im not going to follow it up because jusdging by the responses, they are still extra legroom rows we were sat in but the pitch is definitely different.
    :heart2: Cookiepops :heart2:
  • Beaker99
    Beaker99 Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Cookiepops wrote: »
    Hi yes, on both flights out (row 12) and back (row 10), we were seated by emergency exits and had the safety talk by a member of the crew. We were also not allowed to have any bags on our laps or under the seats during take off and landing. I should add we specifically chose these rows and paid £25 each per way as they were advertised as extra legroom on the seat plan but with the caveat that we must be physically fit in order to remove the doors in an emergency.

The flights were:

Sat 15 Sep : EZY8253 leaving LGW 09:05 Landing Rome Fiumicino: 1240
    Weds 19 Sept: EZY8254 leaving Rome Fiumicino 13:25 Landing LGW 15:05

Ezy8253 on 15th sept was an a320 (OE-IJO)
    ezy8254 on 19th was an A319 (G-EZBZ)
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    And you would get a warning that the aircraft had changed as you'd be flying with Easyjet Europe on the flight on OE-IJO. All part of their Brexit planning.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure