Help with Virgin Claim going to Court

Comments

• That's fine buddy. I'll tell them to write their response to me.

Regarding them not understanding whether the letter is an LBA.... I don't know what else I can do to get it through their thick heads. The letter heading font is around 48 in size and in capital letters: "LETTER BEFORE COURT CLAIM"
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Your only option really is to do what it says you will do. If they don't respond or the response isn't acceptable then issue a claim.
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Can I ask why you don't terminate the Virgin contract and move to another company that does a satisfactory install? Then, all you need is a quote from a builder to cut off the VM cable and make good.

It's a much more difficult job for a builder to try and improve VM's existing installation, and I can well understand that nobody will quote.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • Waamo - Sure. I'm just waiting to see if they'll reply and will update either way.

GDB2222 - Being honest, I've been with them for many years and although originally there was a service issue with the phone, this has been fixed and a credit was applied for the loss of services.
    I've otherwise had little or no issues and the main reason for staying with them is my need for the speed of their broadband, which the likes of BT or SKY can't match. It's really fast without any major slowdowns:

Capture.jpg

Also it's a bit late as I'm in a contract and if I try to leave, they'll slap all the charges on me, which I won't be able to afford to pay off.
  • Good morning. Hoping everyone is well.

I posted the letter on the 12th Sept to VM. The only replies I got from them was a bog-standard letter stating they would be in touch, a text message asking me to get in touch and when I contacted them they simply stated the same, that I get in touch with CISAS due to deadlock. Even though I explained the situation that CISAS have already advised they don't resolve damages and continuously asked them to write to me, they have NOT done this. I also now have an email from CISAS to state that they do not resolve issues with property damage.

Unfortunately, since they haven't replied in writing as I asked them to, I will have to go ahead with a court claim.

I'm hoping some kind soul could guide me now on how to make a claim against VM in small claims court.

What exactly do I need to do?

Thank you.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Money Claim Online ... Google it.
  • Thanks DoaM. I've now registered with MCO. It's asking for the organisation's address. I originally sent the complaint letter to their Complaint's address, However I have used their head office address which is showing on companies house:

Virgin Media Limited
    Media House
    Bartley Wood Business Park
    Hook
    RG27 9UP

Is this okay or should I be using their complaint address?

The next page then asks about something to do with interest...is this relevant to me?

Capture.jpg

Also lastly, I've registered today, but am I supposed to complete and pay for the claim on same day or can I take my time on it?

Thanks again
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Use the address at companies house. Interest is at 8% per annum but you haven't long been inconvenienced so it's probably not worth bothering with.

The last question I'm not sure of tbh I've only known people do them there and then. I would imagine it will tell you. As you are only putting a paragraph to say why you are claiming I can't see any point in not completing the form.
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'm pretty sure you can save progress and go back to it. But, they've updated the website, and I gather the new version has some issues.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • halifaxmortgage
    halifaxmortgage Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 12 October 2018 at 7:36PM
    Thanks guys for your help. I'll try to complete it today if I can, but apologies I'm really nervous as I don't know want to get it wrong.

For the short statement, as to what and why I'm claiming....so far, I've written the following:

"Virgin Media have damaged my property and garden as well as leaving lots of mess, whilst carrying out the replacement of outside black cable running from the VM exchange to our property. Instead of hiding the cable neatly, it's clearly still visible as it's been fed straight through the garden, approx cm deep. It's caused the soil to dry and crack and requires digging the ground and re-routing it. The old clean mortar was removed by VM installers and a very poor standard of mortar has been smeared in many areas such as the patio and gulley. They also left a whole load of mess of cable off-cuts, debris, rubble not just in my garden, but also the neighbour's as well as on the public highway. Some of the large decorative stones were also upturned and soil dug around them. I have been unsuccessful in getting builder quotes due to a large portion of the job involving the removal and re-routing of virgin media's cable as the reason they have given to me is that it's virgin media's property and they would not be able to touch it."

What do you think? Is it okay? Should I be mentioning the amount I'd like to claim and the issues with their customer services? How would you write it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure