Csa mistake help needed

Hi
Dont know if i am doing this right not very good with this stuff but here goes.
I have allways paid csa and i beleave that there should be something in place but i am now having a very big problem with the old csa. I have never had any arears up until last year when i started getting letters saying i owed £1500 in arears. When i questioned this they could not tell me were it had come from they said they would look into it again. Weeks later i get anouther letter stating they had got it wrong again and now i owed an extra £4500. Again i asked were this had come from and they have said that they are still shutting down the old sytem and going through old files and said in 2012 i sould of paid slghtly more than they were takeing from me. They said its there fault but i have to pay the £4500. How and is this legal ?
My point been if i charged somebody for a job in 2012 how could i then go bk nearly 7 years later and say i made a mistake back then i want anouther x amount of £££££ ??
Any help would be very appreaciated i just dont get how this can be legal or what to do also i have read if somebody has a debt older than 6 years it cannot be recoverd.
Thanks for any help in advance.

Comments

• pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Ringo123 wrote: »
    i have read if somebody has a debt older than 6 years it cannot be recoverd.

That does not apply to CSA cases. They are chasing some debts from the 1990s
  • But they are making it up i asked for proof and they sent me a statment showing they added £1500 debt in 1day onto my account showing no breakdowns. When i contested this they said tbey made a mistake again and it was now £4500 but have not supplied any proof or breakdowns on this sum at all. I have never not paid or missed payments. I also have paperwork stating in 2015 there was no arears when i started paying direct to her but they are saying its a mistake they made in 2012 and there is now a debt. And i have had a letter saying they are sorry and would like to give me £50 off ??????.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure