DLC -Advice Please

Hello,

This is my first post, apologies if it is in the wrong place.

To cut a very long story short, about 5 years ago I handed back a car that I had on finance to Mercedes and then they sent me a bill for damage and excess mileage which was around £5000. I started paying it back each month until one day I received a letter saying that my debt had transferred to a company called MYDLC which having looked on here might be linked to Hillesden Securities or something similar.
Well I’ve been paying them £80 each month since and I am now down to about £800 left I believe.
Last month I checked my bank account and noticed that the money hadn’t been taken. I went to the website to log into my account and the website is down and has been down ever since, I tried to call them but the phone number is now dead and when you google them it now says permantly closed.

What does that mean for me and my debt? Will it be taken over by someone else? Does anyone know anything about MYDLC and what might have happened to them?

Comments

• The DLC website is active, but the customer and payments portal (myDLC) is offline for maintenance...

It appears they are part of the Cabot group so maybe you will hear from them?

If was you, I would put your monthly payments that haven't been collected, into a savings account to stop you being tempted to spend the money :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Thank you. I just found it strange the suddenly they have stopped taking money from my account, the website to make payments has been down for 2 months and the phone number is disconnected.
    I may just cancel my direct debit and wait for someone to contact me. Would have been nice for some correspondence from them but nothing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure