Company Credit Card / Expense Account after discharge

Hi folks

I have another wee quandry...

As I am doing a bit of travelling for the company (with more in the pipeline...) my boss is considering giving me a company credit card to cover expenses, such as flights, accomodation, meals and other business travel expenses.

Boss knows that I am currently going thru Sequestration and that I was recently discharged with a further three years of DCO...

This will be, as I understand it, a business account operated by and for the company and I shall of course have to account for every spend made with receipts etc for everything each month. Which is not a problem, as it will only be used for work related expenses.

IF I am understanding things correctly, as I am discharged from my bankruptcy and therefore no longer under it's restrictions it is possible / OK for this to happen. My boss believes so and I may be worrying over nothing but thought I would put it out here for discussion...

At the moment all my travel bookings are made by my boss and I am given "pocket money" cash to cover the other essential expenses. Boss thought it would be best now I am discharged to "have me on the company account"...

So, thoughts???
BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
R.I.P. T.P.

Comments

• I'd ask AiB themselves as they will be the only people who could give you a definite answer
  • My son had my name on his credit card account during my B.R for emergencies. My trustee was fine with this.
  • Update - spoke with trustee and all is well :D

As it is a company card, not in my name, not personal credit and only for company expenses, all is OK
    Basically, as it is a company card, it is the company's account and therefore authorisation and control is up to the company and if they trust me with it that's all there is to it :D
    Trustee actually said that it is a good way of dealing with expenses as it saves mucking about with petty cash etc :D
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Great news!
    These threads are so useful to others going through this process.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure