Stop buying american products

Comments

• montyrebel
    montyrebel Posts: 646 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Keep buying American products so that British companies have to up their game and make better products.

Make Britain Great again
    mortui non mordent
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    GEDJARVIS wrote: »
    If you guys want to be dictated to then please do carry on BUYING American stuff, it's about standing up to the bully in the playground, over to you.

[FONT=&quot]Well, I understand this forum is money saving expert forum. So the main intention is to save people money and not politics. So, saving people own money should come first. Politics might be second or even the last one.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I bought this this 8TB External HDD with Hub from Amazon US. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HD6ZLQ6[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Moreover Seagate is also a US product. I bought Seagate (US product) and from Amazon US (not UK or EU) because I could not find any cheaper than this which could serve my needs.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Now I will need to get another 8TB External HDD. Could you find me alternative / substitute non-US product with the same or cheaper price. Not from Amazon US (e.g. In EU from instance?). If you could find a cheaper one I will be more than happy to buy it from them from UK or other countries.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As suggested your campaign might be more suitable if you wrote your own petition on Change.org.[/FONT]
  • This thread made me go out and buy an American made pocket knife! Thanks OP!
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    But I like Bourbon ;)

And that's going up by 20% on Friday due to EU and USA throwing their toys out of thier prams
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • robin58
    montyrebel wrote: »
    Keep buying American products so that British companies have to up their game and make better products.

Make Britain Great again

That boat has sailed mate.
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • robin58
    If you guys want to be dictated to then please do carry on BUYING American stuff, it's about standing up to the bully in the playground, over to you.

Please stop posting then as you are using American products.

Practice what you preach.
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • k12479
    k12479 Posts: 715 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    adindas wrote: »
    Do not use windows OS, use the one with lesser US influence such as Ubuntu, linux for your operating system.
    Do not buy Apple
    Do not use MS office, use open office,
    Do not use google
    Do not use Skype
    Do not use facebook
    Do not use Booking.com
    Do not use Whatsup.
    etc etc
    Meeh not for me then as I will keep buying and using these products.
    All of those companies are based in states that did not vote for Trump and where he has a low approval rating. So the OP wants to punish all Americans by indiscriminately punishing those that didn't vote for and who disapprove of their President.
  • robin58
    k12479 wrote: »
    All of those companies are based in states that did not vote for Trump and where he has a low approval rating. So the OP wants to punish all Americans by indiscriminately punishing those that didn't vote for and who disapprove of their President.

That's the trouble with a scatter gun approach. The main culprit walks away scott free whilst the innocents get hurt.

If you really want to hurt Trump, don't stay at his hotels.
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    We need to show the bully who currently runs America that we can make rules by NOT buying American products.
    We need backbone to bring him and America to to it's knees. Tell your friends and family to check what they buy and where possible not buy American products.

What about American media ? Are we not allowed to watch US films and TV series either ?

Good luck with that
  • GEDJARVIS
    GEDJARVIS Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I'm truly shocked at people's attitude and lack of backbone when it comes to American products and the current problems being caused by the U.S.A.
    This is your opportunity to buy British and support your own country, just remember today it's someone else tomorrow it could be you.
    Stand up for what's right.
    To the people who criticise me, would you want someone to fight for you when you were wronged?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure