cfadvisory.co.uk

Options

Comments

• Crayf
    Options
    Avoid at all costs! Want £495 upfront for "legal fees" but just try and get the money back when it turns out there isn't a PPI claim. One of their clauses state "if a Section 75 or chargeback is used, this will be classed a customer cancellation and the fee of £495 will not be returned". Total scam artists.
  • freddie2122
    Options
    Total scam! Do not use! Or you will lose! No service given and they become aggressive and abusive when asked for the deposit returning! AVOID !!!
  • Late_for_Lunch
    Options
    I fell into the trap (I know, I should have known better!), paid my money based on the fact I was told I'd get a full refund if they were unsuccessful.
    After 12 months I decided it was time to close the account and get my refund ........ well a further 6 months down the line and guess what ...... yep, still no refund :mad::mad:
    Every time I phone I get told accounts are chasing 1 final claim option / my systems are down, give me your phone number and I'll call you straight back or I'll get some paperwork in the post for you to sign (which surprise surprise never turns up!).
    I feel like a complete idiot!!

I guess I might as well just write off that £500 :mad::mad:
  • Zxcvbn
    Options
    Exactly the same happened to me, and now realise i've list my £495 deposit as every time I call I get lies, agressive stance and no help at all. They are just a bunch of con artists. Do not use them at all.
  • wilkins77
    Options
    I have just stupidly signed up, did anyone manage to get money back?
  • Jocn
    Jocn Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I was contacted by this company whom told me that they could get me money for mis-sold PPI even though other companies had acted on my behalf un-successfully. Stupidly, I paid them there £495.00 fee that I was told would be repaid. Several months passed and they eventually agreed they had been un-successful and could not collect an money for me. I was quire happy with this and asked that my £495.00 be returned which they agreed to during November 2017. Several weeks passed by and I had not received my refund so I contacted CF advisory again whom told be that their accounts dept had overlooked this but I would be repaid within 28 days. Again more time passed by without payment so I contacted them again to ask for a payment date? When they told me they could not give me a payment date, I told them I would contact the Financial Ombudsmen at which they got very defensive towards me!

I contacted CF Advisory a week later to ask again for my refund, but because I had complained to them, my complaint would be passed to their complaints department that would take 8 weeks to resolve.

Eventually I did receive the repayment of my £495.00 but this was 6 months later than expected. Overall this was a wholly regrettable experience and wish I had never heard of this company.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Jocn wrote: »
    Stupidly, I paid them there £495.00 fee that I was told would be repaid.
    Companies which charge an advance fee are to be avoided even more than those who simply charge an exorbitant percentage of any redress awarded. The PPI complaints process is simple and completely free so no one has to pay anything to any third party at all...

In your case, the Claim Company should never have signed you up as a customer in the first place because you had previously complained and employed other representation.

Why on earth did you think this firm would succeed where others had failed? Did you truly think paying £500 upfront would somehow net you a huge windfall?

A lesson learned I hope.

Just out of interest, why were your original PPI complaints rejected? Surely not because you didn't even have PPI?
  • john_lowson
    Options
    Do not use they are liars and con artists.
    Starts off with how they can see lots of financial history and some of it being old, and that it wouldn't be worth their while if it was less than £3000 to come back to me. Then they charge £495 which they tell you is refundable you won't be out of pocket then send you a contract that is worded so confusingly you rang to ask them to explain it. To which I was told it to think of it as a security deposit. If we claim £2000 on your behalf then that will cover your £495 its an up front payment to avoid customers absconding with the payments from their lenders and if we are not successful you will get a full refund. Everything seemed great, very professional always willing to help and explain things, seemed a real professional company. Then I got awarded £1100 which wasn't too bad I thought well you know what I get my £495 back and end up paying the 24% - £700 profit ! then I receive a bill for the £316.00 so imagine my surprise when I ask for the £179 back to be told oh no the commission is on top of the admin fee you've already paid, when questioned i got "we wouldn't have said that", when I told them to listen back to the conversation surprise surprise they don't record phone calls! When I told them to whistle for their commission I was threatened over the phone with debt collectors and called a bloody idiot for not reading the contract before signing "what idiot would sign a legal document without checking it out" (I did read and checked it out with them). Anyway I think I had a lucky escape at least I'm up on the deal which I would have never been bothered to claim if they had not contacted me. Just that my claim as cost me a whopping 78% in commission. I have filed a complaint not that I expect anything from it - I assume that Janice and Clifford perkins who are the directors of the company and both in their 60s are probably sat on a yacht somewhere (lets hope its of the coast of Somali they'll be at home there) whilst their minions are left to unethically fleece and blatantly lie to people and carry out their dirty work for them - Shame on you CF Advisory :(
  • weesheensy
    Options
    hi there, just logged in and saw your post, do not go near these people, i paid them 495.00 in february and i am still awaiting compensation or a refund. even phoning them gets you knowhere. I have actually reported to to the financial fraud people. Your details in the customer portal never change, do yourself a favour and stay well away from them, claim your ppi yourself. i had already did that and they told me the law had changed and the companies had only paid out token gestures and i was due more money from them, absolute rubbish, keep your money and save yourself a lot of hassle or chase any ppi due yourself.
  • weesheensy
    Options
    just read your post, i myself fell into the same trap, the only difference being i have not received a penny or my money back, hopefully ill get my 495.00 and it will be lesson learned
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure