PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - part two

Comments

• Florenceem wrote: »
    I am still away visiting family. Mr F is at home and has taken some bits out of the freezer to use - spag bol + 2 x rice dishes.

Been missing your pictures.
  • I've been lurking for some time now. Miss flo's pictures. Will start to list as my freezer often bulges.

Yesterday
    Out: 2 portions steak pie (for DH and my Dad as parents were having dinner with us)
    In: 2 portions vegetable lasagne + 1 portion veg in tomato sauce (leftovers from Mum and my dinner)

Today
    Out: 2 bbq chicken legs for homemade pizza and sandwiches + 5 fish fingers 3 for DH sandwich at lunch and 2 for DS to nibble on whilst we had dinner.
    In: nothing
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,910 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    sharond101 wrote: »
    Been missing your pictures.

I have cooked dinner for the last two days - looking after DGC while parents are away for a couple of days. I am cooking here again tomorrow then travel home on Friday.
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 2,874 April - 231/190
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £42.50/£100 NSD - 72
    2024 Craft Makes - 1946 Craft Spends 2024 £289.64/£500
  • OH went out and bought fish, cauliflower cheese grills and some other crap to put in the freezer, he just doesnt get the concept of using whats already there, grr.

OUT came a cheese pie, so a small dent appeared
  • Gonzo1987
    Gonzo1987 Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    Nothing in yesterday! out tonight will be fish fingers and smiley faces I do believe.
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Nothing out today, turkey has defrosted overnight so will cook that slowly and deal with it over the next couple of days, should make quite a few meals as it was 7.5kg in weight.
    Having a go at some more apples today as the last tree has decided to start shedding its crop, It was here when we bought this place and I think it is a cider apple tree as the apples are small, dry and tart but the tree always gives a huge crop.

Saw the bottom of the large freezer (45cubic feet) again yesterday, not seen that for a couple of years. Looks like the dogs will be in for several good treats over the next few months as I unearth things that are just too old for us to use - at least they will be happy whereas I'll moan about wasting all that food and money. At least the other freezers are more organised now and I know in the broad sense what is in each of them. Result.
  • Kirri I sent the maggot back yesterday, that's when the envelope came, I will call on Monday to see if they received it, as I sent it back with the slip they had sent only.

I done some baking today using the last of the pears, the ones on the tree look a diseased now.

I made a pear loaf and some lemon and blueberry cookies, the mixture was way too much, so I'm going to freeze the rest, I used the last of the frozen blueberries.

Not much other cooking gone on, I went to Tesco finest taster evening and left full with a goodie bag.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Out of the freezer a full chicken. I will also be taking out some stuffing to go with it later.

Some spare pastry has went in after making a quiche for lunches.
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • OUT - chicken and cheese pasta sauce, makes marginally more room :P
    House purchased November 2013
    Original MF Date: January 2045 - £104,400
    Current MF Date: April 2030- £48,719. 75
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Soworried wrote: »
    Out of the freezer a full chicken. I will also be taking out some stuffing to go with it later.

Some spare pastry has went in after making a quiche for lunches.

I've also made a rhubarb and blackberry crumble using some up I had in the freezer. I'll serve it with custard for supper.
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts