PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,146 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 15 August 2018 at 1:05AM
    Quick pleasures for today (Tuesday)

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Hens well and 4 eggs.

3) Happened to spot the window cleaners in the village so they came and cleaned my windows. I do the downstairs but there is no reaching the upstairs (they use a jet wash long brush thing).

4) Had LO burritos for lunch.

5) Popped to the charity shops to find a vase for one of my entries to the forthcoming village show. Found a vintage fluted measuring jug which will be just the job.

6) Brother in law has had his operation. There was a choice of 3 (depending on the damage they found once they started) and he had the 2nd choice so was in surgery for 5 hours. He is ok, though not comfortable. He might be home on Thursday!

7) I babysat my niece so my sister could visit brother in law. We fed the hens, did some weeding, watched some Cbeebies, she had a bath then some stories. I was told very definitely that one of the hens is "boody". :-D

8) Took smaller son for his favourite activity - a "midnight" shop.

9) No word from bigger son so I am guessing that he is enjoying this part of NCS. He did text to ask how brother in law had got on but my questions about "is it going ok?" have been ignored!
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Frith pleased BUT is ok

1. Monday morning my car wouldn't start. The pleasure was help from neighbours and then green flag arriving quickly. A new battery later which was cheaper than I thought it would be.
    2. A colleague at work covered for me until I got there.
    3. Long chat with my parents.
    4. Spent time in the garden.
    5. DS2 cooked.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Good Morning Chums,
    mhagster wrote: »
    house elfdoes your extension look as big as you'd thought? Mine seems tiny ! I'm assured once it's more than a hole in the ground it will look bigger!

And I may have booked a trip to NYC in December...go and see what pirate Pete gets up to!

Mhags Looks enormous! But when I try to visualise all the things I want in the space, it doen’t Look big enough :o Wanted it to be a big open plan space, but steels to hold the corner of the house up are mega expensive :eek: May have to re think, and keep the wall :(

NYC in December is so cool :cool: but you will need your woolly drawers! It will be cold :eek: I would love to skate under the Rockefeller Centre Xmas tree. Just like in the film Elf. (May have missed that window of opportunity, as my knees say different :D).

Yesterday

1. Free workout shovelling soil for the grabber truck. (Was considering going to Aqua fit!).

2. Watching the Swifts? Swallows? House Martins? Flocking around a clump of trees.

3. Afternoon snooze.

4. Made spaghetti Bol for tea. (Lots of veg hidden in the sauce. DS2 Seems to have avoided anything vegetable while away at camp, and our holiday food has been very short on veg :().

5. Last one of Handmaid’s Tale :j Looks like they have left it open for another series.........More depression :(, but I’ve started so I will have to finish.........

Right! Let the decluttering begin :D

Have a lovely day :)
  • I've got to read Handmaid's Tale for my bookclub House Elf, have to say I'm dreading it! Hopefully it won't be a upsetting as I fear though

Not been around for a few days, so accumulated pleasures:

- The garden coming back to life after the rain, new flowers appearing and plants I thought I'd lost showing green

- replacement pack of seeds sent by seed company after flowers on original ones turned out to be a sort of dirty off white instead of vibrant reds :j

- Cooked my first roast dinner in months - ate meat for the first time in months, and was glad I hadn't 'labelled' myself vegetarian, so I was able to do it without breaking any rules! Back to the veg now though :D

- OH better after a bit of a wobble when he stepped up the excerise and hurt his knee. It turned out not to be as bad as he feared, and his cardiac rehab is coming on well

- lovely visit to parents with oldest daughter, managed to sit in the garden in between the rain and cold weather
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Tuesday pleasures,

Avocado on toast for breakfast.

Popped out to pick up a prescription and found a perfect WA card for DN and hubbie, it’s a flamingo one and she loves flamingos :)

Washing dried on line after a few rainy days.

Into Town of Gown for haircut, took backpack and stocked up on cheapo shampoo in Bo*ts.

TV off and Yahtzee played.
  • Book up early Mhags. Statue of Liberty, use NPS to get tickets, they sell fast. get a show inn as well. As for the xmas shopping, where else! beats some mock trinket xmas market!

V Now that could had been sorted out the following morning, instead of losing the ashes over it! Put BoP in charge!

4 Sorted out pennies for the Apple of Big and Washington. Going to see the old fart and I!!!8217;m going to be in charge!

3 Back again to the gym tonight, got to be ready for the next BoP tour.

2 At mill anyway. Guv-nor is on holiday and that means we all play! Hang on, Guv-nor came in today! All L has been let loose! You should see the pond!

Having one today as well! Have you tried wrapping a boiled egg into tin foil!

Of course, it is done!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,194 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    We did the SOL in 2001 PP so don't feel need to go back when there's loads of other things to do. Meeting my Melbourne girl there then bringing her home. 16 weeks to go!

The bricklayers were here before I was quite ready this morning! Older chap said 'now don't take this the wrong way ( which invariably means I'm about to...) but I find that women dont have a clear idea of the final thing. Men do. ' so I told him...quite pleasantly that actually I had a very clear idea of the final thing ( having told architect exactly what I wanted) ah yes said he....like the curtains and the carpets. Growling inwardly at mysoginy in my own back garden!

Poor things were bricklaying in horizontal rain ( prior to remarks) so I made some oat biscuits and a cup of tea for them. I'm never very sure of the etiquette regarding cups of tea.

Then they left and the sun came out and so did the washing. I have to do an obstacle course to get to the third of the line I now have available.

Into town as DD2 had a GP appointment. Parked at lidl and walked through park, standing in the queue thinking I know that woman who turned round & was thrilled to see me ( still couldn't think who she was) and turns out she was the gran of a girl who son was at school with. Had a very brief catch up with her.

Then did lidl , got last £5 off £30 spend.

Home and walked dog via post box and back. Met a neighbour and chatted with her.

Bought a lasagne ( I never usually buy one) but it was actually okay. Had with mashed potatoes, broad beans and corn on cob.

The rains back on, I just had to do the mad dash of the obstacle course to bring the washing in! Doggy can wait a bit for his next walk I think!
  • Wednesday pleasures

Saw the fox strolling down the road at about 2:00 a.m.:)

Didn’t rain but chillier than yesterday.

DH & DSis painted the trim - a nice sky blue. It looks absolutely wonderful. Tomorrow they will paint the inside walls with one coat of the grey paint.

Now I have the excitement of planning what shelving etc to go inside:D

Nice chat with neighbour & she showed me her refurbished downstairs cloakroom - she has agreed I can take photos as it is stunning :D

No cooking - DH & DSis have gone to see the Colonel :rotfl: so should have enough for lunch tomorrow.

Reading your posts

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,028 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    1 The car sailed through it’s MOT such a relief for an old un. DH did the service; the pricey bit was the MOT itself.
    2 Then loaded it up with our stuff and went to the tip, and then CS with DFs things.
    3 Strimmed and tidied the garden.
    4 I popped to lidl for fresh bits I need for a planned snorkers, detoured via the dreadful Mr T, where I did get a few meat RTCs oh and 2 caramel doughnuts. But no more Mr T now for a month.
    5 Received a lovely sale top that is well made and flattering, very pleased.

I’m a bit apprehensive as tomorrow will be the last day for the old what was family home, it will be nice to have finished it, but I suspect a bit emotional.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,896 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Have a good day tomorrow pk
    1) good workout which finished with 2 sets of squats and plank. 1st time 45 seconds, 2 nd plank 2 minutes yay
    2) pizza from last night;s 24tuesday for lunch nom nom
    3) bus down to office arrived soon as I got to the bus-stop so got to city campus early. Called in at my new office to drop off my teabags and mug and pick up a keu
    4) then 2 excellent meetings. A prof I respect highly asked how many papers i had. No idea. She was shocked. No worries, I have my cv, i;ll just count them. Turns out I have 30 peer reviewed journal articles. Noice
    5) home, mowed the lawn while mrpiano made my supper. Then off to mr t for a £29.67 shop I got down to £1.67 with vouchers.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure