Things can only get better

Options

Comments

• mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Happy birthday for a week on Thursday SA.. yours is the week before mine :D.

Re the lump could it be a gland up? I had one a couple of weeks ago and had a bit of a sore throat to go with it xx
    Mummytogirls x

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Lovely news re early birthday present and gift card. Not so good on the lump. Could it be his body trying to fight the jock rot infection and just be a gland as Mummy suggests?

I had an email from Argos advising of the 25% off Tu sale. I didn’t even know Argos sold Tu. Thought I’d let you know incase you didn’t either Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,039 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done on the jeans - great bargain! Hope Mr SA is okay.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,502 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I didn’t even know Argos sold Tu. Thought I’d let you know incase you didn’t either Xx

Sainsbury bought them out, there's one inside my usual Sainsbury.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Wednesday already

Major panic tonight when I lost Excel from my laptop after a Windows update :eek: Restored back to previous state before update then had to reinstall Office :( Thankfully Excel is back and my budget spreadsheet is restored :) A lot of faffing about I didn't need though and I didn't get time to update finances.

Mr SA is driving me nuts today, going on about the garden and pushing for purchase of stones. I've had to say no more garden spending until after holiday, I'm sure he thinks there's an endless supply of money.

Still got a few holiday bits and bobs to buy need to buy a travel kettle, shorts for Mr SA and some toiletries.

Just one more work get up to go - the Prosecco is chilling in the fridge in readiness for tomorrow night :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Phew to excel and your spreadsheet still being there SA!

I probably won't 'see' you now so I hope you have a lovely holiday xx
    Mummytogirls x

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    Options
    Hope you've had a good day SA

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    That's me done - off work until 3 September :)

Best of all I found out I've got 8 days leave left when I thought I only had 2 :) will have to take 3 before 31 October but I can carry 5 days over into my next leave year.

Haircut after work so it will have time to settle in time for holiday - my hair doesn't like being cut and takes a few days to calm down.

Mr M order arrived 3 hours late tonight :( I did get a phone call to warn me though. Still a pain though, especially as I was waiting for items needed for tonight's dinner.

Tomorrow have to go in town to get Mr SA's shorts - not an easy task as all the shops seem to have their Autumn stock out already - really who goes on holiday in August :rotfl:
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Total nightmare shorts shopping. Nothing at all in Primark. Went all over without success, very difficult with Mr SA trying to get his scooter in and out of shops. Finally went in Sports Direct - loads of shorts in there. Got him 3 pairs XXL. I had a voucher for a free birthday drink in one pub,it was a bit early but I'd had enough by then, so cost just £3.40 for Mr SA's beer. Then Mr SA decided he was hungry so we stopped off for lunch in another pub I had yet another voucher for a free birthday drink from. It cost just £12 for his burger, chips and beer, my pizza, salad and Diet Coke plus a free Mojito :)

Unfortunately when we got home two pairs of the shorts are too small :( So I'll have to take them back and change them for XXXL or get a refund. Not happy about this to be honest :( He tried on the XL and they were tight so he said the next size up would be OK. It's such a faff with him trying stuff on, it takes forever with him being so immobile plus having to manoeuvre the scooter everywhere when it's busy.

Anyway back home resting my aching feet now. Not looking forward to yet another journey into town. I suppose I could leave it until Monday and go first thing.

Get me to that sunbed!
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,502 Forumite
    Options
    might be easier to measure him next time, then measure the shorts before you buy.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback