Amex Advice

Options
Hi all,

Just following on from the advice on this here website, I've gone and got me an AmEx gold reward card. Mainly, because of the £100 amazon voucher (which is incredibly useful).

To get this deal, one has to spend £2000 within the first 3 months.

Well, I intend to buy a costly TV from a well known store and also an engagement ring from a well known jewellers (providing my credit limit is sufficient enough).

The bait is no doubt the "free £100 amazon voucher" because with a 7 year old bookworm, this can be used quite quickly.

The question is, if anyone has any experience, would I be better off utilising this offer, then offsetting the account balance to a decent balance transfer card to pay it off in good time and thus negating the ridiculous interest fees? And would I still get the points reward if I did that? I've found nothing in their T's n C's to suggest otherwise, so this could potentially be a winner. A "free" £100 amazon voucher.

Any thoughts?
IT'S BETTER TO BURN OUT, THAN TO FADE AWAY!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    A BT would have no bearing on the rewards.
  • The_Kurgan
    Options
    Is that because you have already fulfilled the criteria met to receive the bonus? ie - spending the required amount.
    So spending said amount, and then closing the account after a B/T and receiving the promo offer wouldn't be too cheeky? I like it if so lol
    IT'S BETTER TO BURN OUT, THAN TO FADE AWAY!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Correct.

Although consider whether you should keep it, depending on your circumstances.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure