Apple muncher's number crunching

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,662
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    So, we didn't go swimming as dd didn't fancy it. We went to sainz and aldee instead. Such fun for dd! Spent over £70 (eek) but got stocked up on gf df foods for dd. And it did include about £10 on presents too...

And I have made some gf df ginger biscuits and have tried to make aquafaba meringues. We'll see how they turn out in about an hour and a half...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    Up in bham once again. I drove up yesterday, which I was not looking forward to, but it went ok.

I have done another 22+ miles today. 3 trips to the recyc centre or tip and a visit to mum.

My hands are now struggling and aching, even though I was really slow and steady moving the furniture bits. Oh well.

I've also cleared out the bit of garden/patio space at the back, along with the plastic tool box.

And hoovered half the house, using our little hand-held hoover that cuts out frequently and requires me being on my knees frantically running it back and forth when it is working!

Did another old bodyrock workout this morning - thoroughly enjoyed it!

Now to watch some athletics and rest...
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    Waiting in for the YMCA chaps to arrive, and making the most of having a comfy chair to sit on before they take it away... Hope they come before the 4pm cut-off...!

Nothing much done in the 4 hours I've been up, but I have read lots of diaries!
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    I did a z cut workout in the gym on holiday and it reminded me of you!

Hope things go well at your mumsand don't work too hard!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,669
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    How did the aquafaba meringues turn out?

Holiday sounds lovely :)
    xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    Earthie -which one did you do?

Greent - they were a flop! I put them in after baking some ginger biscuits and I think I didn't let the oven cool own enough.

The YMCA chaps came at 2pm yesterday. My journey home took me 4 hours. Ugh. But I did get some time at home with big sis.

Today, we have been to Brighton to lunch with dss + fiancee. It was a lovely time an a good natter was had by all. But I made dh drive both ways - I'm all worn out from my bham visit!
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    Today has been a good day.

I did an old (very old) bodyrock workout first thing - dive bombers, side jump lunges and dancing crabs.

Dd has done a good amount of her maths homework workbook, interspersed with : getting gf/df food from sainz, calling in at n'wide to get an appt to open a savings acc for dd, calling at barc1ays to sort some stuff on mum's acc, going to icyland for a fish shop and to ensure we get our free £5; blackberrying (got about 1 kilo of berries); crafting - dd is making clothes for sy1vanians and I'm making pinafores or dungarees for my bunnies.

Dh has done a few extra hours of work, plus pushing on through the paperwork pile that never ends.

We both got someone to sign things for us.

2 loads of washing got more or less dried.

Much to be grateful for :D.
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    Today was swim/market day. Dd swam a width of the pool. Twice. Such a good improvement - last time, she could only get halfway across.

Got a housewarming lavender plant for a friend off the market. I have a posh pot to put it in. Also a couple of packs of mixed nuts at 2 for £1. And a couple of doll dress thingies for dd - also 2 fr £1.

The swimming fair wore me out too, even though I only did some 6 lengths!

We have a completion date for mum's house. Yay and yikes in equal measure.

Made a gf df rasp and nectarine cake thingy that actually turned out okay. Yummy.
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    Dd and I have watched both parts of the Deathly Hallows today. I'm emotionally drained!!!

I have re-arranged the tiny back garden, moving things around and doing a small tidy up. Also mowed the front and weed-sprayed the pavement and next door's weed-patch-of-a-front-garden. There were no noisy or nosyneighbours around so it was lovely and peaceful.

We nipped to sainz and dd found a present for dh. I found gf/df cornettos on offer so bought 5 boxes!

Got a FYM workout done first thing.

Cancelled a magazine sub (£40 per year)and 3 small charity donations (totalling £96 per year). Now I shall set up a £5 permonth Sally Army one. And I have found an awesome magazine in the shops and the monthly cover price is only a little more than the one I cancelled.

Finished 2 more sets of bunny clothing and cut out 6 more.

Contacted the solicitor re who and how re the house sale monies.

It's days like today that epitomise the summer hols for me. Nowt big planned. Easy to spend 6! hours on dvds. Nip out as required. A bit of this and that.
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    We went out with dh this morning - he wanted to go to the local town to shop. Ugh! Anyhow, we did well. I'd also booked dd in for her eye test and she was chuffed to need new specs (not a new presc, just that her head has grown!).

We did: the £shop, wilk0, pr1mark, sainz, t1ger. And that was certainly enough! I have no idea how people can stand going shopping frequently! I really do need my nsds. If I had bought everything that looked nice/a good idea/useful, then I'd be broke!

I acquired some crocus and hyacinth bulbs from the £shop, which are now planted in pots, with a view to being gifts. Pr1mark yielded 3 HP items for dd for cmas/bday. Plus HP wrapping paper. T1ger supplied us with a grass soap dish - dh is the only one who uses soap and the few times he manages to put it back on the current soap dish, he also manages to fill it with water and it gets all manky. This is a soap dish that was in the flat we rented in Spain and is perfect!

W1lko provided compost and a honeysuckle plant that I hope will grow and next year provide us with a little more privacy from a certain little neighbour.

We had planned to stop for a coffee, but needed to return to the car by 12 - and they are s**t hot round there at ticketing - and neither of us particularly felt like it. A small win!

It has been a good sunnyish day - much better than the 'cloudy' forecast. Stuff has been done. We have spent time together as a family - and are going to watch Paddington 2 later on :D.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback