Money transfer on Barclaycard

New to the forum, hello everyone :)

I am looking to money transfer £500 to my current account from my shiny new Barclaycard Platinum 27 month purchase credit card.

Will this negatively affect my credit score because I have effectively taken actual cash from the card or does that only apply to withdrawing money directly from the card eg at a cash point?

Really appreciate your help!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You don't have a credit score, but it won't be seen as a negative on your credit file.
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Don't forget you will incur charges taking cash out whereas of course you won't if you make a purchase using it at least for 27 months
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 14 August 2018 at 5:04PM
    Hi Milomilo and welcome to the forum :)
    Milomilo wrote: »
    I am looking to money transfer £500 to my current account from my shiny new Barclaycard Platinum 27 month purchase credit card.
    You need a money transfer card, if you want to that without incurring a comparatively large fee.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Thank you for your fast replies and warm welcome.

I understand that will incur a £9.50 fee which I do not mind. What concerns me is whether, as per MSE website for cash withdrawals, the money transfer will be logged on my file in some way and reflect negatively on my future credit applications eg a planned mortgage in 3 years time. As in, more so than just a purchase for the same amount.
  • Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You need a money transfer card, if you want to that without incurring a fee.
    So which of the money transfer cards referred to in your link don't charge a fee?

From your link:
    • MBNA: 2.99% fee
    • MBNA: 0.5% fee
    • Tesco Bank: 3.94% fee
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Just checked the link and they no longer do a zero fee. Thanks :) (I've edited the post now!
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Craig1981
    Craig1981 Posts: 769 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Milomilo wrote: »
    Thank you for your fast replies and warm welcome.

I understand that will incur a £9.50 fee which I do not mind. What concerns me is whether, as per MSE website for cash withdrawals, the money transfer will be logged on my file in some way and reflect negatively on my future credit applications eg a planned mortgage in 3 years time. As in, more so than just a purchase for the same amount.

to clarify for you:
    a money transfer is not the same a a cash advance - cash advance is using CC for cash withdrawals at ATM, gambling etc - money transfer in effect is a loan against your credit limit

but, if you dont have an all in one card, why you want a money transfer? just purchase with it instead
  • You will incur the fee of £9.50 PLUS daily interest until paid off in full.

Could you not make purchases on the card then leave the money that you would have used in your bank account?
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You will incur the fee of £9.50 PLUS daily interest until paid off in full.

Could you not make purchases on the card then leave the money that you would have used in your bank account?

Most likely it will be 0% interest for an introductory period.

The OP's question was answered in the first reply.
  • foxy-stoat wrote: »
    Most likely it will be 0% interest for an introductory period.

The OP's question was answered in the first reply.

For a cash withdrawal?
    Not many will treat a cash advance/transfer as a purchase so I think interest would be charged.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure