What small DFW things will you do w/c 13th August?

Comments

• I don't know what keeps happening to my posts! I typed one out this morning but it's gone!

No great shakes as was working today:

* all food from stores
    * madam went to bff's for the day - saving us £35 :money:
    * hung out washing & just got it in :cool:
    * load in machine on timer for the morning
    * made madam's packed lunch for tomorrow
    * £18 of mileage expenses winging it's way to me
    * managed a NSD :cool:

That's all! Going to sit and read a book for a bit then have an early night x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I think you posted on last weeks thread determined hope work is ok.
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning all :hello: just a quick one before I head out the door. 1LL hope you're ok and just busy with holiday stuff :) hope everyone else's bumps, bruises and ailments are behaving themselves today. My list:

Ordered some items online in sa1nsbugs 25% off of school
    Check banking
    Check DH account and make sure dd have gone out
    Last of some bean chilli for lunch at work that was taking up far too much space as it was in a huge box :D
    Do meal plan for next week with what is in freezer
    Update food spends to sheet for August
    Hot drink for commute
    Volunteer at charity tonight
    DH to post off mortgage paperwork
    Smalls to pick raspberries and tomatoes
    Make another jam when I get home as I've not had chance to do anything else with berries we picked - will use BM so nice and easy

Enjoy your day peeps.
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 15 August 2018 at 5:35PM
    Morning all

Foxgloves - I hope you're ok

Big hugs to any poorlies or people with worries.

Got a lot to get through today and am feeling a bit off. Luckily it's my Friday. I am done in.

Today's mission:
    • B/L/D from stores. What is dinner though? Not sure. - probably meatball pasta... not sure if my niece will need dinner. If she does, I'll just have a snack
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Gym at lunchtime - done
    • Try to relax
    • Focus well
    • Speak to OH about a will. I have never thought to bother but my mum pointed out that if we snuffed it simultaneously, then we would need to decide what should happen to our (meagre) savings
    • Buy a hair band and a cheap swimming cossie
    Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • Morning :D - thanks purps! Have thought I was going crazy! Working again today so not much going on!

Today:

* all meals from stores
    * froze a banana to make a banana bread at some point
    * check onepoll
    * update work expenses
    * read newsletter
    * put up with annoying colleague and not let it get to me!
    * hopefully can just put my head down and get some tasks done ready for my leave from Friday
    * hung out washing - grey and overcast so hope it dries!
    * pick up a few bits for holiday after work

That's all I can think of right now....
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
  • Car sorted. £84 for tyre and track rod. Not too bad
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,092 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning all,
    Thanks for your kind wishes, CLF - I'm ok. Things are stressful with Mum atm as she is still stranded in a hospital 130 miles away, but we are hanging on in there & dealing with what arises - although if we had a swear box in our house, I think I would be in serious debt within a couple more days!
    OK, today's efforts:
    *More laundry on as much of the cheap tariff as I could manage. Drying outside for free.
    *Batch cooking & veg growing really paying off now - quesadillas on the menu for tonight. I am using all our homegrown stuff except for onions plus batch cooked slow cooker re-fried beans & I make up fajhita spice mix from a recipe I found online, so I think I've bought just tortilla wraps (which I could make if I had time), onions & oil.
    *Mid-month budget check-in. Balance lower than original budget, but doable.....it's just from a series of very small purchases, none of them silly or frivolous, but they add up, don't they?
    *2 x £5 vouchers arrived - survey income, so updated my signature, as I like to keep a tally of this to motivate myself.
    *Paid credit card - couldn't pay it off (unusually) in its entirety as it has mr f's posh new birthday camera purchase on it, but I certainly paid off a huge amount more than the silly suggested minimum payment, honestly, no wonder people get into trouble with CCs, the minimum payments are just ridiculously low. Also paid across last grocery shop to the other CC, as we only use it to accrue points for vouchers.
    *Feed climbing beans, courgettes, squash & everything else which is still growing - I may just let tomatoes, peppers & remaining aubergine come to a natural end now, & just let everything ripen.
    *Knit (nice to see a few things going into the presents box)
    *Ice my inflamed achilles tendon - this led to a tantrum first thing this morning, & I was only trying to be money saving......bah! Think will save that little tale for today's DFW diary post.
    *Decide what food from home we can realistically take away with us.
    *Decided not to cycle into town - there are a few little bits & pieces I was thinking about buying, but they can pretty much all wait until later, hopefully until after payday.
    OK, that's today's efforts.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Thrice
    Thrice Posts: 159 Forumite
    Afternoon all, hope everyone is doing okay!

So, DH said on Sunday that he was going to be responsible for this weeks food shopping :eek::eek::eek: first time in a LOOOOOONG time he's said he would go shopping all by himself!

I had already been to Lidl to get bread etc for lunches this week and spent £9.70 out of this weeks £40 budget. So I said to him last night, When are you planning on buying some food?? He said he was challenging us to not spend ANY more of the food budget this week, and to use up every scrap in the fridge. I love how his utter laziness is saving us £30.30 this week :rotfl: I'm going with it, it will be nice to actually clear out the fridge!

Waiting to hear back from L&C about my remortgage, I'm hoping this will bring my payments down under £300 per month.

Other than that, I'm just doing the usual. BLD from stores,check surveys, comps etc etc

x
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Morning all :)
    Awake just after 4.30 this morning so thought I might as well get up - I went to bed just after 7 yesterday as I still had a headache / sicky / migraine thing after 2 days :( Anyway, I feel more normal this morning, but will no doubt be tired later!

This morning I have to go to my brother's flat again, and wait in for the workmen I waited there all morning for (and OH took over after lunch) and who didn't appear yesterday :( Asked brother to phone the HA and ask if / when they are going to turn up as I can't be there all the time - he is working quite long hours atm. Will send OH into town with a shopping list while I wait for either the workmen or a phone call from brother.

Despite feeling ill /being stuck at my brother's flat all morning, I managed to get a few things done yesterday:
    *2 loads of washing dried on line, good thing too, as it is pouring with rain this morning!
    *Mashed and froze 2 black bananas to use for cakes
    *Picked raspberries and blueberries :)
    *Made butter chicken in the SC for dinner, and there is enough left for dinner again tonight, if I make something else to go with it :D
    *Dog walk, and popped into vet's on the way back to make an appointment for the dreaded annual jab :eek: (dog is a dreadful wimp, and because he is very small, friendly and looks cute, he is particularly good at being pathetic / gathering a sympathetic crowd. Lovely lady vet was there, and offered to do it there and then. She scattered bscuit crumbs all over her table, and he was so busy hoovering them up that he didn't notice the injection :rotfl:No additional spending involved, as this, plus his wormers, flea treatments, regular health checks and various one offs such as his microchip and neuter op are covered by their monthly pet club scheme membership, which works out much cheaper than paying for all these things individually :D

Anyway, some at least of today will be spent at my brother's again :(. I did find a BT Openzone wireless network yesterday, that I could sign into courtesy of our home BT account to stave off the boredom a bit!
    Will have HG fruit with breakfast :)
    Send OH off into town to do a bit of shopping while I am at brother's flat - brother lives in a town about 8 miles away from us, where we like the weekly outdoor market :) OH will be armed with a list!

Check banks and update spreadsheet
    Make a potato curry to go with the remains of the butter chicken - I have the ingredients :)
    Freeze French beans in fridge
    Make either raspberry or blueberry muffins!

And if I manage to get more done, it will be a bonus :)
  • Morning :D day off - yippee! - looking after my godson for bff so not sure what I'll get done, and I'll probably be exhausted by the time he's picked up! (he's much higher energy than madam!)

Going to go to a free kids gardening event at a play centre this morning - just need to go and get ready and then go!

book bowling for this afternoon - I have 8 vouchers for games so a couple of games should keep us occupied for a few hours for free ;)

Pick up batteries for camping lamps & coffee

try to get an aged oil stain out of a pair of trousers that fit me again :D

do some packing for our holiday - today is realistically the only time I have to do it. We hope to pack the car tomorrow evening & set off early and I'm working tomorrow...

Things out the loft - need oh for that. will text bff and see if she has a holdall I can borrow. Trying to keep what we take to a minimum

all meals from stores

went to the allotment and picked a big bag of fruit and veg :D must freeze what I can....

be good to do some sewing

reminded oh (again) he owes me money

check banking

Ojk let's see how I do!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing