Budget Planner Spreadsheet Help Thread

Comments

• Eggfoot wrote: »
    Hello

Im trying to add more rows to the "Enter Other Income Source" part of the spreadsheet, but its not allowing me to do so...saying that the page is "protected". When I try to "Unprotect" it prompts me for a password. Which i obviously dont have.

Im using the spreasdsheet in Office 2007...could this be the problem?

Im having same problem using Office XP. Anyone able to help?
  • I'm probably being stupid but this spreadsheet is password protected so I can't add any numbers to it. I've tried saving it as something different, but it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?
  • I managed to put the figures in. To the monthly or annual columns and it automatically totals things but still cant add rows.
    Have resorted to lump items together eg House Insurance although would ideally split by buliding and contents and am inserting comments so I can remember why the figs are what they are. It would be better to have some free categories and more free listings on the end of existing categories.
    Sorry I cant help with your problem.
  • Has anyone rsolved the problem of password protected budger planner? I can't seem to get to the bottom of it?:mad:
  • Hi guys

As you know the spreadsheet is password protected.

We added a password to it to stop people entering more columns and rows, possibly breaking some of the underlying equations. We don't advise unlocking it, although we understand people may wish to change the names of some of the categories and make more personal edits.

If you're having trouble unlocking the spreadsheet you'll have to un-protect each individual sheet using the password 'money'.

If you use the password though, and things go wrong, we won't be able to help you as we have no way of re-creating the situation, so unfortunately we have to add a "use at your own risk" warning to this password.

Take care

Andrea :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • ajr
    ajr Posts: 145 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Have downloaded and saved it but only looks as if bits of it there,there are a few cells but no proper columns etc.Am I being dim?
    One day the big prize will be mine!

Expresso coffee maker.
  • slektor
    slektor Posts: 1 Newbie
    The sopreadsheet is really awsome, and the fact that it's free makes it even better!

But there is a small flaw that i have to point out... the columns are FIXED, I agree to having restrictions off all kinds on the program due to copyright laws, but we should have the possibility to expand and reduce columns or have the autofit function otherwise if we enter numbers that are too big, we just get loads of hash keys that don't really mean anything.

Please find a solution to this inconvenient problem that greatly reduces the effectiveness and the use of this program.

Thank you!!
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    slektor wrote: »
    The sopreadsheet is really awsome, and the fact that it's free makes it even better!

But there is a small flaw that i have to point out... the columns are FIXED, I agree to having restrictions off all kinds on the program due to copyright laws, but we should have the possibility to expand and reduce columns or have the autofit function otherwise if we enter numbers that are too big, we just get loads of hash keys that don't really mean anything.

Please find a solution to this inconvenient problem that greatly reduces the effectiveness and the use of this program.

Thank you!!

It pays to read some posts before posting e.g. three post up! post #46
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • slektor wrote: »

Thank you!!
    Thank you for your feedback :). I have updated a development version of the budget planner to allow you to change the widths of the columns on some of the sheets. iIf you could try using this version and if feed back is positive then I will replace the main version with it.
    Development Budget Planner

• darcey
    darcey Posts: 4 Newbie
    help totally confused... i cant understand any thing... my budget planner has told me im in hell and im using my finances up .... of course this is true... i dont earn enough..... help.....
    :confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport