New Bloke living in Family home.

Options
Hi. Was Kicked out of family home last October by wife who remained in there with our 3 kids. I Moved in with sister.
New fella has moved in (which she denies) and they now have a 2 month old baby together.
She wants to keep home for her 'needs' as a single mum ie 4 or 5 bed house. I want it back as it was my childhood home and to buy her out.
She is now less capable of meeting her own needs with new baby, and insists has no plans to be with new bloke who on paper lives with his parents. so obviously I'm expected to meet these extra needs she has generated? or just for those of my 3 which could have been a 3 bedroom house.
What should he pay now? I'm still paying half mortgage.

Comments

• Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,378 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If it was your childhood family home, how did you become the owner? Was in inherited? Is it now owned jointly? Did you effectively "gift" your wife half the house if you did put her on the deeds? but then you also say it's Mortgaged, what equity do you have in it?

How long have you been married?
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Move back in!

You seems to be paying for half.

Go and have a chat to a solicitor.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    Sounds like its still your house, so you can move back in as you are as entitled to live in it as your wife.

She can always leave if she doesn't like it.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • DEJECTEDDAD
    Options
    What you can do by law is not always practical or can be confusing for the kids tho...
    I bought it off parents just before married and had her added to mortgage/deeds. Married 5 years 3 months, lived together 6.5 years. 110k mortgage on 260k value est.
  • DEJECTEDDAD
    Options
    Hi replied below thanks
  • DEJECTEDDAD
    Options
    She could move out if I moved back... or she could use various accusation cards for occupation orders!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What you can do by law is not always practical or can be confusing for the kids tho...
    I bought it off parents just before married and had her added to mortgage/deeds. Married 5 years 3 months, lived together 6.5 years. 110k mortgage on 260k value est.

You're right that it's not as simple as enforcing the law. I can see that staying in a house with accusations flying around wouldn't be a good atmosphere for anyone.

It would help to know how things stand with your ex. Are you divorced? Have you agreed a financial settlement? I'm assuming not and as she's refusing to cooperate over the house then I'd suggest you see a solicitor.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Hi. Was Kicked out of family home last October by wife who remained in there with our 3 kids. I Moved in with sister.
    New fella has moved in (which she denies) and they now have a 2 month old baby together.
    She wants to keep home for her 'needs' as a single mum ie 4 or 5 bed house. I want it back as it was my childhood home and to buy her out.
    She is now less capable of meeting her own needs with new baby, and insists has no plans to be with new bloke who on paper lives with his parents. so obviously I'm expected to meet these extra needs she has generated? or just for those of my 3 which could have been a 3 bedroom house.
    What should he pay now? I'm still paying half mortgage.
    She must have got pregnant almost as soon as she kicked you out.

+1 to getting legal advice.
  • DEJECTEDDAD
    Options
    Yes! Instant pregnancy. Could save me a packet in spousal support but it's proving he is there. - Seen solicitor but not hearing what I want ie chance of my uniquely located house back! Nothing agreed yet she wants it all obviously.
  • DaveBullock_
    Options
    I would advice getting legal advice, a solicitor would be able to advice you with the best advice to get this issue solved!

From the sound of it however, the house is half yours so you are more than a right to live there!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure