Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • welshdeedee
    • By welshdeedee 13th Aug 14, 9:05 AM
    • 27,163Posts
    • 120,009Thanks
    welshdeedee
    The Holby City Thread - Part 3
    • 13th Aug 14, 9:05 AM
    The Holby City Thread - Part 3 13th Aug 14 at 9:05 AM

New thread as it still makes us smile.
    30:22
    30:07
    29:07
Page 3
    • Torry Quine
    • By Torry Quine 27th Aug 14, 9:14 PM
    • 17,253 Posts
    • 26,865 Thanks
    Torry Quine
    Poor Serena wanted a night out with adult conversation and ended up with a bottle of wine alone in the car!

I loved the way Zosia treated Clive and listened to his needs rather than Arthur who just wanted him treated and home quickly.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
    • maman
    • By maman 27th Aug 14, 10:03 PM
    • 20,674 Posts
    • 122,854 Thanks
    maman
    Poor Serena wanted a night out with adult conversation and ended up with a bottle of wine alone in the car!

I loved the way Zosia treated Clive and listened to his needs rather than Arthur who just wanted him treated and home quickly.
    Originally posted by Torry Quine

She certainly seemed to make him happy but always feel there's something really creepy about the way she latches on to certain patients, makes me uneasy, feeling of impending doom.
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 28th Aug 14, 7:52 AM
    • 26,775 Posts
    • 70,505 Thanks
    pollypenny

Originally posted by Torry Quine

Broke every rule, disobeyed orders and got away with it because daddy is in charge.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • maman
    • By maman 28th Aug 14, 7:55 AM
    • 20,674 Posts
    • 122,854 Thanks
    maman
    Broke every rule, disobeyed orders and got away with it because daddy is in charge.
    Originally posted by pollypenny

And then poor Arthur got the blame!
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 10th Sep 14, 8:47 AM
    • 4,121 Posts
    • 18,352 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    Wonder how Guy is going to deal with Zosia? He has suddenly realised that Arthur has been carrying her and dealt with it so diplomatically. I loved when he was in Taggart, but hated his role in Corrie, like him again.

Adele having the temerity to back-chat Jac, think there will be great fun for us ahead there!
    A smile costs little but creates much
  • Errata
    Guy certainly seemed to have a firm physical grip on Z as he walked her away - there may be trouble ahead (with luck).
    I noticed Jac is now looking a bit full around the middle, won't be long before she's off to finish cooking her baby.
    .....................I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...
    • maman
    • By maman 17th Sep 14, 1:53 PM
    • 20,674 Posts
    • 122,854 Thanks
    maman
    More weird goings on at Holby. I wonder if it'll ever get so ridiculous and far fetched that I'll give up.

Last night (while dozing on sofa) I watched Arthur and Dom in their kimonos then the screen switched to Sacha in what I thought were his pyjamas too. But no, that's Sacha 's usual attire for going to work. No change there then.
  • Errata
    Stupid plots, dialogue and acting put Corrie on par with Shakespeare. More fool us for watching it
  • archived user
    Didn't watch it last night, I got carried away with Grand Designs but i'll catch up with it later.

Doesn't look like I missed much.
    • Bettie
    • By Bettie 17th Sep 14, 4:32 PM
    • 1,093 Posts
    • 1,250 Thanks
    Bettie
    Thought it was worth watching just to see the mouth to mouth resuscitation....shame Jac didn't walk in
  • Errata
    Thought it was worth watching just to see the mouth to mouth resuscitation....shame Jac didn't walk in
    Originally posted by Bettie
    The close up was
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 17th Sep 14, 6:39 PM
    • 26,775 Posts
    • 70,505 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Quite funny last night.

Loved Zosia telling the guy to plan his funeral. How many of us would have liked to tell a patient/pupil/ parent/ customer the truth?

• maman
    • By maman 18th Sep 14, 11:09 AM
    • 20,674 Posts
    • 122,854 Thanks
    maman
    Quite funny last night.

Loved Zosia telling the guy to plan his funeral. How many of us would have liked to tell a patient/pupil/ parent/ customer the truth?
    Originally posted by pollypenny

Puts me in mind of when I had written 'xxx is a highly spirited girl' in a report. Parent came and said to me 'What you mean is she's a right pain in the a*se!' How refreshing was that!!
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 18th Sep 14, 12:41 PM
    • 7,109 Posts
    • 17,416 Thanks
    Anglea
    It will all end in tears if Zosia moves back with the boys and Guy is avoiding getting her proper help and blackmailing Amy to help.

Felt sorry for Harry.

Wonder if Amy's OH (keep forgetting his name) is going to own up after he's been to confession?

• welshdeedee
    • By welshdeedee 22nd Sep 14, 9:08 AM
    • 27,163 Posts
    • 120,009 Thanks
    welshdeedee
    the scripts and storylines are worse than ever, do we have a new character ie the priest?
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 2nd Oct 14, 5:30 PM
    • 26,775 Posts
    • 70,505 Thanks
    pollypenny
    I really enjoyed this week's episode! I felt it was genuinely funny, consciously so.

What about you other fans.

• Errata
    Nice to see Digby behaving like a grown up doctor, excellent news for Harry I hope we've seen the back of the pill chucker, Adele is a PITA, and why do patients never, ever get any food.
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 2nd Oct 14, 7:37 PM
    • 26,775 Posts
    • 70,505 Thanks
    pollypenny
    It's like Body of proof on 5, doesn't take itself seriously.

• Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 4th Oct 14, 10:27 AM
    • 4,121 Posts
    • 18,352 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    I wasn't home to see it so thought I would catch up on iplayer, does anyone know why it is not on there?
    A smile costs little but creates much
    • welshdeedee
    • By welshdeedee 5th Oct 14, 10:50 AM
    • 27,163 Posts
    • 120,009 Thanks
    welshdeedee
    Nice to see Digby behaving like a grown up doctor, excellent news for Harry I hope we've seen the back of the pill chucker, Adele is a PITA, and why do patients never, ever get any food.
    Originally posted by Errata

Forget the food it amazes me how quick patients get to see a Doctor!

How come Adele found a room for Elliot? Surely it could accommodate two beds!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

749Posts Today

6,278Users online

Martin's Twitter