Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Indie Kid
    • By Indie Kid 6th Jan 14, 12:31 PM
    • 21,629Posts
    • 29,326Thanks
    Indie Kid
    Things that made you smile
    • 6th Jan 14, 12:31 PM
    Things that made you smile 6th Jan 14 at 12:31 PM
    We have a what's irritating you thread, and I think we need a thread for things that have made us smile, etc.

Me - well, we have a puppy who is now 8 months. I let her out this morning and was hoping to keep the door open for her to come in. But it was too windy. I was stood by the door waiting for her, expecting to see her come down the steps.

I then heard a tap at the door. She'd come down the steps, which I hadn't seen and tapped to be let in. She also taps to go out.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
Page 202
    • HighamKneeDee
    • By HighamKneeDee 31st Aug 19, 10:38 AM
    • 576 Posts
    • 1,076 Thanks
    HighamKneeDee
    Saturday Kitchen, my partner has it on and all of a sudden they are discussing the loquacious Stephen Fry, and a female guest proudly thunders "I love Stephen Fry!!!".

I turn to my partner, ask 'what have you got on, is it W1A? Was that Jessica Hynes mocking the extravagant self-proclaimed elite again? '

No, it's another lovey, a Guardian columnist, Anna Jones.

Perhaps she is auditioning for the part in the next series.
    • tealady
    • By tealady 1st Sep 19, 6:11 AM
    • 3,145 Posts
    • 4,095 Thanks
    tealady
    Saw a group of sparrows having a bath in a puddle yesterday.
    It made up for the rain.
    Proud to be an MSE nerd
    Judge people by their achievements, not by their mistakes
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 2nd Sep 19, 9:09 AM
    • 10,177 Posts
    • 35,588 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Tucked springs of rosemary & mint into apprentice's bag today - his friends saw & grinned as I have form for this. He hasn't seen them yet.
    • HighamKneeDee
    • By HighamKneeDee 4th Sep 19, 11:11 AM
    • 576 Posts
    • 1,076 Thanks
    HighamKneeDee
    Boris says
    "The surrender leader asking Momentum to disrupt. They will be chanting 'What do we want? Delay and dither. When do we want it? We don't know'"
    • colinw
    • By colinw 4th Sep 19, 11:14 AM
    • 55,812 Posts
    • 153,665 Thanks
    colinw
    Boris says
    "The surrender leader asking Momentum to disrupt. They will be chanting 'What do we want? Delay and dither. When do we want it? We don't know'"
    Originally posted by HighamKneeDee
    Boris? so many people on first name terms with this guy
    • HighamKneeDee
    • By HighamKneeDee 4th Sep 19, 11:32 AM
    • 576 Posts
    • 1,076 Thanks
    HighamKneeDee
    Boris? so many people on first name terms with this guy
    Originally posted by colinw
    I wasn't expecting you along Colin.....well not so quickly anyhow .

I agree, it sickens me too, I think I've pointed out before. How so many people on here appear to know Aretha, David, Freddie, Greta...
    It stinks of people really saying "you cannot deprive me of being part of this (thing). I need to be part of this (thing) "

What amuses me even more is when some posters constantly bluster
    the following; JohnsonB or Brexit Party Ltd, as if they are trying to make a point, which seldom works as people just ignore it

ps, I'm not keen on the term guy either . I do not recall becoming another US State...Not yet anyhow.

pps. I'll go back to calling him Johnson again now
    • colinw
    • By colinw 4th Sep 19, 12:08 PM
    • 55,812 Posts
    • 153,665 Thanks
    colinw
    I wasn't expecting you along Colin.....well not so quickly anyhow .

I agree, it sickens me too, I think I've pointed out before. How so many people on here appear to know Aretha, David, Freddie, Greta...
    It stinks of people really saying "you cannot deprive me of being part of this (thing). I need to be part of this (thing) "

What amuses me even more is when some posters constantly bluster
    the following; JohnsonB or Brexit Party Ltd, as if they are trying to make a point, which seldom works as people just ignore it

ps, I'm not keen on the term guy either . I do not recall becoming another US State...Not yet anyhow.

pps. I'll go back to calling him Johnson again now
    Originally posted by HighamKneeDee
    Actually I agree on the guy thing, it jarred a bit when I posted it but I did not bother to change it
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 7th Sep 19, 9:06 AM
    • 10,177 Posts
    • 35,588 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Two things recently - photo of Moppatop and a stubborn moo, with the moo clearly winning.

Also lad sat & passed his theory test (we were under at 6 to get him there for 8) so Saturday has got off to a flying start!
    • colinw
    • By colinw 7th Sep 19, 5:32 PM
    • 55,812 Posts
    • 153,665 Thanks
    colinw
    Possessing a deadly bottoms in the Supermarket today, it always makes it more enjoyable and tactile choose victim carefully, usually an aisle blocker, try to time it so there is someone else close enough to take the blame, drop chemical attack and retreat
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 7th Sep 19, 5:48 PM
    • 10,177 Posts
    • 35,588 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Do you eat a lot of pickled eggs, or is nature generous?
    • colinw
    • By colinw 7th Sep 19, 6:02 PM
    • 55,812 Posts
    • 153,665 Thanks
    colinw
    Do you eat a lot of pickled eggs, or is nature generous?
    Originally posted by DigForVictory
    Not really, I donít usually have that problem it was well timed though
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 8th Sep 19, 9:48 AM
    • 10,177 Posts
    • 35,588 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Herded firstborn gently through Help To Buy ISA Application.
    A proud and happy moment.
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 15th Sep 19, 6:37 PM
    • 10,177 Posts
    • 35,588 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Middleson planning platelet donation - proud of him but the 9am start getting him into Manchester on a Sunday morning is a bit harder to beam about.
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 18th Sep 19, 9:30 AM
    • 10,177 Posts
    • 35,588 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Texted smiley from engineering apprentice who was feeling a bit disheartened at how much would go out of his payslip - I pointed him towards the uniform tax refund page & pointed out engineering apprentices rate £60 a year...
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 20th Sep 19, 1:13 PM
    • 10,177 Posts
    • 35,588 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Eldest, having watched various Area 51 excitements, has a new ambition - to get a selfie with the Area 51 gates. (He sent this link to me.)
    I think so long as he doesn't try & film anything he should be OK but why they haven't Glastonbury-ed the opportunity I do not understand. So much simpler to allow people so far & ensure they have clean safe areas to retreat to.
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 20th Sep 19, 1:30 PM
    • 2,114 Posts
    • 5,222 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    This porcupine:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGz8jcbJjRw
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 22nd Sep 19, 8:22 PM
    • 10,177 Posts
    • 35,588 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    The blueberries, the new tayberries & the new loganberries have a proper Lancashire welcome, & been thunder lightening & very thoroughly rained on. Hopefully they’ll get the idea & hunker into survival mode!

God knows I plan to. We got the young ‘un to platelet donation despite his alarm malfunction....
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 3rd Oct 19, 7:51 AM
    • 724 Posts
    • 1,642 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Dad got his appointment to get his picture taken for his bus pass
    • colinw
    • By colinw 3rd Oct 19, 8:16 AM
    • 55,812 Posts
    • 153,665 Thanks
    colinw
    Dad got his appointment to get his picture taken for his bus pass
    Originally posted by duncanthedog
    Tell him to remember to smile
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 6th Oct 19, 7:55 AM
    • 10,177 Posts
    • 35,588 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    In an article on surely not still used tech, I was much amused to read the Japanese new cyber-security minister admitted he had never used a computer.

This makes me more qualified than the incumbent unless the title in fact translates to "most senior liaison for the Yakuza".
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

80Posts Today

2,334Users online

Martin's Twitter