Top Cashback Sites Article Discussion

Comments

• dazza.mk
    dazza.mk Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Annanya wrote: »
    Hi, as you can probably tell I am new to this so am not quite sure what I am doing! I too was a member of Cashbackkings, but luckily for me I only had about £2 in my account. However, I received an email from liquidators a few days ago, so if you are lucky you may still be able to get some of your money back!

Amended, I'd be surprised in this instance if you got any money back, if you do it will be a very small percentage,
  • Does anyone have any idea what has happened to the "CashMachine" cashback website?
    Thanks
    JL
  • dricer
    dricer Posts: 51 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I recently ran a test to see who paid me the quickest,

I ran with Quidco, Top Cashback and Cashbackhero.co.uk.

The longest time it took to get paid with was with Quidco followed by Cashbackhero.co.uk and TopCashback paid the fastest.

I would suggest clearing any cookies before you click on an offer through a cashback platform as there can sometimes be confusion as to who sent the transaction through. If you are browsing a number of different cashback sites this can be a problem. You can still submit a missing ticket too with them if you haven't been paid.
    Things are far easier than you think.
  • ab3njp
    ab3njp Posts: 4 Newbie
    I joined with quidco only a month ago and have already had £100 tracked, but probably good time of the year for me as all our insurances are up for renewal. saved £200 on my home insurance and got £75 cashback.

However, as the previous posts say, I'm yet to receive any of it. It can take up to 4 months apparently.

As MSE says, use the cashback sites for things that we were going to buy anyway, and shop around first. E.g. a new TV - we went in stores to see it face to face to make sure it was what we wanted and the check the price. Then checked online at it was £30 cheaper. And to top it off, the online shop I got it from offered the best rate of cashback.

Also I've used NCP for years for work, and only by registering my card did I realise I got 11p back every day. Over a year that will mount up to about £30.

So I can obviously see the benefits, but hopefully this isn't too good to be true, we will see in a couple of months whether they pay up.
  • luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Quidco offers 5% back on Premier Inn bookings but won't investigate when the cash back doesn't track - which as been twice in 2 bookings. Bad show Premier Inn :naughty:
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • Hi all
    New to the MSE forums and have a question..... Suppose "someone" clicks through to a merchant on TopCashBack and was just browsing but didn't make a purchase, and then they got a cashback tracked to the account and its now at the confirmed stage, could that "someone" claim it when it becomes payable without worrying that TopCashBack might come a'knocking for it back?? not that this "someone" is morally inept and wanting money that isn't rightfully earnt, but if its the merchants mistake for tracking it incorrectly can TopCashBack ask for it back? has anyone else come across something like this? thanks.
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    user1984 wrote: »
    Hi all
    New to the MSE forums and have a question..... Suppose "someone" clicks through to a merchant on TopCashBack and was just browsing but didn't make a purchase, and then they got a cashback tracked to the account and its now at the confirmed stage, could that "someone" claim it when it becomes payable without worrying that TopCashBack might come a'knocking for it back?? not that this "someone" is morally inept and wanting money that isn't rightfully earnt, but if its the merchants mistake for tracking it incorrectly can TopCashBack ask for it back? has anyone else come across something like this? thanks.
    If you didn't make a purchase there would be no cashback
  • Thanks JDPower, dont know if you use TopCashBack but they use stages regarding cashback - Pending > Confirmed > Payable > Claimed. After the merchant site was browsed, the account was credited with the amount that would have be applied if a purchase was made. This went into the Pending state at which point if the merchant realised the mistake, it would have been removed. However, it went to the confirmed stage i.e. the Merchant confirmed the cashback. It hasn't gone to payable state yet so they still may take it away but IF it goes to this state it makes it available for me to request the BACS payement. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and what happened if they took the money. Thanks.
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 June 2011 at 11:23PM
    user1984 wrote: »
    Thanks JDPower, dont know if you use TopCashBack but they use stages regarding cashback - Pending > Confirmed > Payable > Claimed. After the merchant site was browsed, the account was credited with the amount that would have be applied if a purchase was made. This went into the Pending state at which point if the merchant realised the mistake, it would have been removed. However, it went to the confirmed stage i.e. the Merchant confirmed the cashback. It hasn't gone to payable state yet so they still may take it away but IF it goes to this state it makes it available for me to request the BACS payement. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and what happened if they took the money. Thanks.
    Yeah I've used TCB for a long while, never heard of this happening before. Definitely wasn't a click thru for x pence was it???

If it is a mistake I would say its up to you how you deal with it. Technically you'll have received the cashback fraudulently, which you might get away with for a few pence but if it's a significant amount and TCB or the merchant discover it then at the very least you will have your TCB account closed. TCB are normally very good and understanding and if you point out the error they may well offer to cover the cashback out of their own pocket as a thank you for pointing out the mistake (though I'm not for one second saying they WILL). Honesty is always the best policy IMO
  • Can anyone explain how THEHIGHSTREETWEB wroks on quidco please?

I logged in to quidco, went through highstreet web and searched for a samsung tv, it displayed links, and I clicked amazon, then I searched amazon a little, but quidco didn't log it, am I missing a trick?

Thanks in advance.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure