Virgin Media/NTL

Comments

• Diamond78
    Diamond78 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I also havent signed a contract with them, I recieved it through the post but when all the messing me about started with installation i thought id wait before i signed my life away. Basically installaion never happened on the day so they sent out another contrat with the new date again never signed it and stil ohavent and wont until i have recieved aletter stating about the credit on acount aswell as fixing the billing and sorting out the slowness of broadband.

I saw the new VirginMedia advert for wait for it *faster broadband* errrgghh i do not think so. They have no shame what so ever and there is still no sign off informing customers about the billing ie 3 for £30 being billed 2 different bills.

How do i got about going small claims court. I would love to but seems costly and confusing.
  • bekc
    bekc Posts: 23 Forumite
    not sure Diamond78 but i have seen it on other threads on the forum. there was a long one about a landlady dispute a while back that had lots of info on it! (just ahd a quick look and i couldn't fins it but this must be covered on the site somewhere!)

I have a nother installment of my virgin media dispute!

After downloading the code of practice file from virgins website and reading the complaints proceedure i needed to send a second letter to the customer concern manager. this was done and sent on wednesday by recorded delivery. It said (obviously personal details and the attached letters have been removed!):

"Firstly may I say how utterly exasperated I am by this whole situation.

After five phone calls and a letter, I find myself forced into writing yet another letter while still in a tedious and extremely concerning situation.

Please read the copy of my letter dated 3rd January 2008 (attached).

Also please find a copy of the corresponding reply for yourselves dated 21st January 2008.

When the aforementioned letter from Virgin arrived I was very pleased with this outcome, thinking that the situation had been resolved satisfactorily and with reasonable compensation to that point.

However, I then received a letter from yourselves dated 26th January 2008 (copy is also attached). STILL demanding payment for an account that Virgin incorrectly set up and are STILL incorrectly billing me for. I called 150 from my landline home phone as soon as I opened the letter and asked them to see if both accounts are still operative. They are.

I am very disgruntled and feel that you are behaving in a truly incompetent fashion.

I deduce from the letter dated 26th January 2008 that the confirmation of ONLY the three for £30 package being operative was incorrect and dishonest.

I have already made an indemnity claim for the first £18 that Virgin took from my bank account for this incorrect broadband account without my permission. To do that I had to take the day off work and go into the bank. Then there are the numerous phone calls I have made and the time taken to make them. And now the time, effort and annoyance taken constructing another letter.

The earlier letters demanding the outstanding sum of money had a reminder on the bottom inferring that my credit rating would be affected by further non-payment. As such I am extremely concerned that my credit rating will be affect by this fiasco. I am very conscientious with bills and always ensure that they are paid in full on time to ensure there is no negative effect my credit rating and consequently my credit history.

I did NOT ask for the separate broadband account.

I did NOT ask to be involved in this farcical series of events.

I want this issue resolved.

The only package I wish to be charged for is the three for £30 package for which I subscribed in September 2007 and the associated costs of phone calls made from my landline.

I do not want to receive any more incorrect and insulting letters demanding I pay a sum of money that I am not responsible for.

I await confirmation in writing that this matter has been resolved fully and satisfactorily.

If I do not receive a satisfactory response then I feel I will have no option but to go to CISAS and also seek legal advice on the matter.

I await your response."

On thursday i came home to find my normal correct virgin bill and guess what...another letter demanding £19.60. this one entitled 'urgent action - final reminder'.

It basically said that if i didn't pay this would be classed as a default on payment and my credit rating would be affected. it also said that i would now be awaremy services had been suspended - how would i be aware they were not supplying me with the service for that account in the first place!

I had a long chat with my mum and my partner and decided to protect my future credit score, although i despised the thought of it, i would ring and pay the £19.60 and carry on with my complaint with a view to claiming the money back.

so on friday morning i called them on the 0800 number ont he letter and spoke to an english speaking (not an indian call centre!) man. i told a shortened version of the story and said as virgin were being completely incompetent i was protecting my credit score.

He was incredibly helpful. the first person yet. he explained i did not need to pay the money and what had happened was that the account had been closed but the account hadnt been credited to zero it and thats why the letters were still coming. he said he was sending an email (while i was ont eh phone) to the department that settels accoutns to sort it out.

I asked if the people dealing with my complaint would be able to see this and he said yes. i said can you make a ful note of this phone call including that i am feeling threatened and frightened by theses letters and he said yes.

I really really really hope this is the end of this situation. although i cant quite believe it at the moment.

I'll see what the reply to my second complaint letter is now.

YOU ARE STUCK WITH YOUR DEBT IF YOU CANT BUDGE IT! LOL!
    :hello: DFW :hello: Thank you Martin!!! !!! !!! :money:
  • Diamond78
    bekc wrote: »
    not sure Diamond78 but i have seen it on other threads on the forum. there was a long one about a landlady dispute a while back that had lots of info on it! (just ahd a quick look and i couldn't fins it but this must be covered on the site somewhere!)

I have a nother installment of my virgin media dispute!

After downloading the code of practice file from virgins website and reading the complaints proceedure i needed to send a second letter to the customer concern manager. this was done and sent on wednesday by recorded delivery. It said (obviously personal details and the attached letters have been removed!):

"Firstly may I say how utterly exasperated I am by this whole situation.

After five phone calls and a letter, I find myself forced into writing yet another letter while still in a tedious and extremely concerning situation.

Please read the copy of my letter dated 3rd January 2008 (attached).

Also please find a copy of the corresponding reply for yourselves dated 21st January 2008.

When the aforementioned letter from Virgin arrived I was very pleased with this outcome, thinking that the situation had been resolved satisfactorily and with reasonable compensation to that point.

However, I then received a letter from yourselves dated 26th January 2008 (copy is also attached). STILL demanding payment for an account that Virgin incorrectly set up and are STILL incorrectly billing me for. I called 150 from my landline home phone as soon as I opened the letter and asked them to see if both accounts are still operative. They are.

I am very disgruntled and feel that you are behaving in a truly incompetent fashion.

I deduce from the letter dated 26th January 2008 that the confirmation of ONLY the three for £30 package being operative was incorrect and dishonest.

I have already made an indemnity claim for the first £18 that Virgin took from my bank account for this incorrect broadband account without my permission. To do that I had to take the day off work and go into the bank. Then there are the numerous phone calls I have made and the time taken to make them. And now the time, effort and annoyance taken constructing another letter.

The earlier letters demanding the outstanding sum of money had a reminder on the bottom inferring that my credit rating would be affected by further non-payment. As such I am extremely concerned that my credit rating will be affect by this fiasco. I am very conscientious with bills and always ensure that they are paid in full on time to ensure there is no negative effect my credit rating and consequently my credit history.

I did NOT ask for the separate broadband account.

I did NOT ask to be involved in this farcical series of events.

I want this issue resolved.

The only package I wish to be charged for is the three for £30 package for which I subscribed in September 2007 and the associated costs of phone calls made from my landline.

I do not want to receive any more incorrect and insulting letters demanding I pay a sum of money that I am not responsible for.

I await confirmation in writing that this matter has been resolved fully and satisfactorily.

If I do not receive a satisfactory response then I feel I will have no option but to go to CISAS and also seek legal advice on the matter.

I await your response."

On thursday i came home to find my normal correct virgin bill and guess what...another letter demanding £19.60. this one entitled 'urgent action - final reminder'.

It basically said that if i didn't pay this would be classed as a default on payment and my credit rating would be affected. it also said that i would now be awaremy services had been suspended - how would i be aware they were not supplying me with the service for that account in the first place!

I had a long chat with my mum and my partner and decided to protect my future credit score, although i despised the thought of it, i would ring and pay the £19.60 and carry on with my complaint with a view to claiming the money back.

so on friday morning i called them on the 0800 number ont he letter and spoke to an english speaking (not an indian call centre!) man. i told a shortened version of the story and said as virgin were being completely incompetent i was protecting my credit score.

He was incredibly helpful. the first person yet. he explained i did not need to pay the money and what had happened was that the account had been closed but the account hadnt been credited to zero it and thats why the letters were still coming. he said he was sending an email (while i was ont eh phone) to the department that settels accoutns to sort it out.

I asked if the people dealing with my complaint would be able to see this and he said yes. i said can you make a ful note of this phone call including that i am feeling threatened and frightened by theses letters and he said yes.

I really really really hope this is the end of this situation. although i cant quite believe it at the moment.

I'll see what the reply to my second complaint letter is now.

You poor thing, I so know how you feel and what your going through with VM. The do not realise just what they put the customers through.Im glad you got a proper and proffessional customer service advisor for once as that is very rare as you know. I have again complained via customer care team who was based in india as my broadband got cut off suprise suprise due to non payment, err i dont think so, itstheir mess up again and I really cant be getting such high stress levels anymore. I have yet to recieve the letter confirming the gesture of goodwill the rude woman promised,i have emailed and still nothing. So I am going to do what you do and write again to the customer concern manager. Can you please tell me what address this nees to be sent to, mant thanks and hope you this resolved. I hope watchdog actually take notice as there are so many unhappy customers
  • bekc
    Hi diamond78,

It was the strongest letter i could write without swearing or it being construed as liable! :)

I have been using their code of practice which can be found in pdf format at http://allyours.virginmedia.com/pdf/code_of_practice_0607.pdf . Page 10 refers to complaints and has the phone numbers and addresses to write to. Although originally I wrote to the London address ont he bottom of the payment demand letter. I then recieved a reply saying they were dealing with my complaint and would be in contact within 10 day (from a local office which i never knew existed!). then i recieved a proper response from the manchester based customer concern team (nothing like buttering up the name complaints team!!!).

In case you cant view the PDF the main details to make a complaint :mad: to Virgin Meadia are (direct quotation from above PDF booklet):
    "What to do if you are dissatisfied:
    If you are unhappy we need to know about it as quickly as possible. To avoid delay please contact us by:
    Contacting Customer Care call 0845 454 1111 and our customer care representatives will be able to assist you.
    Writing to Customer Concern. The address is shown below and on your bill. Your letter will be acknowledged within 48 hours of receipt.
    Email using the on-line form found on our web-site. Messages received are responded to by a
    dedicated team. To avoid any delay, please do not send correspondence to individual representatives’ email addresses. Your email will be acknowledged and dealt with promptly.
    If you remain dissatisfied: If a complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction you can ask to escalate the issue to a manager. As it may be necessary for the manager to call you back, please provide daytime and evening contact numbers.
    Or you can write to:
    Customer Loyalty Manager
    Customer Concern
    Concord House
    Concord Business Park
    Threapwood Road
    Wythenshawe
    Manchester M22 0EY "

I took the last option and put it in writing also sending the letter by recorded delivery so as to track its reciept at the other end!:T

The team does seem to be english / british based (not sure what the polite term is for not an indian call centre - no offence intended!) so if you are getting through to an indian team it hink there might be something wrong there!

Good luck and let me know how you get on!

(wrt your previous post about small claims court I saw this http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/infoabout/claims/index.htm and thought of you!)

Kindest regards

Bek

• Diamond78
    thanks hun,
    im going to write a b2nd complaint letter as im so fuming. i sent an email of complaint again an yesterday a guy called me from VM, i explained i wasnt happy and still hadnt recieved letter stating what i was told in regards to the complaint letter i sent.he was not hepful what so ever, he then cut me off and didnt even attempt to call me back which annoyed me more. i was not rude once and stated that i should not be lied to and staff from the complaints dept need training, when he said a letter had not been sent out and he would speak to the rude woman who rang me on another occasion who was from complaints, i stated that hopefully the call she made would be tracked down as they state calls could be recorded for training and thats when he hanged up.

im now on the phone to them, its india and explained what happened yesterday and she told me there is nothing to show i recieved a call yesterday, i didnt get his name i was out and i always get a name but this time i didnt but have proof on my mobile for the call, i asked the woman now to put me through to uk, she said ok at first and now says she cant asd il probaly go through to indi again.

im going bloody mad and my stress levels r going sky high. what more can i do, even if i write its not doing any good.
  • TomsMom
    TomsMom Posts: 4,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Oh lordy, this is depressing.

We have had the NTL Freedom (dial up) package for years and were very happy with it. Virgin Media are dropping the package from the end of this month and we were offered their broadband including free weekend/evening calls for £10 per month for the first 12 months. It seemed like a good offer so the gubbins is on the way.

Must admit to not doing any research before we accepted this offer as we were on holiday until last week and needed to get something sorted before the end of the month, thought the quickest thing would be to accept the Virgin Media offer.

Fingers crossed all goes well but now I have my doubts.
  • bekc
    Hi TomsMom!:j

Not really sure what is happening with Virgin as a company atm!

My parents were with diamond cable, the ntl and now virgin as they have all changed over the years and have never had a problem not once! SO i hope this is the experience you have with Virgin!

not sure if its bad luck or rubbish customer services thats causing all these problems. :mad:

Thing with mine is someone must have intentionally set up the extra account! thats the most annoying thing!

Diamond 78 - not sure about why they are hanging up on you etc. but make sure you write a 2nd letter of complaint following the proceedure as when i called the CISAS number and listened to all the blurb before you speak to an advisor it says they wont consider it unless you have exhausted the complaints proceedure of the company or a have a 'deadlock' letter - a letter where the company says they can do no more to help.

Just make sure you send the letter recorded or special delivery so you have proof that they have recieved the letter. If they dont respond after so long i seemt o remeber you can then report them for breech of code of practice, but i cant remeber where i read that!!!!! :)

My stress levels with the whole situation are also very high due to the sheer frustration of the situation. as the customer you are basically helpless until they decide to rectify the situation.....when ever that may be!

fingers crossed that we will all get sorted soon!

• funny how the customer used to be king, seems like way to many companies out there couldnt care less about there customers thesedays. A very sad state of affairs.
  • Diamond78
    bekc, sorry to be a pain but did you send your letter to the customer loyalty manager at concord house???I will do my letter this weekend as my sons not well so wont get round to doing it-thanks hun
  • bekc
    Hi diamond78. yes i did send my letter to:

Customer Loyalty Manager
    Customer Concern

Concord House
    Concord Business Park
    Threapwood Road
    Wythenshawe
    Manchester M22 0EY

Yesterday i received their standard reply letter saying that they will be intouch within 2 weeks and are 'sorry i am unhappy with their service's".

what a joke!!!

will see what the reply is but it had better be flipping good! :)

Hi Dad-of-4. yes i think it is a very sad state of affairs too. the trouble is one complaint to big companies simply doesnt matter! and loss of a customer isn't important to them either!

it's frustrating that as the customer you have to deal with their mistakes knowing that the only one who is inconvenienced is you!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport