Cat food recommendations

Options
2»

Comments

• JoseChungsDoomsday
    Options
    Carrot007 wrote: »
    Of which 10kg bags are quite resonable on amazon (at least some varietys!)

As cats do though they went off it!

Expect the change eerything all the time when they decide you are wrong for buying the same thing again!

TBH mine have not been to bad, just fussy now they are old! Chunks too big, chunks too small, it's in gravey, is gelled into one big lump! Anything they want to moan at!

Thankfully I'm at the stage where my two will eat anything... Except most of it makes them ill!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I've ordered some grain free James Wellbeloved to see if it suits them.
    :santa2:
  • KiKi
    KiKi Posts: 5,377 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    suki1964 wrote: »
    Id love mine to eat cereal free, additive free, human grade meat/fish but the wee so and so's like Felix so that's what they get

Just in case that was a reflection on my post...! In no way was I criticising or judging others whose p-u-s-s-y (filter!!) cats don't eat cereal free, human grade etc. I was just responding to the OP's request for some ideas. :) (Plus, my two cats like it right now, which is a huge bonus. I'm sure at some stage they'll turn against me and stop eating anything I have in the kitchen cupboard and I'll have to start all over again. I left some crackers out today and found one of them happily licking the cream cheese off the top. Sigh.)
    ' <-- See that? It's called an apostrophe. It does not mean "hey, look out, here comes an S".
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 19 September 2019 at 12:52AM
    Options
    Reasonably priced grain-free complete wet foods include Bozita (online only) in tetrapacks, and Butchers Classic or Butchers Really Meaty (+2% salmon oil) both in large tins.

My little girl has eaten Butchers for much of her adult life - now ~9 years old - and has never needed a dental. She did not like Bozita half as much so we switched back to Butchers.

She is indoor-only and, without cat grass, will sometimes chew at leather, wood, corners of hardback books and (occasionally) my artificial plants. :eek: Many common living indoor plants are toxic to cats: you can check which on the ASPCA website.
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • TripleH
    TripleH Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's our oldest (tortoise shell) who is fussy. She'll only eat certain types of food so we feed them all the same food. The other two (both Burmese) get what they're given and seem quite happy with this.

The youngest one won't eat wet food for some reason only dried food but will eat house plants.
    The oldest just comes and licks the jelly off of wet food.
    The middle one is happy with wet or dry food when she remembers she needs to eat, but rarely touches the cat grass.

All 3 love the fresh catnip and happily eat that. (sends the younger two ballistic whilst mellowing out the older one significantly).
    May you find your sister soon Helli.
    Sleep well.
  • Kittyh19834
    Options
    Have you tried anything by Encore? - Mine absolutely LOVE the wet food pots! You can get them in Sainsbury's 

• KatrinaWaves
    KatrinaWaves Posts: 2,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have you tried anything by Encore? - Mine absolutely LOVE the wet food pots! You can get them in Sainsbury's 

Make sure the Encore you are feeding is a complete food, as many of the Encore foods are complementary and do not contain everything a cat needs in its diet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure