Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • medindexer
    • By medindexer 1st Sep 19, 7:20 PM
    • 45Posts
    • 2Thanks
    medindexer
    Vodafone broadband failings
    • 1st Sep 19, 7:20 PM
    Vodafone broadband failings 1st Sep 19 at 7:20 PM
    Today, my speed has dropped to 3 from 30 (fibre). No big deal this should be. But I can't contact their telephone support and htis has been happening on and off for over 2 years!. When you ring during opening hours you often get a message saying `we are closed now'. Ive reported it so often and it still keeps happening. If you try chat that often is not working either. I get apologetic calls from customer relations but they will not admit to this gross failing. I've been told I must be doing something wrong. Even when I replicated the wrong opening hours message to one of the agents (using my mobile to communicated and landline to call tech support) and the person heard the message he did not react other than by saying that it works for him. It's like there's some conspiracy to deny their terrible standards.

Right now landline is not working for telephone calls - I've reported it, but nothing gets done. When I do get through to support they say BT has fixed it but it's not working. Vodafone staff are very poor at calling back when promising. I can hardly begin to tell you about so many other failings.
    But right now, they are not open at their advertised times and as I said this repeatedly happens. I find this incredible. Personally, I think they have their mobile support sorted out, but not their broadband. There is no dedicated phone number for Broadband, whether you are home BB or business BB. The answering service asks you questions but a lot of the time does not understand your reply - even a `YES' from one can elicit a `sorry I didn't get that', If you say for example `home broadband' it may say `did you say business broadband'. I'll leave it there but here I am, as with so many of my complaints to Vodafone, wondering how I'll solve the present problems when I can hardly get through to anyone.

Are there others of you out there suffering as I am?
Page 2
    • thecrater
    • By thecrater 17th Sep 19, 9:21 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    thecrater
    Hi guys.
    A new Vodafone Broadband customer here. Less than a week. Just switched from BT. Had absolutely no issues whatsoever with BT but the cost was too high so I switched to Vodafone. To say that the internet speed has been abysmal would be an understatement. Called their support and waited over 2 hours and gave up and used the chat instead. The lady at the other end kept trying to say that it could be the wifi speed and I explained that this was the speed reported on the router itself so not wifi. Eventually she gave up and gave me 15% (which is what they offer if they don't give you the guaranteed minimum of 55mbps) because I was getting 49mbps. Since then the reported speed has gone up to 55 mysteriously but the actual achieved speed when I run a speedtest.net to a VF server is 5.26mbps using an ethernet cable. The upload speed is 10.12mbps so my upload speed is literally better.

What can I do? How can I leave them? I don't want to suffer this for 18 months.
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 17th Sep 19, 9:26 PM
    • 4,006 Posts
    • 1,169 Thanks
    AndyPK
    They will tell you it takes 10 days to settle. And they have a point.

Worth installing the app. As that shows the speed
    • medindexer
    • By medindexer 18th Sep 19, 12:16 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    medindexer
    Vodafone debacle
    I posted this on Trustpilot where I noticed they have an 85% bad rating: See https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.vodafone.co.uk

I'll be short here (and not mention other troubles). Six times, I've been told BT openreach would come to fix my landline fault (broadband works but no calls). After my 3rd attempt, I got a call from another agent, saying that the 3rd attempt was made by someone who could not actually book a BT visit. He would make a booking (4th) as he had authority to make one. Sounded good, on the ball at least. But uv guessed, no BT man came. 5th attempt sounded even better. he was a uk-based agent so local (which for sone stupid reason makes u think it's a more sure fire thing, very thorough in all respects - given a BT reference number blah blah). Yep, no-one came (and all these people I asked to give me a call back after the BT appointment and none did). Yesterday, another call up by me (and waiting to answer times have been up to an hour or more), and I'm told the previous agent f..ked up so there was no BT man booked. So this agent has made a booking for Monday 16 September 2019 (promised he'll call to see). I believe it each time. Believe me, I know how to complain, but they've come close to defeating me. Their level of incompetence in my experience is second to none by a million light years.
    They must know it. They must be so understaffed. To keep us distanced from them, they give out to a restricted number of us who they deem worthy, a special number, that requires a 6 digit PIN code to get to speak to a living breathing agent. But boy do you have to work hard to get this so called "higher level" or "second level" tech support.
    And that one song they play that u have to hear each time for ages is burned into my brain.
    =============
    Vodafone posted a reply:
    Hi Laurence,
    If there's anything you need us to chase up for you, please send us your details on Twitter @VodafoneUK or on our Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/vodafoneUK
    Thanks,
    Chazz
    Vodafone Social Media
    =============
    Well,nobody offering any direct help. I don't want to go on Twitter and FB. I just want V to improve their act!
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 18th Sep 19, 8:33 PM
    • 4,006 Posts
    • 1,169 Thanks
    AndyPK
    They got mine working yesterday.
    • Tharweb
    • By Tharweb 19th Sep 19, 9:01 PM
    • 1,072 Posts
    • 322 Thanks
    Tharweb
    Hi guys.
    A new Vodafone Broadband customer here. Less than a week. Just switched from BT. Had absolutely no issues whatsoever with BT but the cost was too high so I switched to Vodafone. To say that the internet speed has been abysmal would be an understatement. Called their support and waited over 2 hours and gave up and used the chat instead. The lady at the other end kept trying to say that it could be the wifi speed and I explained that this was the speed reported on the router itself so not wifi. Eventually she gave up and gave me 15% (which is what they offer if they don't give you the guaranteed minimum of 55mbps) because I was getting 49mbps. Since then the reported speed has gone up to 55 mysteriously but the actual achieved speed when I run a speedtest.net to a VF server is 5.26mbps using an ethernet cable. The upload speed is 10.12mbps so my upload speed is literally better.

What can I do? How can I leave them? I don't want to suffer this for 18 months.
    Originally posted by thecrater
    Check the contact which they should have posted to you. You have 30 days to cancel.
    This site has saved me a fortune ...it's also cost me a fortune!
    Tharweb 2006
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,779Posts Today

8,257Users online

Martin's Twitter