Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 91
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 4th Sep 19, 12:25 PM
    • 13,332 Posts
    • 6,090 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    Why not ask them ,that is MSE not the forum .
    • The_Bloodster
    • By The_Bloodster 17th Sep 19, 4:03 PM
    • 325 Posts
    • 269 Thanks
    The_Bloodster
    Vodafone Sign Up
    I was wondering whether anyone has tried to sign up for Vodafone through the link on here where you get a 100 gift card or through any of the cashback sites.

Even though I've got a mobile contract (2 in fact) with Vodafone it comes back that i have failed a credit check. Strangely though if I speak to Vodafone on the phone or chat they are happy enough to process the order. Seems they just want to avoid giving me the bonus cashback/gift card.

They fed me some suspiciously sounding rubbish that when you go through the links its a copy of the Vodafone website and not really their site. Anyone had that before?

Tempted to go straight to Vodafone and order it to see if it fails the credit check and then when it passed ask about the 100 voucher offer. When they come back and say you didn't click the link etc etc i'll say thats fine and cancel the order. Would be interesting to see what they do in that case

• Tharweb
    • By Tharweb 17th Sep 19, 8:41 PM
    • 1,071 Posts
    • 322 Thanks
    Tharweb
    I was wondering whether anyone has tried to sign up for Vodafone through the link on here where you get a 100 gift card or through any of the cashback sites.

Even though I've got a mobile contract (2 in fact) with Vodafone it comes back that i have failed a credit check. Strangely though if I speak to Vodafone on the phone or chat they are happy enough to process the order. Seems they just want to avoid giving me the bonus cashback/gift card.

They fed me some suspiciously sounding rubbish that when you go through the links its a copy of the Vodafone website and not really their site. Anyone had that before?

Tempted to go straight to Vodafone and order it to see if it fails the credit check and then when it passed ask about the 100 voucher offer. When they come back and say you didn't click the link etc etc i'll say thats fine and cancel the order. Would be interesting to see what they do in that case
    Originally posted by The_Bloodster
    I placed an order through MSE broadband choices on the 19th August. I had to register for the gift card first and then click on a link to the Vodafone site in the acknowledgement email to place the broadband order. Well if it is a copy, strangely enough they accepted my order and sent me a router ready for my connection date next Tuesday. A copy of the Vodafone site?! What rubbish!
    This site has saved me a fortune ...it's also cost me a fortune!
    Tharweb 2006
    • The_Bloodster
    • By The_Bloodster 18th Sep 19, 5:22 PM
    • 325 Posts
    • 269 Thanks
    The_Bloodster
    I placed an order through MSE broadband choices on the 19th August. I had to register for the gift card first and then click on a link to the Vodafone site in the acknowledgement email to place the broadband order. Well if it is a copy, strangely enough they accepted my order and sent me a router ready for my connection date next Tuesday. A copy of the Vodafone site?! What rubbish!
    Originally posted by Tharweb
    Thanks I just continued through after registering for the gift card and got to do the order process before it decided my credit rating was not good enough - which is crap as it's on the up and has been for last few months and I have absolutely have no issues with credit.

I knew the copy site was bull crap but I thought it was an unusual thing to say, yes there is affiliate links but not different websites lol

I'll give it a go with the link in the email

• The_Bloodster
    • By The_Bloodster 18th Sep 19, 5:29 PM
    • 325 Posts
    • 269 Thanks
    The_Bloodster
    Still failed credit check - which is bull crap. I am tempted to place the order without the link and see what happens. If I get order accepted will try and claim the card otherwise cancel the order and see what they do then

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

745Posts Today

6,233Users online

Martin's Twitter