Make Money Online - discuss the MSE guide

This is the discussion thread for the Make Money Online guide.

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Follow MSE on other Social Media: MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram, Threads, Join the MSE ForumGet the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mailReport inappropriate posts: click the report buttonFlag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• mrsyardbroom
    mrsyardbroom Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The quickest money I've made online was through Panel Opinion. I clicked on a link that offered £60 for a 45 minute interview via a webcam. I was part of a small group who took part. The interview actually lasted an hour but I was paid £60 into Paypal a couple of hours later. Great work.
    Don't mess with pensioners. :cool:
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    The quickest money I've made online was through Panel Opinion. I clicked on a link that offered £60 for a 45 minute interview via a webcam. I was part of a small group who took part. The interview actually lasted an hour but I was paid £60 into Paypal a couple of hours later. Great work.

Are these frequent? Though I work full time I would be up for this during the holidays or at weekends/evenings.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,896 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    While the main point about spending vouchers is generally true it is silly just to opt for cash without checking the redemption rate - with Swagbucks for instance the points needed for £85 of paypal credit would get £100 of Amazon vouchers and various other sites charge differing amounts depending what type of reward you are getting (at least one site makes a deduction from paypal rewards to cover the fees they are charged)
    Do spend gift vouchers ASAP

If you're given the choice, opt to get paid in cash. If you get paid in gift vouchers, spend them ASAP. Doing so reduces your chances of being left with invalid vouchers should the retailer go bust on you. Plus it means you can't lose them or forget about them until they go out of date
  • mrsyardbroom
    mrsyardbroom Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 October 2018 at 4:38PM
    mikep22 wrote: »
    Are these frequent? Though I work full time I would be up for this during the holidays or at weekends/evenings.
    I only joined the site last week. I haven't seen any more opportunities but I wouldn't mind doing some more. When I told someone else about it they said they would hate to do it and would dry up if they had to answer questions on camera. I think you have to like doing this sort of thing. I have recently been widowed and I get very lonely sometimes. Sitting chatting to people via the laptop was quite enjoyable for me. The interview did go on for an hour so if you have family or pets who might interrupt it could be difficult. At one point I thought my dogs were going to start a mad game round the living room and start barking. I somehow had to maintain my concentration on the webcam whilst trying to calm two dogs that had been quiet for far too long.
    Don't mess with pensioners. :cool:
  • mikep22
    I only joined the site last week. I haven't seen any more opportunities but I wouldn't mind doing some more. When I told someone else about it they said they would hate to do it and would dry up if they had to answer questions on camera. I think you have to like doing this sort of thing. I have recently been widowed and I get very lonely sometimes. Sitting chatting to people via the laptop was quite enjoyable for me. The interview did go on for an hour so if you have family or pets who might interrupt it could be difficult. At one point I thought my dogs were going to start a mad game round the living room and start barking. I somehow had to maintain my concentration on the webcam whilst trying to calm two dogs that had been quiet for far too long.

Very true, I am a teacher who does lots of youtube videos, so being on cam doesnt really bother me. And the amount of super noodles I could get for £65 is well worth the effort....
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
  • How long has it take you to make your £25,520 online? :idea:
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,896 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    OhhEnnEmm wrote: »
    How long has it take you to make your £25,520 online? :idea:

Average of just over £3,000 a year for zero outlay, so includes surveys, competitions etc but not things that were simply a good deal like haggling down contracts, using cashback sites etc.
  • My husband and I live basically paycheck to paycheck.

I’ve had this feeling of fear since. My husband was I started looking for different websites with freelance jobs as Upwork, Freelancer, Fiverr, Periodix, ZipRecruiter, Indeed etc. And Amazon Mech Tasks
    And some people suggested me this forum for checking opportunities.
    Currently, I started searching via Periodix. But I'm not sure how it works. Just signed up.

Who knows any other options?
  • mikep22
    ingamix78 wrote: »
    My husband and I live basically paycheck to paycheck.

I’ve had this feeling of fear since. My husband was I started looking for different websites with freelance jobs as Upwork, Freelancer, Fiverr, Periodix, ZipRecruiter, Indeed etc. And Amazon Mech Tasks
    And some people suggested me this forum for checking opportunities.
    Currently, I started searching via Periodix. But I'm not sure how it works. Just signed up.

Who knows any other options?

I would suggest reading the posts you have just posted in - as this is nothing at all about freelancing. In the very first post there is a guide with lots of good tips. It's a good place to start if you are looking to make money online.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport