Buffy Keeps on the Straight and Narrow

Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Popping out of lurking, I wasn't quite sure what to say before.

Hope the treatment on the tooth stops all the pain now. Expensive but oh so worth it if it does what it's supposed too.

Don't be too hard on yourself about work and home and all things. You have a whole load going on.

Be kind to yourself

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,235 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Buffy I have Denplan and although I have to pay £23 a month, I don't pay for treatment and my dentist is private not NHS.

Glad you've broke up for half term but you need to sort something out work wise if you're not happy.

Take care xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • My old dentist had denplan, but I need so much work done at the moment I could never get it. I will probably get it at some point (I don't think my new dentist does it tho. not sure)

I have a vision board Rosa, your post made me look at again - have done quite a few of them and aside from the travel and romance most are under way.

Tooth doesn't feel too bad. Checked my CC, forgot I bought make up.
    oops.

I am going for a wander round the boards and see what ways I can make money....

XX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • please tell me the cost of the fish was 22 as opposed to 22 fish
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • please tell me the cost of the fish was 22 as opposed to 22 fish

LOL. Yes, they cost 22 pounds, it was basically a treat for dealing with the surprise root canal!
  • What is going on with the boards, seems like a LOT of spam about :(
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,130 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    What is going on with the boards, seems like a LOT of spam about :(

Seems to be the way of it these days sadly.

WEll, at least it wasent snails Buffster:p:p:rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • I have had the right hump since the start of the week. The amazingness of having the fence built and concreting the side of the garden (for bins) was massively over shadowed by my BIL getting quite sick. They thought he had some kind of infection. He does but he also has the flu. We are back to the refusing treatment and him being awful to people, the nurses doctors and my sister.

I just can't feel any more bad. or any worse if you see what I mean. I cannot get over how terribly terribly ill a person can be. I just want him to get better.

Mum is exhausted with worry and keeps saying she is ok.

I haven't seen my friends this break at all. not one. It has been a round of dentist and vets. Today is the first day I haven't had an appointment.

I wanted to start a new diary for Lent but everything is so tense here I don't have the energy. I think I will do practical things.

Got a massive credit card bill. Oh yeah part of me having the hump at everything involved me buying a mini tank for my room....and some houses for the guinea pigs...and posh food for the rabbits. a huge bag which will last them ages mind so I am going with it - it helps their teeth. Cheaper than a dental.

So instead of wallowing massively I shall find a jumper and my coat and venture out in the garden.

Buffy
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,235 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Sorry to hear BIL is unwell. His immune system will be rubbish and this will go on for years unfortunately. He must be so cheesed off with it all and unfortunately takes it out on those who care for him. If my mum had still been here when Mr SA was ill she would've been just like your mum, she'll be worried for your sister, bless her.

Good idea to do something practical to take your mind off things.

Take care Buffster xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • hopefully the dental work is getting there
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure