ESA - Medical evidence

When reassessment for ESA is due, do I just send clinical letters from hospitals or can I include letters for MRI, blood tests, outpatients appointments too?

Thanks

Comments

• NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    tazwhoever wrote: »
    When reassessment for ESA is due, do I just send clinical letters from hospitals or can I include letters for MRI, blood tests, outpatients appointments too?

Thanks

You need to send evidence to support what you have said on the form about your medical condition

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/employment-and-support-allowance/help-with-your-esa-claim/fill-in-form/medical-evidence/

Appointment letters, for example, wouldn't normally provide that
  • They usually ask that evidence is no more than 2 years old, BUT if its more than that and relevant I would still send it.
  • NeilCr wrote: »
    You need to send evidence to support what you have said on the form about your medical condition

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/employment-and-support-allowance/help-with-your-esa-claim/fill-in-form/medical-evidence/

Appointment letters, for example, wouldn't normally provide that

Hi, just a quick question you say appointments normally dont count.
    So would a Hosptial letter explaining what was talked about at my appointment count ? Above this it states my Health issues.

Thank you
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Hi, just a quick question you say appointments normally dont count.
    So would a Hosptial letter explaining what was talked about at my appointment count ? Above this it states my Health issues.

Thank you

Yes that would be useful evidence to send. Just the letter saying you have an appointment on x day in y clinic wouldn't be any good.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • Ames wrote: »
    Yes that would be useful evidence to send. Just the letter saying you have an appointment on x day in y clinic wouldn't be any good.

Thank you, IMO its always better to have other people opinion not just your own.
  • tazwhoever
    tazwhoever Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    I am currently on CB ESA (support) for the past few years, today I have received reassessment form (ESA50).

Do I need to send the past medical clinical letters with the new ones I have received or just the new ones (past few years)?

After sending off the ESA50 form, how long do I need to wait for the decision?

Thanks,
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,947 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    tazwhoever wrote: »
    I am currently on CB ESA (support) for the past few years, today I have received reassessment form (ESA50).

Do I need to send the past medical clinical letters with the new ones I have received or just the new ones (past few years)?

After sending off the ESA50 form, how long do I need to wait for the decision?

Thanks,
    You need to send all of your evidence. There's no timescales but be prepared for another assessment. Good luck.
  • tazwhoever
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    You need to send all of your evidence. There's no timescales but be prepared for another assessment. Good luck.

Thanks, last time there was no F2F, hope it goes the same way. I see the new ESA50 is slightly changed from the old one that I received few years ago.
  • w06
    w06 Posts: 917 Forumite
    edited 11 May 2018 at 5:26PM
    You can though only send as much as you have available, when I applied for ESA last year I only had a very brief letter confirming a diagnosis and disability (two different things) and that I'd need to work from home regularly from 3 years earlier, and another from a year earlier confirming I'm on home oxygen. I was put in support group without a face to face.

Ed to add, obviously not recommending that, but some of us only have very limited evidence and if that's the case that's all that can be sent
  • tazwhoever
    Last time it was ATOS (without F2F) and this time is https://www.chdauk.co.uk. Are the medical assessment harder or easier now?

I am scared being called for F2F, but have so far information on my conditions from hospitals.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure