No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries May 2018

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    uu

Crabtree & Evelyn Nantucket Briar Shower Gel 500ml - super foamy and very strongly scented and the scent lingers on the skin as all C&E shower gels do, this was a powdery, old fashioned floral which I rather liked. Still have a couple of uses of the matching body lotion left then onto another of their matching sets.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Hugs to you kadison, sorry to hear that your friends are being a bit rubbish. The last 2 years I have gone away on holiday for my birthday, so buying more toiletries is probably cheaper lol

Had a few UU this week
    Lush full size soap, it was blue but no idea of the name since I've been using it for a year!
    Etude house bb cream samples, good samples and I got a whole week of use from them
    Yardley daisy body spray, still got loads of the perfume left
    BS Moringa body lotion, 60ml bottle I took on holiday, it was really runny so I have finished this and still have half of the shower gel left
    BS coconut handcream, another small size I took on holiday

Had a good rummage around my makeup on Friday, safe to say I don't need to buy much for the next decade! I have left out a few things which have been well used and I need to try to finish up
    No more buying unnecessary toiletries 2018
    35 UU / 13 unnecessary ins
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    I forgot to declare one IN - Clarins Lip Oil (Tangerine). I kept delaying buying this as I wasn't sure if it was worth the hype and I regret now as it is an amazing product. Not sticky at all and looks great when you put on. I remember talking here with one of you, sorry can't remember who though :o After that, I decided to buy it at some point and it was discounted at duty-free so I bought one. I'm likely to buy other colors in the future.
    ally.
  • Treasurequeen
    Treasurequeen Posts: 615 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    I’m back if you will all have me, I used to be a frequent poster last year but then mental health got worse and I fell off the wagon and ended up buying way too many products.

PP:
    Liz earle toner
    Body cream
    Liz earle shave cream
    Odylique shower gel
    Liz earle handcream
    LE cleanser
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    edited 13 May 2018 at 8:46PM
    Welcome back Treasurequeen. I have a UU-Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic. I do like this one and WBA at some point. I'm out of toners at the moment with the exception of Clinique Clarifying Toner and I only use it in the mornings. I need to purchase one.

I've also UU'd Bubble Purifying Charcoal Mask that I got in LF beauty box. This is a sheet mask which I didn't realise initially. You rub the sachet before opening for couple of seconds to activate the "bubbles" and then put on your face, leave around 10-15 min. Then you see bubbles foaming. After 15 min, you take it off and rinse with water. So it is almost like a glorified face wash. I don't like sheet masks that much and packaging/mask waste is an issue for me so I won't be buying this again.

I'm planning to paint my nails with Barry M - Bespoke today.
    ally.
  • lucia22
    lucia22 Posts: 285 Forumite
    edited 13 May 2018 at 10:49PM
    UU - 5

Dove Go Fresh Pomegranate and Lemon Verbena Deodorant 250ml - This is my favourite Dove scent. WDBA. Have swapped for a roll on deodorant however it's a brand which leaves white marks on dark clothes so will probably buy another spray.

Nivea Soft Refreshingly Soft Moisturising Cream 200ml - I love this cream, bit of a HG for me. Plenty of other creams left in stash so will hold off on buying more for now.

Johnson's Cotton Buds (200 buds)
    - I like using these to clean my ears but will seek out a less wasteful alternative.

Bomb Cosmetics Chilly Willy Bath Bomb
    - Another from the Christmas gift stash. According to Amazon, it lasts four baths but I've been using one per bath. Wouldn't usually buy bath bombs but they are lovely as gifts.

Imperial Leather Soap Bar - One of many I have stashed away but finally finished up this one!
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2019 Total UU since 2016 - 396 | Total February UU - 1
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    PP List:-

Liz Earle Skin Repair - I think this will be finished tonight.
    Flora Mare eye cream
    OPI Original Nail Envy
    LUSH Dirty
    [STRIKE]LUSH Mask of Magnaminty
    LUSH Cup o Coffee
    [/STRIKE]No 7 Nourishing cuticle cream
    ABC Skinwash
    [STRIKE]Liz Earle Rosemary and Lavender hand cream[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]OPI IS Top coat[/STRIKE]

The LUSH Dirty will definitely be finished before the end of the month. The Nail Envy and cuticle cream may be. I doubt that the eye cream and skin wash will be.

7 by Summer

NARS Cruella
    MAC Whenever You Call eyeshadow
    [STRIKE]No 7 Chilli lip lacquer [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]NYX concealer [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]OPI Apartment for Two mini[/STRIKE]
    Urban Decay Easy blush
    L'Occitane Jasmine & Bergamot fragrance

The NYX concealer was finished this morning. This was a lovely product that I'll repurchase once my next concealer (Benefit Boing) is done.

I really want to finish the eyeshadow this week and the fragrance.

So Ins:-

Cotton wool pads
    2 x face masks (the L'Oreal copies) - thought I would try both the clarifying and the brightening as they are only £1.99 each.

Had to replace my lip balm. Was using a Burts Bees one but I had rolled all the product up to its end. It then got jammed into the lid and broke off so kept flying out of the tube when I used it. Have bought a tub of Carmex.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Bath & Body Works Be Amazing hand cream. Love this product but a bit miffed that I've gone through it so quickly. Have a new one to use next.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I have a uu

Garnier Summer Body Light/Medium - WBA but already have another to use, nice natural colour and no streaks when using a mitt.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • lucia22
    lucia22 Posts: 285 Forumite
    UU

Sanctuary Spa Body Scrub 50ml - This was in a Christmas gift set - just the shower gel left now. WDB as it had a lovely scent and made my skin very soft.

The Body Shop Ginger Anti-Dandruff Shampoo 250ml - A HG product for me. Although expensive, it lasts a long time as I use it occasionally. WDBA.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2019 Total UU since 2016 - 396 | Total February UU - 1
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure