IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ruthless parking eye

2»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,646
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    You are the 'lessee/hirer' and would have won at POPLA on that basis...if the driver had not been admitted in the appeal. Should have chosen 'lessee/hirer' when appealing online to PE.

Sounds like the first appeal blabbed about who was driving? Ouch...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • daley6522
    daley6522 Posts: 10 Forumite
    KeithP wrote: »
    OK, firstly you need to edit your most recent post to remove clues to the identity of the driver.

The last part of your second sentence should perhaps look something like:
    ...its a company car, so we are the day to day keeper, not owner or registered keeper.

Thanks keithP, i presume you mean times etc(now removed)
  • daley6522
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    You are the 'lessee/hirer' and would have won at POPLA on that basis...if the driver had not been admitted in the appeal. Should have chosen 'lessee/hirer' when appealing online to PE.

Sounds like the first appeal blabbed about who was driving? Ouch...

yes I think the person in question did admit to driving the vehicle, I'll check tomorrow, however surely like in the case of parking eye v mrs x, driving around looking for a space isnt classed as parked
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    daley6522 wrote: »
    No.

You are advised never to reveal who was driving (though from #14 it now looks too late to worry about this!)
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,433
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    No.

I suggested editing your most recent post - post #11.

But it is not important if the driver is already disclosed.
  • daley6522
    Quentin wrote: »
    No.

You are advised never to reveal who was driving (though from #14 it now looks too late to worry about this!)

I just hope it's not a case of "the horse has bolted"
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    yes I think the person in question did admit to driving the vehicle, I'll check tomorrow, however surely like in the case of parking eye v mrs x, driving around looking for a space isnt classed as parked
    It is 'total stay' as defined by ParkingEye (and POPLA might agree).

I am saying this was 100% winnable (because the PCN would have been first sent to the company, who then named the lessee, and PE always muck up that paperwork). The lessee - almost certainly - would not have lost at POPLA, if they'd come here first and followed advice on wording.
    I just hope it's not a case of "the horse has bolted"
    Sorry but it is. I warn you now, it is far less certain due to not appealing as lessee/hirer.
  • daley6522
    edited 9 March 2018 at 12:44AM
    It is 'total stay' as defined by ParkingEye (and POPLA might agree).

I am saying this was 100% winnable (because the PCN would have been first sent to the company, who then named the lessee, and PE always muck up that paperwork). The lessee - almost certainly - would not have lost at POPLA, if they'd come here first and followed advice on wording.

Sorry but it is. I warn you now, it is far less certain due to not appealing as lessee/hirer.

are you saying cough up the £60 now then? The PCN was actually forwarded by our employer not a new one with named drivers from PE
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    edited 9 March 2018 at 1:03AM
    are you saying cough up the £60 now then?
    Never. I am always hopeful that over 95% of POPLA appeals here will work, and have done for years. But it's so sad to read the initial appeal threw away the slam-dunk 100% win handed to you on a plate.
    The PCN was actually forwarded by our employer not a new one with named drivers from PE
    Lessee should have asked the employer to name them as lessee (with address) then waited for their own copy, then won at POPLA with no sweat.

Next time!

THIS TIME, you are going to have to sweat a bit, as it's not 100% now.

I repeat, I never say pay ParkingEye and you may well win on one of the other template appeal points already written for you to use (NEWBIES thread post #3), or by copying one someone already wrote in the past few months only, about the same location.

Easy to find by searching the place & the word POPLA, on this forum, and find one no older than 2017. Show us your draft and don't be coy about the location, because we know about them (signs, etc.).
  • daley6522
    Never. I am always hopeful that over 95% of POPLA appeals here will work, and have done for years. But it's so sad to read the initial appeal threw away the slam-dunk 100% win handed to you on a plate.

Lessee should have asked the employer to name them as lessee (with address) then waited for their own copy, then won at POPLA with no sweat.

Next time!

THIS TIME, you are going to have top sweat a bit as it's not 100% now.

I repeat, I never say pay ParkingEye and you may well win on one of the other template appeal points already written for you to use (NEWBIES thread post #3), or by copying one someone already wrote in the past few months only, about the same location.

Easy to find by searching the place & the word POPLA, on this forum, and find one no older than 2017. Show us your draft and don't be coy about the location, because we know about them (signs, etc.).

Thanks, ill pick it up again tomorrow...re hash my POPLA and resubmit for your appraisal/ disapproval :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure