PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 12th June 2017

Comments

• atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Morning all

Feeling much better today, good job too as I have loads to do today, including 4 hours paid stuff.

Also need to:
    • Tidy kitchen
    • Christen dinner
    • Go to post office
    • Go to library
    • Do some invoicing for DH

As well as the list. Phew, better get cracking and feed the kiddies. Have fab days all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • SpikyHedgehog
    SpikyHedgehog Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thank you Mumof2 and lynnejk!

The fishermen in the family (dad, brother, my grandad when he was still with us, sister'sBF) all rave about how wonderful Scotland is - but the furthest 'north' we've lived is Suffolk and the weather is a lot different down here. DS1 is a chef and didn't have much time off over December - the odd day off till the actual Christmas period and then even less. So when he took much annual leave in January, decided to go to Scotland, on his motorbike. To go camping...! I managed to convince him to find a B&B to stay in instead, and he went up, stayed 1 night and rode around the next day, then came back home! He said it was beautiful, but hadn't realised how much colder it was than down here...

Work again yesterday, and DS2 in school for 2 out of 2 days :-)

Wheely bins were emptied before we left for the school run, so I emptied the bags of shredded paper I'd stashed out of the way in the car boot into the empty green waste bin, then brought the bins back round after work. Put away the washing up, and started on the list:

Level 1

[STRIKE]Open the windows WIDE
    Empty the bin[/STRIKE]
    Clear the coffee table - polish and dust - don't have a coffee table, so grabbed a cloth and spray and went round the surfaces that were clear (or clearable with 1 hand while holding cloth in the other) and cleaned them
    [STRIKE]Wipe coasters, light switches, door handles and sticky sockets[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Treat the pot plants to some water and a wipe/spruce up
    [/STRIKE]
    Level 2
    [STRIKE]Vacuum or wipe sofas and chairs including under seat cushions[/STRIKE] I'd washed the sofa cover the other day but it had motorbike helmets and topboxes on when I was ready to put it back on, so it had lounged around on the ironing pile waiting for me - got that put back on, and vacc'd behind while I had the sofa pulled out
    [STRIKE]Fold throws and hang[/STRIKE]
    Vacuum drapes
    [STRIKE]Wipe sills[/STRIKE]
    Polish windows and mirrors

Level 3
    Dust everywhere
    Wipe skirtings, dado and picture rails
    Flick a feather duster over pendant lights and wall lights
    [STRIKE]vacuum/sweep floor [/STRIKE]
    Steam mop/mop hard floors

Extras
    [STRIKE]Make sure nothing is turning into compost in the fridge - weave those withering veggies into your meal plans[/STRIKE] - science experiments removed Monday, but I planned and did a bean curry for dinner last night so I could work on the ginger... DS1 bought 750g of root ginger and left it for me to deal with :cool: ... It takes longer than you might think to peel that much ginger! The onions were well done before I got anything else in the pan with them :-) but I got the ginger all peeled, then blitzed it in the food processor. 1 ice cube tray full popped in the freezer to freeze into easy ginger blocks, 1 tub full in the fridge waiting for the tray to be emptied (must go and do that now), then added the carrots to the food processor and blitzed them to get a bit of ginger added. DS2 then said as we ate that he doesn't really like ginger...
    [STRIKE]S&S kitchen and bathroom (which shouldn't be too onerous - given it was cleaned yesterday, wasn't it?)[/STRIKE]

DS2 came back downstairs as I was scrubbing at marks on the door from the living room into the kitchen and said "What's the point of you doing that? It'll only get dirty again." Which I'm sure is true, but I'd still like to battle the dirt! He did then say the living room looked better for my having cleaned it though he still doesn't know why I bother... Having a messy house shouldn't put me off having people round, he says. Well, it does!

Got the kitchen all cleaned up after dinner, went off to bed and got down this morning to find DS1 had made flapjacks for a snack after the 24 hour gym... He had rinsed out the pan, but there were oats and sugar stuck around the place so not as sparkly as I'd left it. Gave myself a talking out of negativity as I cleaned it up and reminded myself that the whole reason I want the house clean is for us all to live in it and that means using it. And better that he makes flapjacks with our own ingredients than buying junk from shops and leaving the wrappers in his bedroom. And, at work, people are paid to clean up before and after him so he wouldn't have thought anything about seeing the sink clean - it's what he expects. And he thought he had cleaned up by rinsing out the pan and putting it in the washing up bowl so I could get to the sink this morning.
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #37 - waterproof wearing cage customiser, chief of cable ties and duct tape

It's me, DS1 (24), DS2 (16), and the lurcher.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,292 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all

atb someone bought me a can of coke at work a couple of weeks ago, I never normally drink the stuff but it did perk me up! Sugar and caffeine, not something to be relied on I suppose but good for an emergency.

Lynne that's exciting, but sad that you get racial abuse in Scotland, didnt know it was like that.

Yesterday was mad, job no.1, job no. 2, gym class, meeting for job no 1 then home at 9.30pm. I slept really well last night though so I am raring to go this morning. Have dusted and tidied. Going to hang some washing out and get ready for the paid stuff.
  • rb6ac
    rb6ac Posts: 611 Forumite
    lynnejk wrote: »
    I'd love to move out of Scotland. I really don't like it here and not just the weather. There are a lot of problems not least the racial abuse for being English.

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time here - we moved to Scotland a few weeks ago from London as we are pregnant and wanted to raise the bub near my husbands family in Fife. Im not from here but hoping to meet people through baby groups, if they are friendlier than where you are! Can't say I'm looking forward to winter weather either :)

Thanks for todays list! Going to make a start shortly on the nursery and spare room.

Beth
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Um, really bad fly lady here - off riding - don't know when I'll be back! I know when I do get back though I'll be in a great mood to get some cleaning done so not all bad news lol ;)
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Morning flyladies and flygents!

I am back, hopefully for more regular contact now.

My toxic house has now been SSTC, and today I need to be getting paperwork degibbled and there is LOTS of it which will keep me busy. So laptop is at the desk and not on my lap, there is a tea next to me and all you good and lovely folks are out there on the Inter-webs, so best foot forward and all that.....

Going to do HHLegal, then I shall be pegging out some washing, have another brew and try and catch up with everyones news

xxx
    The cold never bothered me anyway
  • neveah
    neveah Posts: 471 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all I'm doing yesterday's list today xx
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Good news about the house, skinty xx

Yaay all work handed in, that's me done! I'm going to get some reading for pleasure books now :)

I have two quotes for decorating so far - one at 800 and one at 450 - this is hall stairs and landing and downstairs loo. Now I'm wondering if I should do it myself. It's a lot of doors - 13 :eek: and emulsioning woodwork, walls and ceilings.

I guess I have time now since I've finished studying.

What would you do?

All I've done today is hang the towels out after washing. Thinking picnic for dinner out on the lawn so I'll sort the kitchen while I make that...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Busy busy day as expected. Just back from kids swimming lessons and they are eating pizza for tea. My washing pile is growing by the second!

Feeling a bit stressy - we have another potential non-paying customer. Trying to keep a lid on my worries for now for the sake of DH, and be practical...

Bossy - I would pay someone to do it personally, I am happy to do most DIY jobs but never decorating.

x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ok. I now have no excuse not to fly. My career is probably over and the legal fees won't be worth fighting it.

So the next few weeks I will be utilising the career counselling offered by my governing body (for current and Ex members) and cleaning house. Also selling anything that isn't nailed down.

Bossy I wish I lived closer to you. I'd hire myself out.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family