A whole new world, for now

Comments

• hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hurrah for the work :-)
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • Yesterday I rather recklessly celebrated by visiting a garden centre and spending £50 on plants. This evening I am so sore from fighting with the weeds and planting. There is still more to be done but I have reclaimed and prettified the paved bit outside my dining room window, have made use of open bags of top soil and compost and have brought pots back into circulation. I also managed to get a sun burnt nose!
    DS has returned to London with his friend having first visited my mother. Failure to do so could result in the plane falling from the sky. Today I purchased an external hard drive for business purposes as my business continuity is contingent upon this and, despite craving a Chinese, food was from the fridge.
    Today I am grateful for
    Safe travel for my family
    Catchup tv
    Making inroads to the garden in prep for end of May family BBQ
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Sounds like a nice day gardening INOD, and nice enough weather to burn your nose.

Well done on not succumbing to the chinese.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • in_need_of_direction
    in_need_of_direction Posts: 7,282 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 2 May 2017 at 5:25PM
    Today I'm meeting two former workmates for a cheap and cheerful lunch - done. Before that I will clear up the ironing - done, tart up a new baby gift - done, make a few necessary phone calls. After that I will collect our holiday currency taking advantage of a £5 discount - done. I will sort out at least one other pot and will gather up all work stuff in one category.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • I managed to sort out two pots but the work stuff and half the phone calls remain outstanding. Tomorrow I start back at jog club and then meet some friends for food undoing the hard work. Am starting to feel the pre holiday panic kick in. Not good.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,193 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Why pre holiday panic?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • It's what I do. I don't really like flying I worry about everything from what to pack to medication issues, etc. I also worry about what could happen when I'm away re offspring, mother, house, etc. my control freak tendencies go into overdrive.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,193 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ah ok got you.
    Funny how we all worry about different things.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Today I will make more garden pot progress before it gets too warm. The dog was bold yesterday and ate something she shouldn't have so got shouted at. It's likely I won't have her company as she will stay indoors and sulk!
    Yesterday I got my ziffit £8.85 confirmed, withdrew my April expenses from my business account and £28 from tcb. That would appear to be the sum total of this month's income. It's so weird. I also got the stuff through from the client that I will be working on and it all seems doable. I also had lunch with a former colleague which was nice but won't continue to be affordable without income.
    Wednesday I had my cut, colour, eyelashes, eyebrows and waxing done. DD had given me a £50 voucher at Christmas which went towards all of this. My natural tendency would be towards slobbery which I can't afford to slip into if I want to put myself out there as a professional. Having said that, for me, gardening means my nails are permanently grubby despit my wearing gloves. Right, need to get a wiggle on as everything needs to be planted before we depart on Tuesday and I don't like the heat. I will also kick start the work to get a head start on this before I go. While it's not my core business offering, I'm excited to be doing it and am so pleased to be given the opportunity.
    Thanks to all who visit, it really does help.
  • I went to jog club on Wednesday. I kept pace with the group doing 18 mins of 1 min walk, 1 min jog and covered 3.1k. Was so happy about that :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback